Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

PCR test completed yesterday afternoon and got results today, all good now roll on Wednesday. Travel down tomorrow and overnight in Southampton. Just need to print luggage tags but not sure we can do that until we answer the health questions tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighlandBoy said:

PCR test completed yesterday afternoon and got results today, all good now roll on Wednesday. Travel down tomorrow and overnight in Southampton. Just need to print luggage tags but not sure we can do that until we answer the health questions tomorrow. 

Still waiting for my results from the 5th July! Good job the backup system worked well, enjoy the cruise we had an amazing time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HighlandBoy said:

did you go with Eurofins or arrange your own can I ask? Still trying to decide which way to go for our 1st August cruise 

4 hours ago, HighlandBoy said:

Did my PCR test yesterday afternoon too and negative result back today.  We cant print our luggage tags yet either, hopefully you are right and we can print them after weve answered the health questions tomorrow.  Have a safe journey down

10 minutes ago, nicben said:

On luggage tags we’re on jewel later this month we received the set sail booklet this morning including luggage tags check your documents 

Just checked our set sail passes again and luggage tags are still pending.  Im driving to Southampton Thursday morning so have just over a day to hopefully get them before I set off.

If you booked through a travel agent get them to ring royal we did and it was in the documents within the hour, you cannot download from the app you’ll have go into your bookings , if that helps 

15 hours ago, miaandmum said:

Just checked our set sail passes again and luggage tags are still pending.  Im driving to Southampton Thursday morning so have just over a day to hopefully get them before I set off.

Received email to say our e-docs and luggage tags were ready this morning for our July 25th cruise... So for us just the Eurofins hurdle to overcome next Thursday.

Wonder if you have a guarantee cabin allocation problem (Maybe a big upgrade)?

Otherwise nothing to worry about. The 15 page E-doc contained mostly generic info other than the cruise terminal being 101 and they will have plenty of blank luggage tags at the pier.

Have a good time.

22 hours ago, smedley_odwin said:

did you go with Eurofins or arrange your own can I ask? Still trying to decide which way to go for our 1st August cruise 

Sorry just seen your message been travelling all day. We went with Eurofins at a drop in centre they had in Aberdeen. No problems with them at all. 

Edited by HighlandBoy
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, miaandmum said:

Did my PCR test yesterday afternoon too and negative result back today.  We cant print our luggage tags yet either, hopefully you are right and we can print them after weve answered the health questions tomorrow.  Have a safe journey down

The cruise docs and luggage tags were available this morning before we had to answer the medical questions. 

6 hours ago, Stevio said:

Received email to say our e-docs and luggage tags were ready this morning for our July 25th cruise... So for us just the Eurofins hurdle to overcome next Thursday.

Wonder if you have a guarantee cabin allocation problem (Maybe a big upgrade)?

Otherwise nothing to worry about. The 15 page E-doc contained mostly generic info other than the cruise terminal being 101 and they will have plenty of blank luggage tags at the pier.

Have a good time.

sadly no upgrade lol but have received all docs and luggage tags.   No problem with eurofins, in and out in less than 10 minutes and result within 24 hours.  Hopefully yours will be as easy.  Have a great cruise  on the 25th.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, HighlandBoy said:

The cruise docs and luggage tags were available this morning before we had to answer the medical questions. 

Its not letting us answer our health questions.  Did you do yours via the app?

10 minutes ago, miaandmum said:

Its not letting us answer our health questions.  Did you do yours via the app?

Yes answered in the app, but had to wait for the email from Royal telling us to answer them which I got at 15:15 this afternoon. 

Just got the invite for the Eurofins test for our August 1st cruise, but the sites for the test are over 70 miles away, so no good, so need to arrange our own, obviously we pay for it and then RC reimburse onto our shipboard accounts, but do we have to inform RC now, or do we just inform them when we board the ship?  Any ideas?

18 minutes ago, james_19742000 said:

Just got the invite for the Eurofins test for our August 1st cruise, but the sites for the test are over 70 miles away, so no good, so need to arrange our own, obviously we pay for it and then RC reimburse onto our shipboard accounts, but do we have to inform RC now, or do we just inform them when we board the ship?  Any ideas?

Based on the info in the email (we got ours today too) I'd say you just need to take your printed confirmation of a negative test within 72hrs with you to the port

44 minutes ago, smedley_odwin said:

Based on the info in the email (we got ours today too) I'd say you just need to take your printed confirmation of a negative test within 72hrs with you to the port

Yes I think you might be right, just need to work out in this minefield who, where and what is the best option, Ive found a company called GDPQ which is on the government approved list, they do it at Exeter Airport which fairly local to us, and they do the pre-flight PCR test which is I presume the one we need at £99 per person?

Does that sound about right?

• Like 1

So worried now, got the email this afternoon to say ready to submit health questionnaire but each time we try to access the questionnaire, it keeps saying we will receive a notification the day before our cruise and takes us off the page.  Im so worried they wont let us on as we are still not cleared to board. 

33 minutes ago, james_19742000 said:

Yes I think you might be right, just need to work out in this minefield who, where and what is the best option, Ive found a company called GDPQ which is on the government approved list, they do it at Exeter Airport which fairly local to us, and they do the pre-flight PCR test which is I presume the one we need at £99 per person?

Does that sound about right?

Yes pre flight PCR is exactly what you need. Just have to make sure they can return the results to you in good time. 

9 minutes ago, smedley_odwin said:

Yes pre flight PCR is exactly what you need. Just have to make sure they can return the results to you in good time. 

Cheers, thats what I was thinking, thankfully the only time I'm available from work to get it done, they have appointments!! Better get it booked!

Does anyone know if we need our passports for a UK only cruise. 

My husband passport expires in January and because we now need at least six months validity for Europe trips I've been nagging him for ages to get it renewed. 

If he does it now we may not get it back in time for a sailcation I have my eye on for August.

Secondary does anyone have any info if RC are planning to up the capacity on cruises from UK  after 19th July

8 hours ago, miaandmum said:

So worried now, got the email this afternoon to say ready to submit health questionnaire but each time we try to access the questionnaire, it keeps saying we will receive a notification the day before our cruise and takes us off the page.  Im so worried they wont let us on as we are still not cleared to board. 

If you can’t answer them in the app then they will just ask them at the port. It’s just trying to speed things up having answered them before arrival. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Does anyone know if we need our passports for a UK only cruise. 

My husband passport expires in January and because we now need at least six months validity for Europe trips I've been nagging him for ages to get it renewed. 

If he does it now we may not get it back in time for a sailcation I have my eye on for August.

Secondary does anyone have any info if RC are planning to up the capacity on cruises from UK  after 19th July

Have a look here:

https://www.passportwaitingtime.co.uk

UK renewals are fairly quick at the moment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, strickers said:

Have a look here:

https://www.passportwaitingtime.co.uk

UK renewals are fairly quick at the moment.

Thanks , good reassurance, 12.5 days for renewal is a lot faster than I anticipated.  Even if we don't get it back its got to be done anyway. Some of the northern Europe or Canaries cruises look good for September and will definitely need a passport for those 

Edited by sgmn

Has anyone had an update on the Scottish ports of call on upcoming cruises ? Google gives conflicting views on whether all the restrictions have been lifted.

We’re on the August 15th sailing and can’t wait 😀