FCC question

I had a cruise booked for myself and my sister last year.  I paid the deposit for both of us.  I cancelled the cruise prior to final payment.  At the time, COVID was just getting going and I wasn't sure what was going to happen so opted out of paying final payment and gladly accepted a FCC for the deposit.

What I didn't realize is that I have a $250 FCC and my sister has a $250 FCC.  Does anyone know if there is any way for me to get a $500 FCC instead since it was my money in the first place?  I would prefer to travel alone next time.  In general, when I cruise with my sister, I pay for her cruise as she can't afford it.

TIA

12 minutes ago, PokrChick said:

Wow, so simple but that never even occurred to me.  Thank you so much!!

The FCC's have new expiry dates.  Apply by April 30, 2022 and sail by Sept 30, 2022.

As suggested book the cabin with booth you and your sister and have her be a no show and you will receive a refund after the cruise for her share of the  the port fees and taxes.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The FCC's have new expiry dates.  Apply by April 30, 2022 and sail by Sept 30, 2022.

As suggested book the cabin with booth you and your sister and have her be a no show and you will receive a refund after the cruise for her share of the  the port fees and taxes.

Perfect - thanks!

• Like 1

Booked for June, 2022 and can't wait to begin obsessing!  Thanks for your help on this and also for all past assistance.  When I cancelled, I remember someone commenting that I would be able to use my $400 OBC from credit card points on the new booking.  All I had to do was ask and they're applying the points to the new booking.  I would never have even asked without someone on this board previously mentioning it.  So grateful 💗

• Like 2

Ken, question and I am sure you have answered before somewhere but let me ask again.

On a cruise canceled by Royal , if you ask for a refund do they reissue FCC if some of the fare was paid with a FCC ?  While I am asking if you had a OBC that came from a FOBC are those re issued ?

As Always Thanks

4 hours ago, TheMiz said:

Ken, question and I am sure you have answered before somewhere but let me ask again.

On a cruise canceled by Royal , if you ask for a refund do they reissue FCC if some of the fare was paid with a FCC ?  While I am asking if you had a OBC that came from a FOBC are those re issued ?

As Always Thanks

If the FCC was from a sailing that was previously cancelled by Royal (global suspension FCC) then it will be refunded.  FCC’s that were issued from CWC or NRD deposits will be reissued as FCC.  

I am not sure about the 125% OBC amounts.  

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If the FCC was from a sailing that was previously cancelled by Royal (global suspension FCC) then it will be refunded.  FCC’s that were issued from CWC or NRD deposits will be reissued as FCC.  

I am not sure about the 125% OBC amounts.  

Good to know on Feb 13th I got these ( they total the FCC )

I am still owed about $1500 more.  No sign of the Taxes and Port fees yet but its only been about 7 weeks LOL

Feb 13, 2021
ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES

−$220.06  
Feb 13, 2021
ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES

−$377.00  
Feb 13, 2021
ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES

−$392.94  
Feb 13, 2021
ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES

−$603.06