Using Future Cruise Credits

flifish64

On 2/26/2021 at 12:11 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Since it can be applied to cruise fare only I suspect you should be able to use it for a cabin upgrade but not for cruise planner purchase like drink packages.

I called the Blue Chip Club and their reply was the same as yours.  FCC could be used for the cruise fair of an upgrade.  Since my upgrade ended up being only $70 pp chose not to use my FCCs that were $688pp.

Carol

My 125% FCC's are dated through 12/31/21 for a cruise that was cancelled in March, 2020 just as the pandemic started -- What is the latest on booking through 2022 using the FCC's? I also know that you could still apply for a refund of 100% through 12/31/21. Has that changed?  We also have an extra $300 in FCC's for an excursion disaster on another previous cruise that is going to expire 12/31/21.  Any comment are appreciated. 😊 

The 125% FCC's have had the book by date extended to 4/30/2022 and the sail by date 9/30/2022.  The date to be able to convert 125% FCC to a refund I don't believe has changed and it base on when the original cancelled cruise was.  It's different for different suspended sailings.

Your other FCC's I doubt have been extended.  Historically these non CwC FCC's the expiry date indicated the date you actually had to apply to a booking and the sailing could be later than the expiry.  That may longer be the case now that FCCs are so common and most agents understand them better.  If you have a sailing past 12/31/2021 you want to apply them to I'd call and see what you could negotiate based on current conditions.   As has always been the case if you cancel/move the reservation after the expiry date the FCC $$ will be gone.

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

The 125% FCC's have had the book by date extended to 4/30/2022 and the sail by date 9/30/2022.  The date to be able to convert 125% FCC to a refund I don't believe has changed and it base on when the original cancelled cruise was.  It's different for different suspended sailings.

Your other FCC's I doubt have been extended.  Historically these non CwC FCC's the expiry date indicated the date you actually had to apply to a booking and the sailing could be later than the expiry.  That may longer be the case now that FCCs are so common and most agents understand them better.  If you have a sailing past 12/31/2021 you want to apply them to I'd call and see what you could negotiate based on current conditions.   As has always been the case if you cancel/move the reservation after the expiry date the FCC $$ will be gone.

wrk2cruise - Thank you for the update. I will stay on top of it... Hopefully, we will be able to cruise again in 2022.  I think the cruise lines have written off most if not all of 2021.

Take care and stay safe.  Happy sailing!!🛳️