Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

I would also be interested to know if they have increased their permitted load (think it was 1000 before 19th July) or were they selling full anyway after 19th in anticipation of everything opening up?

Does anyone know of they are going by UK government rules for next couple of months or are their covid regulations stricter ?

The 19th July sailing was due to have only 890 guests onboard, so we were informed when we disembarked 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kw1816 said:

I think the July 19th update allows domestic cruises to sail at 50% capacity, previously it was limited to 1000 pax.

A quick search doesn’t reveal anything official, but I did find this:

https://www.worldofcruising.co.uk/cruise-news/cruise-ship-passenger-capacity-limit-department-for-transport-cruises-covid-vaccine-news

Up to July 19 the department of transport website gave limits on domestic cruises of 50% or 1000 whichever the lower... Under step 4 after 19th it was stated that all social distancing rules and capacity limits aboard ship were to be removed.

The Gov' site now no longer references these numbers but also does not give any limits either.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-cruise-ship-travel

However I think Royals protocols will remain as they are for the time being as they are currently working without problems.

Edited by Stevio
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Stevio said:

Up to July 19 the department of transport website gave limits on domestic cruises of 50% or 1000 whichever the lower... Under step 4 after 19th it was stated that all social distancing rules and capacity limits aboard ship were to be removed.

The Gov' site now no longer references these numbers but also does not give any limits either.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-cruise-ship-travel

However I think Royals protocols will remain as they are for the time being as they are currently working without problems.

The big question is whether we will be allowed to enter the UK without a 10 day quarantine for our October cruises. 

Guest BigRoger
12 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

The big question is whether we will be allowed to enter the UK without a 10 day quarantine for our October cruises. 

We feel your pain…. Same applies to Mr Biden letting us in after TA in November and for Caribbean at end of year! Just hoping these case levels drop and transatlantic holidaying can restart….

9 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Very good question... Currently the UK Gov'  advises against international sea-going cruises and even if they were to relent on that rule, if the cruise was call at France under current ever changing regulations a UK citizen would have to quarantine on return.

Has anyone on any of these Anthem cruises had any problems with the precruise PCR test, we are too far away from a local Eurofins test centre so we have had to book a local independent one, we've booked it right at the start of our 72 hours to boarding, if, however, the test results are not received by the time we are due to board what happens??

Any ideas??

Im sure there won't be an issue, but, Im a worrier so just trying to cover all the bases?

11 hours ago, james_19742000 said:

Has anyone on any of these Anthem cruises had any problems with the precruise PCR test, we are too far away from a local Eurofins test centre so we have had to book a local independent one, we've booked it right at the start of our 72 hours to boarding, if, however, the test results are not received by the time we are due to board what happens??

Any ideas??

Im sure there won't be an issue, but, Im a worrier so just trying to cover all the bases?

They do have a Eurofin team at the ship so wouldn’t worry as they can do it before you board.

It will take around 15 minutes to get the results, we know this as we had to have the test between our B2B Cruises of the 11th and 15th July.

29 minutes ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

They do have a Eurofin team at the ship so wouldn’t worry as they can do it before you board.

It will take around 15 minutes to get the results, we know this as we had to have the test between our B2B Cruises of the 11th and 15th July.

Thank you, I was just worried that if our results didn't come through from the independent tester then we might of been snookered, seems RC have that covered as well just in case 🙂

1 hour ago, Aarrmuch said:

The Anthem is in Greenock Scotland today does anyone know if the passengers have been allowed off and if so on thier own.

I'd be interested to hearing if they're any change as well - RC's website for the Southampton sailings  says:

Shore Excursions
All travel parties that wish to go ashore must purchase a local tour through Royal Caribbean. We have worked with local tour operators to ensure they follow health and safety guidance that aligns with our Healthy Sail Panel recommendations. Shore Excursions are available at a variety of price points and may be purchased in advance on Cruise Planner or once onboard using the Royal Caribbean App. This policy is subject to change as we continue to evaluate circumstances around the globe. All guests are subject to local restrictions and requirements in the ports we visit, such as local mask ordinances.

We're on the 15th sailing - hoping to do our own thing in Liverpool 🙂

I'm intrigued as to how the walking tour will be contained as  a 'Bubble'

How in windjammer working? I know waiters put food on your plates and make your tea/coffee etc but can you just walk in and find your own seat or do you have to queue up at the entrance and be shown to a table?

On 7/22/2021 at 1:28 PM, kw1816 said:

We're on the 15th sailing - hoping to do our own thing in Liverpool 🙂

Spoke to my TA on the same subject and they said it will probably be quite a while until they will allow guests to do their own thing on the UK seacations , maybe September or October  but things change on a daily basis .

The last thing they want is cases being brought on the ship.

As for Europe the TA thought probably next year at the earlyest ☹️