August 2021 Equinox cruise, glass half empty or full?

cangelmd

Just heard from our TA this morning that our August 2021 Equinox sailing has been changed from 6 day to 7 day, and did we want to accept change or cancel.

It is well known among my family and friends that I am not just a negative Nellie, glass half empty person, I am the ultimate Debbie Downer. But even I think it is positive the Celeb is making changes in existing schedules to fit what will work when they restart out if the US, Am I hallucinating? Why else would they bother making such a minor change.

By the way, they offered $100 OBC and 7th day is “free”.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Just heard from our TA this morning that our August 2021 Equinox sailing has been changed from 6 day to 7 day, and did we want to accept change or cancel.

It is well known among my family and friends that I am not just a negative Nellie, glass half empty person, I am the ultimate Debbie Downer. But even I think it is positive the Celeb is making changes in existing schedules to fit what will work when they restart out if the US, Am I hallucinating? Why else would they bother making such a minor change.

Wish my dilemma was as easy as yours. We have an early August "21 cruise booked on Infinity, 11 nights Venice to Barcelona. Logistically, quite a bit more going on. If I was in your position - Equinox to Caribbean -  I would accept the change and look forward to cruising. If I received the same or similar offer for my sailing, I would cancel for full refund. We don't want to travel that far to experience uncertainty as to itinerary and various port restrictions. 

Oh we accepted the change, we have held on to all our reservations and let Celeb cancel us. We have not made any new reservations and this one was our only Lift and Shift.

This is the first time I’ve had any feeling that we would might actually, possibly cruise since last year

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Originally the Equinox was sailing alternating 6 and 8 night itineraries, however the CDC regulations limit the maximum number of days to 7 until November.  So Celebrity reduced the 8 day cruise to 7 days with a prorated refund and lengthen the 6 day cruise to 7.  Celebrity made the changes because they had to.

25 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Originally the Equinox was sailing alternating 6 and 8 night itineraries, however the CDC regulations limit the maximum number of days to 7 until November.  So Celebrity reduced the 8 day cruise to 7 days with a prorated refund and lengthen the 6 day cruise to 7.  Celebrity made the changes because they had to.

I kind of knew that, I’m just hoping since they went to the trouble of lengthening our itinerary and offering a small incentive to change, that they had some insight that they might actually sail.

Please don’t burst my bubble yet 😉

13 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

I kind of knew that, I’m just hoping since they went to the trouble of lengthening our itinerary and offering a small incentive to change, that they had some insight that they might actually sail.

I agree. Keep your glass full and your rose colored glasses on. 🍷😍

14 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Ok, Celebrity is 100% sure the Equinox will sail in August 😉.    The fact of the matter is they really don't know.  They certainly hope to be sailing to some degree in August, but to the best of my knowledge, they haven't heard back from the CDC.  Celebrity believes that they will hear something from the CDC this week, so they should have a better idea after a response from the CDC.

We have a 9 night Silhouette (UK-Norway-UK) cruise booked on Aug 26.  No update from Celebrity yet but final payment will be in May.  A lot of this is dependent on the vaccination progress for the population in the UK and Norway.  And my dw and I still need to be vaccinated too.

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Although, Equinox does currently show a 9 and 12 night voyage from Ft. Lauderdale in August '21.

48 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

We have a 9 night Silhouette (UK-Norway-UK) cruise booked on Aug 26.  No update from Celebrity yet but final payment will be in May.  A lot of this is dependent on the vaccination progress for the population in the UK and Norway.  And my dw and I still need to be vaccinated too.

Princess just canceled all of their cruises out of Southampton until September 21. They have substituted shorter round trip cruises out of Southampton for UK residents only. It’s still not looking good for European cruises this summer. We have a Celebrity cruise booked out of Amsterdam on September 4. We are not holding out much hope. 

4 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Just heard from our TA this morning that our August 2021 Equinox sailing has been changed from 6 day to 7 day, and did we want to accept change or cancel.......

Was the offer to cancel a 100% refund, a 125% FCC, or were there other "sweeteners" added to the cancel option?

We'll be faced with a similar option I believe as we're on a 6 day with 8 day itineraries on either side of ours

1 hour ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Although, Equinox does currently show a 9 and 12 night voyage from Ft. Lauderdale in August '21.

Celebrity is doing rolling changes to the itineraries longer than 7 days.  Perhaps we will see changes to August in a month or two.

6 hours ago, cangelmd said:

I would have cancelled and taken my money back. 

7 hours ago, garyl62 said:

Was the offer to cancel a 100% refund, a 125% FCC, or were there other "sweeteners" added to the cancel option?

We'll be faced with a similar option I believe as we're on a 6 day with 8 day itineraries on either side of ours

Sorry, I can’t link, my husband forwarded the email to me - but it was a 100% refund or a125% FCC. If I’m not mistaken, and I may well be, this is our only L&S cruise moved from late July 2020

5 hours ago, drew69 said:

I would have cancelled and taken my money back. 

On our other cruises, we have waited for Celeb to cancel and taken the 100% refund to get back our non- refundable deposit. This time, I think there is at least a small chance they may sail, so we took the reschedule.

We have one other cruise booked now - actually earlier than this one, June 2021. This is for our 40th anniversary, actually leaving on our anniversary. I don’t think there’s a prayer of a chance it sailing, and I wish they would go ahead and cancel, so we could finish the mourning/complaining process and figure out what to do instead...

Anybody got any ideas about how they would replace a special anniversary cruise?

18 hours ago, cangelmd said:

I don't think your bubble needs to burst! I was on a 8 night in July and they switched it to 7. I think it's a good sign, because they certainly could have canceled it. With the rate of vaccination increasing and Biden indicating there will be enough doses for all Americans by May, I am more hopeful. But I still do have a back up land vacation booked just in case 🙂 

Also- Celebrity canceled all Europe summer sailings but scheduled the Edge to do east and west Caribbean starting in July. I am not sure they would have gone through the effort of doing that if they didn't think they could sail by that point. 

Edited by AbbyCruiser45