Question on FCC (cruise with confidence)

Last year we stupidly took the cruise with confidence offer for in cruise April. (Three days later all cruises were cancelled and we would have been eligible for a refund or 125% cruise credit. ) instead we ended up paying 20% more for a cruise this November as our credits expired December 31, 2021. There’s a group of us going and we’re really not comfortable cruising this year. It is a big trip for us and we’d prefer to just wait until there is a little more certainty and the vaccines are distributed more outside the US. Are we able to push back for another year? Or would we basically have to forfeit our FCC?

1 minute ago, vacay1984 said:

Last year we stupidly took the cruise with confidence offer for in cruise April. (Three days later all cruises were cancelled and we would have been eligible for a refund or 125% cruise credit. ) instead we ended up paying 20% more for a cruise this November as our credits expired December 31, 2021. There’s a group of us going and we’re really not comfortable cruising this year. It is a big trip for us and we’d prefer to just wait until there is a little more certainty and the vaccines are distributed more outside the US. Are we able to push back for another year? Or would we basically have to forfeit our FCC?

FCC’s now have an apply by date of April 30, 2022 and a sail by date of Sept 30, 2022.

you can cancel your existing cruise and the FCC’s will be reissued with the new expiry dates. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

FCC’s now have an apply by date of April 30, 2022 and a sail by date of Sept 30, 2022.

you can cancel your existing cruise and the FCC’s will be reissued with the new expiry dates. 

If they waited until 48 hours ( November 2021) to cancel would the FCC's  still have the above dates or would the expiration date be November 2022? (12 months from the date that they cancel)

Edited by molly361

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

If they waited until 48 hours ( November 2021) to cancel would the FCC's  still have the above dates or would the expiration date be November 2022?

I think so but I’m getting different answers when I ask the reps.  Personally I think sail by date will be extended by the time sailing actually resumes. 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I think so but I’m getting different answers when I ask the reps.  Personally I think sail by date will be extended by the time sailing actually resumes. 

That would be nice!  We’d probably be looking for later in 2022 or even 2023. I’ll keep an eye out. 

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

According to how I read the terms I believe they say either the above dates or 12 months from the date that you cancel whichever is further out