Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

4 hours ago, rjmols said:

Excellent.  Were all the speciality restaurants open and things like ifly and bumper cars ?  Did you also get reserved seating at the shows via the Genie?   Thank you 

Yes all the speciality restaurants were open and we got reserved seating at all the shows with the Genie meeting us 15 - 20 min before the start to take us to the seats and have a quick chat to see if there was anything else we needed. Not sure about the bumper cars but I think the iFly was working.

A question for fellow Brits. My daughter's passport has expired. We called last week and the person on the line confirmed that as the sailing is UK only, she was ok to use her picture driving licence.

Checking in, it isn't an option. Tried to call them again yesterday, was in hold for an hour and they then just cut off. 

Has anyone been in this situation? Just need to make sure they didn't give her wrong information and we are turned down when we get there because she doesn't have a passport!

30 minutes ago, ententecordiale said:

A question for fellow Brits. My daughter's passport has expired. We called last week and the person on the line confirmed that as the sailing is UK only, she was ok to use her picture driving licence.

Checking in, it isn't an option. Tried to call them again yesterday, was in hold for an hour and they then just cut off. 

Has anyone been in this situation? Just need to make sure they didn't give her wrong information and we are turned down when we get there because she doesn't have a passport!

As per their website 

Travel Documents Checklist

Guests sailing from Southampton will need to have the following documents when they arrive to board the ship.

Passport/ Driving License: Guests of every age are required to have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after their sailing’s return date.  Residents of the UK may provide a valid UK photo Driving License.

9 hours ago, HighlandBoy said:

Yes all the speciality restaurants were open and we got reserved seating at all the shows with the Genie meeting us 15 - 20 min before the start to take us to the seats and have a quick chat to see if there was anything else we needed. Not sure about the bumper cars but I think the iFly was working.

That's great thank you for your help 🙂 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ententecordiale said:

I checked in yesterday for the 5th September and got the time of 12:30 check in.

I haven't seen any excursions available yet and can't seem to be able to book any of the activities.

we'Re also on that cruise and checked in.  The excursions for Norway (2 iteneraries back) are still showing up online LOL

I figure they just had to switch everyhting over a few days ago.  RCI's priority is probably securing ports, figuring out the required testing protocols with non Brits being allowed on as of September, etc and they'll get to working out excursions in a few weeks.

From what I have read most onboard activites can be booked via app once on ship's wifi at the pier.

Hi, we are on the October 2nd Cruise,  can anyone tell me about the PCR testing?  Asking as we were due to be away in Devon the week before but now will have to get this done.  We are in Cardiff so hoping there will be an option to get it done somewhere between here and Devon, also, it says within 72hrs of sailing so would we be OK to get it done within 48hrs of sailing?

5 minutes ago, welshrich said:

Hi, we are on the October 2nd Cruise,  can anyone tell me about the PCR testing?  Asking as we were due to be away in Devon the week before but now will have to get this done.  We are in Cardiff so hoping there will be an option to get it done somewhere between here and Devon, also, it says within 72hrs of sailing so would we be OK to get it done within 48hrs of sailing?

You will get sent a link to use eurofins. They have testing centres all over ao book closest one. They should have one in gods own county of devon

40 minutes ago, welshrich said:

From what I can see they have nothing at all in Devon and Cornwall, 2 in Bristol, none in Cardiff.

We've decided we will book our own at Boots, I believe RCL give OBC of £100 to cover this. I think you can get it any time within 72 hours but don't forget to allow time for the results.

54 minutes ago, kernow said:

From what I can see they have nothing at all in Devon and Cornwall, 2 in Bristol, none in Cardiff.

We've decided we will book our own at Boots, I believe RCL give OBC of £100 to cover this. I think you can get it any time within 72 hours but don't forget to allow time for the results.

I always worry that you wont get the results in time. If eurofins delay the results they have staff at the teminal to do somthing. Or so i am lead to believe

54 minutes ago, kernow said:

I believe they have a Eurofins set up at Asda in Swansea. At the back near the car wash.

@little britainmay confirm this

Thankyou everyone for the replies.   I did not realise I needed one when I booked as I have been vaccinated I thought they might accept a lateral test.   I will look out for their email, at least we can get one done on our way back home to Wales on the Thursday to get the result by the Saturday. (and then keep everything crossed).   Oh for the old days of just asking about shorts in the MDR!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, little britain said:

As per their website 

Travel Documents Checklist

Guests sailing from Southampton will need to have the following documents when they arrive to board the ship.

Passport/ Driving License: Guests of every age are required to have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after their sailing’s return date.  Residents of the UK may provide a valid UK photo Driving License.

Thank you, it confirms what they said, but can't check in line as they ask for passport details!

45 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Taunton is the only sampling site in devon. There are drop boxes in plymouth. You can order the test take it with you and drop it off at post box drop point. Eurofins website lets you know details of locations

Taunton is in Somerset (but not far from Devon 😄), still about an hour and 3/4 drive from me though. Do you have a link to where the drop boxes are please?

4 minutes ago, kernow said:

Taunton is in Somerset (but not far from Devon 😄), still about an hour and 3/4 drive from me though. Do you have a link to where the drop boxes are please?

Very true, and i am orginally from plymouth lol. Been a long day 

https://www.eurofins.co.uk/pcr-testing-kits/eurofins-sample-return-points/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Very true, and i am orginally from plymouth lol. Been a long day 

https://www.eurofins.co.uk/pcr-testing-kits/eurofins-sample-return-points/

Thanks, looks like there is a drop box in Asda Falmouth which would not be too bad for us. Can we definitely use these home tests for the cruise? If anyone has done it how long did the results take to come?

18 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Got email today for booking of the PCR tests for our cruise on the 29th. Managed to get us booked in at stamford, 1hr away. 5 people one after the other. Now to live like hermits lol

That's great they arrange it all. We're on the next one so guessing our request will follow soon. Have a great sailing. 

Hello,

I am interested in booking 12th - 26th September, but only if independent shore leave is permitted. Celebrity has allowed it since 7th August so why not Royal?

Today I emailed Inverclyde Council - responsible for Port Health at Greenock Ocean terminal to ask then what protocols they had for cruise ship passengers leaving the ship. They said:

"I refer to your recent query and can advise that independent shore leave is allowed at the port of Greenock."

So come on Royal - get your finger out!

Anyone know what Anthem is doing from 26th September as it's not in the schedules?

Regards,

Cublet