SJU Covid Requirements

Cruisin MarcnFran

This makes it sound like prior testing is required before you get to the island, which makes me scratch my head as to why there would even be a market for testing at the airport for arriving passengers...

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/info/travel-guidelines

• While prior testing is required to enter the Island, the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU) offers PCR molecular COVID-19 tests on-site in order to facilitate testing for incoming and outgoing passengers. The service, which costs $110 USD, is offered from 6:00 AM. to 12:00 AM., seven days a week, at three molecular test collection centers located at terminals A, B, and C. More information is available here. 

• 2 weeks later...

The last I heard (and this may have recently changed) anyone from the USA can enter Puerto Rico as long as they have had a negative PCR test within the prior 3 days.   If you somehow arrive in PR without having proof of the negative test you could get it done at the airport and be Quarantined  (at your own expense) until you get negative results or are quarantined 14 days (without a negative test).

One interesting thing is that it does still seem that PR is requiring the more expensive (with slower results) PCR test instead of the faster (and cheaper) Antigen test that is required to enter the mainland..

Hank