Balance due policy

awmartin

5 minutes ago, tesni said:

15th August 

I got my notification Jan 7th and at that time it was up to the end of June. If it's now moved further on to the middle of August then it's a bit worrying. Maybe our October cruise isn't safe either.

Avril

14 hours ago, tesni said:

Took me ages to find it, but I think it's halfway down this page: https://www.pocruises.com/travel-health-advisories/flexible-cancellation-policy

If you have a cruise booked, entering your details here: https://www.pocruises.com/balance will confirm the date payment is due.

Thanks very helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

T/A will want it sooner!

True, we had a reminder from our agent for our end of June cruise a couple of weeks back.  I rang and was told they were aware of the P&O change so was given a new bal pay date of two weeks before the P&O date, so they can pay them.  That is fine with me, though the excuse was the system generates the reminders automatically.  I thought computers can be told what they should be doing though....... 

Agents are obviously trying it on and I can appreciate that some can be in a bad way themselves.  It is necessary to keep aware of the cruise line stance though and question if need to.  CC is great for keeping up with that and also how everything is working regards cruises.  It is great to be able to get help and help others who need it.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tring said:

True, we had a reminder from our agent for our end of June cruise a couple of weeks back.  I rang and was told they were aware of the P&O change so was given a new bal pay date of two weeks before the P&O date, so they can pay them.  That is fine with me, though the excuse was the system generates the reminders automatically.  I thought computers can be told what they should be doing though....... 

Agents are obviously trying it on and I can appreciate that some can be in a bad way themselves.  It is necessary to keep aware of the cruise line stance though and question if need to.  CC is great for keeping up with that and also how everything is working regards cruises.  It is great to be able to get help and help others who need it.

I agree that CC is great for keeping up with how things work in the cruise industry.A few years ago we had a Cunard cruise booked which I decided I wanted to change because of the long flight involved.I had read on CC that people had been able to move a Cunard cruise to one on P and O. I mentioned this to my TA who said she didnt think this was the case but she phoned P and O to check.The person she spoke to said it wasn't possible either.However I emailed Cunard head office and they said it was possible and so I was able to transfer to a P and O cruise, all with the help from others on CC

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, 7th cruise said:

We are booked on Ventura on 31st July this year, our TA want the balance paid by 2nd July but P and O don't want it until 2nd August ??

Aren't Ventura, Azura, Arcadia and Aurora cruises cancelled until  the 21st? August🤔?

Me thinks your TA is trying to pull a fast one.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
added text

8 minutes ago, 7th cruise said:

Sorry 31st October

You had me confused there for a minute, but that's not very hard to do nowadays😁

TA's always ask for the deposit much earlier than P&O, which is why I book direct. When I queried it my then TA, they  said have to do that because of ''banking and processing!'' Riiight 😏

Avril

58 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

You had me confused there for a minute, but that's not very hard to do nowadays😁

TA's always ask for the deposit much earlier than P&O, which is why I book direct. When I queried it my then TA, they  said have to do that because of ''banking and processing!'' Riiight 😏

Avril

Does that mean i have to pay those pesky TA when the ask for it 

12 minutes ago, 7th cruise said:

Does that mean i have to pay those pesky TA when the ask for it 

Unfortunately. You could try asking them if they'd give you a later date because of the uncertainty of cruises sailing re cancellations etc. It couldn't hurt.

Avril

• Like 1

My TA told me that the 30 day balance is being extended to cruises up to 4th October.  Which is a pity as ours is 14th October!!  Don't think it has been announced on P&O website, but he was told by P&O.  I can see it being extended even longer than that which the way Europe is going.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

My TA told me that the 30 day balance is being extended to cruises up to 4th October.  Which is a pity as ours is 14th October!!  Don't think it has been announced on P&O website, but he was told by P&O.  I can see it being extended even longer than that which the way Europe is going.

Ours is 9th October. It is worrying about Europe, just when I thought things were looking up for cruising. Sod's Law I guess.

Avril

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Ours is 9th October. It is worrying about Europe, just when I thought things were looking up for cruising. Sod's Law I guess.

Avril

We must be next in line for an extension, if not we have to face it Avril, we will be international cruise guinea pigs.

48 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We must be next in line for an extension, if not we have to face it Avril, we will be international cruise guinea pigs.

The cruise we're on, or should be on, is Arcadia's first cruise since she came back from her worldie last year.

Avril