can we cruise in French Polynesia in November, 2021

Caroldoll

The Paul Gauguin is in dry dock in Singapore, and is scheduled to resume service from Papeete in June, and is selling cruises for June 6th and beyond. At the moment French Polynesia is completely closed to tourism due to Covid, but there is hope that they will open back up in April. Nothing is set in stone, everything is fluid, and everything is just a guess at this point. A year ago I thought my Sept 2021 cruise would certainly sail, I'm not anywhere near as certain at this point. 

• Like 1

Oh please, keep me in the loop.  I only want to go in November or so, and I have no way of knowing.  I had some really expensive cruises paid for when the shutdown came and had a time getting refunds, but would love to book at the last minute if it opens.  I am hoping for your September cruise with all of my heart!

• 3 weeks later...

My fingers are still crossed for the June 16 cruise after postponing from Oct 2020.   I feel the other ships starting up in June is a positive sign.  I have NO issue with cruises requiring that everyone be fully vaccinated.  I have a feeling we'll see that it's necessary to enter Tahiti as well as get on the ship.