New offer

jdixon0631

19 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Yes, for those who are living in LaLaLand.  For everyone else, no.  

Maybe those short little cruises will be the test cruises.  They have to start somewhere, and by just going to Half Moon Cay, they don't have to worry about outbreaks in a port, people walking away from the cruise sponsored excursions, etc.  That actually seems like a good place to start because except for the few people who live there, it's really just like being on the ship when it comes to possible exposure/transmission of covid. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, iamsteph said:

Maybe those short little cruises will be the test cruises.  They have to start somewhere, and by just going to Half Moon Cay, they don't have to worry about outbreaks in a port, people walking away from the cruise sponsored excursions, etc.  That actually seems like a good place to start because except for the few people who live there, it's really just like being on the ship when it comes to possible exposure/transmission of covid. 

Yes, good starting point.  But, not by May.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iamsteph said:

Except test cruises have to be non paying, and you have to have a doctors note stating its okay for you to do the test cruise.  Start of page 23 of the CDC cruise guidelines (I don't think its okay for me to post a link to them - but you can google it - its a 40 page PDF document.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

The fine print really says "Please send us money! Anything!" Its hard to pay the board 7 digit salaries with no cruising going on!

I made my donation last week when they had $50 deposits I got 2 cabins.but that's all they are getting.they got to wait a year and 4 months for the rest.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jdixon0631 said:

I looked at my offers today and there was a new offer. Half moon cay offer. Will this be the new start to getting back to cruising. Short cruises to half moon cay

6D1A4B3D-80AB-42A2-9F7E-983F4A5B2B2D.png

I got a better deal last weekend a lot more obc on a 4 day bahamas and I got a t.a. to almost double it.i did a mock booking a while ago and I came out better with a real port with the 2 cabins I booked last weekend.I'm not too keen on half moon cay anyway we have been there.i can understand the attraction though if you live in a state with no beaches.

On 2/20/2021 at 1:30 PM, Imalismom said:

Except test cruises have to be non paying, and you have to have a doctors note stating its okay for you to do the test cruise.  Start of page 23 of the CDC cruise guidelines (I don't think its okay for me to post a link to them - but you can google it - its a 40 page PDF document.

It's OK to post a link.  Especially anything official, like from the Government or Carnival.   In fact, CC encourages it, rather than copy-pasting entire tracts of text, since that can be construed as copyright infringement.

What CC doesn't like is linking to other travel-agent type websites.

And yeah, AFAIK the test cruises have to be at no cost to the test cruisers, with clearance to sail, etc.

Well Halfmoon is a good place not to catch Covid.  And the Bahamas will likely be the test ports.  I am 69 and I would sign up for a test cruise..... 2 weeks after my second shot.

I still think herd immunity is key to all this.  As of feb 23, 44.5 mill in the US has had at least one shot. And the rate is just short of .5 million stabs a day (but that is first and second doses).  Everyone that wants a shot, that is over 18 ,should be double dosed by early August.  But herd immunity will happen prior to that day. The Doc that thinks April 1 is a real optimist but that is a good point in time to start looking for it, probably mid May.