Seward Southbound Alaska check-in question

Can anyone tell me what time check-in starts for Southbound Alaska cruises starting in Seward?  We're mostly concerned about what time we can give them our luggage, in case that is different than check-in time.

Thank you.

Just now, EGCruisers said:

Can anyone tell me what time check-in starts for Southbound Alaska cruises starting in Seward?  We're mostly concerned about what time we can give them our luggage, in case that is different than check-in time.

Thank you.

We have checked in most times at 11 am.  But no one knows for sure what the future holds for check in, etc. with the new Covid requirements.  😮   

We usually take the train up there same day, but have stayed local in town in a hotel two nights before as well. 

When you take the train very, very early in the morning...you simply hand the tagged luggage to the guys at the train station.  They check them in there, gets loaded on a truck, and brought up to the ship directly.  Checked luggage does not go on the train.  

Just now, twangster said:

From 2018:

24394595_RDSetSailAlaskaSB.thumb.jpg.cfda4d0a2b145e9092fcc11a2430db0a.jpg

While it says 2:30pm to 6:30pm is the check in window the morning train from Anchorage arrived around 11:30am and I checked in at that time and went immediately on board.

So did we.  Since checked luggage was already sent on ahead of us, and already at our cabin...we elected to simply walk to the ship toting our rolling carry on bags to enjoy the lovely weather.  🙂 Could have taken the bus that was waiting, but needed to flex our legs a bit.  

Thank you!  That gives me the information I need.  We will stay in Seward for a few days before getting on the ship and I was wondering if we would be stuck with luggage when we have to check out of our rental.  Sounds like the ship will take it and we can spend the rest of the day as we wish.