Diamond Lounge

My opinion/ speculation whatever you call  - it but here are my thoughts

We can't make any assumptions how some current  process in Singapore  will be fleet wide.  The Asia sailings have always been a bit different from general fleet sailings.   Interesting how the take away is only  the lounge/drinks.  Why no mention that the sailings are residents only and passengers do not get off the ship.  No one has transferred these restriction to sailings from the US.

The  current 3  voucher  system had limitations.  I suspect similar limitations to any type of new voucher  system that might  be implemented in the US market.  I don't expect an option to pay the difference of a drink that is free and drink that is preferred.  I hope it as all or nothing.  Either you take the free drink, or pay for a different one, like it is (was) with the 3 extra vouchers.  I am amazed that so many expect 4/5/6  premium drinks day, plus premium  coffee,  effectively creating a free drink package for  D and above.   Oh, then snacks in a lounge  as well.  

If there is a new escalating voucher system, why does RCCL think that those in higher levels will be satisfied for potently losing  benefits by  getting an extra drink or two a day.  Not a good trade off for me.  I never drank 3 drinks a day ( rarely visited the lounge in the evening ) and certainty don't need 6.  

I don't expect a lounge for D members.    Unsure of what they will do with D+ or P,   but believe there needs to be lounge accommodations for  full Suite passengers.   Many will argue that Pinnacles should have some sort of lounge accommodations as  well.  I am on the fence and don't have a preference either way.  A lounge will not make up for the  other lost benefits, ( 3 bottles of wine or other gift selections/tours/special meals/ cabin gifts/ welcome aboard beverage and gifts etc. )

I am interested to see what transpires for the RCCL sailings out of the  Caribbean, as that is a better gauge of what may change for the US sailings.

At this point I simply hope we can get back to sailing!

M

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Dave.

On our last cruise November/December 2019 on Grand Princess the waiters brought drinks and snacks around at the top tier event but in the Elite Lounge there was a buffet laid out nightly.

Graham, our last Princess cruise was in 2010 on the Grand Princess. Right before Princess decided to remove the shopping cart handle (Skywalkers Nightclub).

• Like 1

• 4 months later...