Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

3 hours ago, EmilyJay said:

Just got off Anthem. Shows you cannot book to see more than once, same with the complimentary North Star and iFly. However, bumper cars you can book multiple times. 

We saw WWRY and tried to book to see it again after loving it so much but couldn't even though there were seats available. No stand by lines for the shows either. 

Depending on when you sail these limits might be lifted. 

Thanks so much for reporting back.  Makes sense about the shows.  Pre-covid, I would have tried standby second time around but I understand them not having this now with covid...just to make sure everyone gets to see it once with reduced seating.  Good about bumper cars as my kids will definitely want to go on that multiple times.

Currently on board and stopped at belfast. 

So far its ok, good to be back cruising. Lots has changed so a quick good and bad for the stuff we have noticed and thats different. 

Good.

Only 1300 people on board. 

Windjammer when open, staff see you to your table no need to book. Staff place food what ever and how much you want on a plate. Its so much better and less fighting for tables and rude people barging past. 

Shows. Plenty of space on shows and lots of shows on. 

Staff as usual are fantastic and so good to see them again.

Masks. Only inside when not sitting deinking or eating. Really no issues at all with masks. Makes no difference to cruise or feel of the cruise.

Bad.

With limited guests the windjammer closed in evenings..just too much food wastages. Which i understand. However the main dining room food is limited, lots of fish on, and i dont like fish. With the windjammer closed they should expand the MDR menus. 

Kids club. Only get x number of sessions and my daughter when and said no fun. Not allowed to play, or run around etc. Said was boring.

Free ifly and northstar. Only free on the two port days. Have to be booked. Was fully booked within 1 hr of people getting on board. So if your boarding slot is early your ok. Its wrong to offer limited free slots and have no chance of all booking a slot.

No roller skating but the do have dogems. Just have to book.

Pools. The ship is not busy so pools not too bad however limited to 11 in the pool and you have to queue up. They are good at rotating the people but still ever one has been tested, most vaccinated and those not vaccinated teated twice. So for outdoor venues should have less restrictions. 

Over all for back to cruising its ok. But nowhere near where it was before the pandemic. Hopefully things will progress onwards. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Free ifly and northstar. Only free on the two port days. Have to be booked. Was fully booked within 1 hr of people getting on board. So if your boarding slot is early your ok. Its wrong to offer limited free slots and have no chance of all booking a slot.

They add more slots for the iFly & North Star one batch go out in the morning and another in the afternoon. Keep checking! 

1 minute ago, ukmusic said:

oh my! that's pretty expensive for a family of 4!

Definitely need to get on the app early and get the free spaces!

thanks for letting us all know!

Yeah went before we got on board and i would not pay to do it. Went on the ifly in march 19 and it was free all the time...for what it is deffo not worth it. 

Also cant use app to book till onboard and if you have children and waiting for a covid test result you will struggle to get a free slot. 

On a side note unvacc covid test at the port should take 30mims, any longer then chase it as our daughters was messed up. Took an hour and 20 mins to sort out. Long story.

25 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Northstar 30 USD per person, ifly 49 USD per person. The ifly is extended.....2mins instead of the 1 min free...........

1 min only for iFly?  Even paying extra for a whole 2 min doesn't seem very much

Hello...we are (hopefully) sailing on Anthem this sunday 5 September.  Can those of you in the UK who have done Anthem saillings confirm for me that the PCR  test no more than 3 days prior to sailing, embarkation day does not count as a day?  Meaning, people sailing Sunday can test tomorrow (Thursday)?

If you care to know more, read on, but probably better to skip along than be bored....nonethelss if you can answer the question I would be grateful.  Thanks CC.

For the curios: I ask because we are coming form overseas (Germany) and still have not gotten a link to register for the rapid PCR at the port that the Health Sail Center says we should have (long story, I have been on the phone and emails, etc for 2 weeks now trying to sort it out, everyone is really nice but no one can actually get us the link or give as an alternate solution).  We were told Thursday last week Eurofins providing the at cruise terminal PCR and would have an email out to us soon, probably last week Friday. Still nothing, so today I called Eurofins helpline for RCI and Celebriy bookings and asked directly and was told that Eurofins does not offer any at the cruise terminal testing nor any same day PCR tets ever, anywhere and certianly not for RCI.  For RCI and Celebrity they ONLY do the 2-3 days prior PCR tests for UK residents.  Sigh.

So, lacking some miraculous bit of helpful information from RCI today, my husband and I are thinking we will get PCR tests done here at home tomorrow if that is within the time frame the Brits can get their PCR tets in (results promised by Friday night, and this being Germany I trust they'll come through) and take those results with us as a back up which will hopefully allow us to board even if RCI never figures out their end of what they said they provide overseas guests.  I figure if we have the same test type in the same window UK guests have to get them AND tried to do whatever RCI wanted (email chain, call logs, screen shots, etc to prove that), RCI would be hard pressed to deny us boarding.  At least that is my hope.  I really, really want to enjoy this cruise PLUS even if they refund cruise fare, we have costs associated with airfare and day 2 tests and airport tranfers and a hotel the night before and and and not to mention a waste of vacation days if we don't get to do anything with them becuase RCI drops the ball.

We are sailing Sunday, boarding at 12:30, getting our PCR tomorrow at 12noon. I read and re-read that it's 3 days before, not 72h. 

For info for those on this coming Sunday cruise. It's Southampton' marathon on that date. A lot of people and road closures, so make sure to give plenty of time to arrive to the port. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xxHadleyxx said:

Hello...we are (hopefully) sailing on Anthem this sunday 5 September.  Can those of you in the UK who have done Anthem saillings confirm for me that the PCR  test no more than 3 days prior to sailing, embarkation day does not count as a day?  Meaning, people sailing Sunday can test tomorrow (Thursday)?

If you care to know more, read on, but probably better to skip along than be bored....nonethelss if you can answer the question I would be grateful.  Thanks CC.

For the curios: I ask because we are coming form overseas (Germany) and still have not gotten a link to register for the rapid PCR at the port that the Health Sail Center says we should have (long story, I have been on the phone and emails, etc for 2 weeks now trying to sort it out, everyone is really nice but no one can actually get us the link or give as an alternate solution).  We were told Thursday last week Eurofins providing the at cruise terminal PCR and would have an email out to us soon, probably last week Friday. Still nothing, so today I called Eurofins helpline for RCI and Celebriy bookings and asked directly and was told that Eurofins does not offer any at the cruise terminal testing nor any same day PCR tets ever, anywhere and certianly not for RCI.  For RCI and Celebrity they ONLY do the 2-3 days prior PCR tests for UK residents.  Sigh.

So, lacking some miraculous bit of helpful information from RCI today, my husband and I are thinking we will get PCR tests done here at home tomorrow if that is within the time frame the Brits can get their PCR tets in (results promised by Friday night, and this being Germany I trust they'll come through) and take those results with us as a back up which will hopefully allow us to board even if RCI never figures out their end of what they said they provide overseas guests.  I figure if we have the same test type in the same window UK guests have to get them AND tried to do whatever RCI wanted (email chain, call logs, screen shots, etc to prove that), RCI would be hard pressed to deny us boarding.  At least that is my hope.  I really, really want to enjoy this cruise PLUS even if they refund cruise fare, we have costs associated with airfare and day 2 tests and airport tranfers and a hotel the night before and and and not to mention a waste of vacation days if we don't get to do anything with them becuase RCI drops the ball.

Just updating in case anyone from overseas sees this ...I just got an email that we will not need to register with Eurofins and will have an antigen test at port just like the kids do.   Phew.  My stress level just dropped considerably.   

Being the first sailing with overseas guests it took Royal a bit to work the bugs out, but they pulled through.  Phew.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

Hadley, we are also joining this Sunday and have our PCR tests booked tomorrow (Thursday) so you should be OK if you get yours then as well. I take it that these will be the same ones you need to fly into the UK so even better for you if RCI reimburse you the cost.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if you need proof of travel insurance on check in?  I notice Princess is asking for this so wanted to make sure if I need it or not with Royal.

I have an annual policy but am unsure if it will cover a cruise.

14 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Does anyone know if you need proof of travel insurance on check in?  I notice Princess is asking for this so wanted to make sure if I need it or not with Royal.

We were not asked if we had insurance 

15 minutes ago, gavvy said:

It isn’t mentioned on the travel requirements etc. Our annual policy covers for cruises. 

34 minutes ago, *Fudge* said:

It isn’t mentioned on the travel requirements etc. Our annual policy covers for cruises. 

That's good, thanks.

I cant get hold of mine to double check if I am covered, gave up after 90 min on hold.

But if I dnt need proof on check in I am good I thibk

It's Lloyds bank insurance with my current account

How accurate is the ship plan on Royal Caribbean's site?  I have been allocated a room on the 13th floor and according to the map it looks to have a slightly bigger balcony than a standard balcony room, it is showing as a standard room though.

Also is the 13th deck bad?  It seems very high up and looks like the room is under a hot tub!