Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

25 minutes ago, little britain said:

Interesting developments announced on MSC today: apparently the government has changed guidelines and as of 28/6 can operate at increased capacity of 50% Under the condition that operators ensure that all adult guests are fully vaccinated with exemptions for those under 18…..

Has anyone heard anything on RCI? 

This covers cruises between now and 19/7 when of course everything’s back to normal 🧐

Official guidance hasn't been updated?

1 hour ago, strickers said:

Official guidance hasn't been updated?

I too have been following their story…

All those who sail Virtuosa this Monday have received mail informing them of a change to fully vaccinated adults only, to allow for a new Government 50% capacity allowance. (Naturally families with a 19 year old on first shot only are fuming over the 6 day notice).

As yet no updates to existing UK Government website or even their own MSC site.

If the MSC mail is correct about UK law that would mean an instant doubling of Anthem UK sailing capacity from this weekend.

Just now, Stevio said:

I too have been following their story…

All those who sail Virtuosa this Monday have received mail informing them of a change to fully vaccinated adults only, to allow for a new Government 50% capacity allowance. (Naturally families with a 19 year old on first shot only are fuming over the 6 day notice).

As yet no updates to existing UK Government website or even their own MSC site.

If the MSC mail is correct about UK law that would mean an instant doubling of Anthem UK sailing capacity from this weekend.

Just had a look at RCI and MSC, the cruises haven’t appeared on sale?

16 minutes ago, strickers said:

Just had a look at RCI and MSC, the cruises haven’t appeared on sale?

No that is the problem... But go take a look at the MSC "Big changes to UK Sailings" thread and see the anger from those officially told that if not fully vaccinated and over 18 they cannot now sail on 7th July.

MSC must have some kind of advance info of a law change but currently a secret to anyone other than to those sailing Monday.

Edited by Stevio

7 minutes ago, Stevio said:

No that is the problem... But go take a look at the MSC UK Virtuosa thread and see the anger from those officially told that if not fully vaccinated and over 18 they cannot now sail on 7th July.

MSC must have some kind of advance info of a law change but currently a secret to anyone other than to those sailing Monday.

Justifiably angry I would say, at least RCI went with the fully vaccinated policy from the beginning. 

10 minutes ago, strickers said:

Justifiably angry I would say, at least RCI went with the fully vaccinated policy from the beginning. 

Very true... Annoyingly I went for the extra cost of a UK RCI cruise just because MSC were going the unvaccinated route and I could foresee chaos... Now, possibly temporarily, they will be all adult vaccinated.

Now if only RCI would follow MSC with their no advance PCR testing for vaccinated adults I would be happy again.

Edited by Stevio

Guest BigRoger
1 hour ago, Stevio said:

No that is the problem... But go take a look at the MSC "Big changes to UK Sailings" thread and see the anger from those officially told that if not fully vaccinated and over 18 they cannot now sail on 7th July.

Hi it’s not just 7th July….. we were due to be sailing on Saturday 3rd…

we knew there was a big issue and had been piecing together the story on MsC roll call for days…. But last night we found out by social media FB and CC that we couldn’t go as DW is only 1 week since second jab…. Now having to unpick everything….

Reality is all cruise lines oversold versus the 1,000 limit in hope of freedom day…. Rumour was MSC had up to 4,000 due to be on board….. 

we’ll be back in anthem a bit later in the summer…..

Just had my Eurofins PCR test at Courtyard Hotel Luton, ready for the shakedown cruise, well signposted and organised. Would recommend this site for anyone in the area. 

Friendly staff, and register your car at reception for free car parking as well.

Only critique of Eurofins was that the app showed my test at Raffles Hotel, Singapore! 

Just now, energyuk said:

Just had my Eurofins PCR test at Courtyard Hotel Luton, ready for the shakedown cruise, well signposted and organised. Would recommend this site for anyone in the area. 

Friendly staff, and register your car at reception for free car parking as well.

Only critique of Eurofins was that the app showed my test at Raffles Hotel, Singapore! 

Mine shows the same test location but I'm having done in Doncaster!

1 hour ago, crosby99 said:

We are due to sail on the 15th. Not heard about PCR tests yet, despite being 13 days until depart. Has anyone heard anything?

Go onto the rcl website onto their health sailing page, might be some info there for uk sailing. Havent looked fully myself but worth a look

2 hours ago, crosby99 said:

We are due to sail on the 15th. Not heard about PCR tests yet, despite being 13 days until depart. Has anyone heard anything?

Our invitations for the test arrived at 7.30pm 13 days before the 7th July cruise.

Guest BigRoger
7 hours ago, strickers said:

Mine shows the same test location but I'm having done in Doncaster!

Hi we are due to sail mid August…. And based in East Yorkshire. Can you share Where abouts in Doncaster the Eurofins testing facility is please?

Edited by BigRoger

1 minute ago, BigRoger said:

Hi we are due to sail mid August…. And based in East Yorkshire. Can you share Where abouts in Doncaster the Eurofins testing facility is please?

The one we are going to is in Tickhill, there were a few North of Doncaster too.

27 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Eurofins Doncaster has Small World travel and Yorkshire Travel. 

Edited by little britain

Guest BigRoger

Cool thanks to you both - we’ve also spotted a ‘24 hour drop box’ supposedly in Driffield in the East Riding too!

Just now, BigRoger said:

Cool thanks to you both - we’ve also spotted a ‘24 hour drop box’ supposedly in Driffield in the East Riding too!

Not sure how the drop boxes work because the test needs to be taken by a trained person?

Guest BigRoger
6 minutes ago, strickers said:

Not sure how the drop boxes work because the test needs to be taken by a trained person?

Ok good to know…. We are piecing it together…. We haven’t had our email with details yet

We are booked in at 10.30 on Monday near Basingstoke. Do you need to download a different app or do the results come via email? We have our NHS app with everything showing.

7/7 cannot wait, only 4 days but first holiday in nearly two years!

26 minutes ago, SullytheBFG said:

We are booked in at 10.30 on Monday near Basingstoke. Do you need to download a different app or do the results come via email? We have our NHS app with everything showing.

7/7 cannot wait, only 4 days but first holiday in nearly two years!

I downloaded the TrustOne app, it’s a bit naff. It does show our appointment but in Singapore for some reason? It also mentions Royal Caribbean so I’m fairly certain the info will be linked back. Just make sure you take the QR code to the appointment. See you next week hopefully. 

Edited by strickers

4 hours ago, strickers said:

Our invitations for the test arrived at 7.30pm 13 days before the 7th July cruise.

3 hours ago, crosby99 said:

In 2 hours then(hopefully) 😀

Well, still nothing. Hopefully will be soon.

Incidentally, the cruise is back on sale this evening. Presumably managed to get below the 1000 or they are going with the MSC plan of increasing capacity.

Finally, noticed Solarium Bistro no longer seems bookable for evening dinner. Pity, as enjoyed that last time was on Anthem