Local Cruises

Ataraxia

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

All a bit wait and see at the moment. Another couple of months before our second jab. We have 2 weeks SC booked in May and June and 2 weeks to the med in September. Waiting to rebook Canada and Alaska for next June. I think wait and see for anything else is the best plan. All those weekends to fill in, but Warner will have to stop playing silly beggars with their prices if they Want our money any time soon.

Actually, we’ve just booked Cricket St Thomas for October, as it’s my husband’s 70th birthday.

As we haven’t been anywhere for a year and it’s a special occasion expense was no object!😂

But, yes, their prices are generally going up 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

It's a lovely world out there, so much of it still to see. Stick will your super positive view. The problem we have is finding time to fit all the bucket list in. 

Yes I couldn’t agree more! There isn’t anywhere we wouldn’t want to go!! 
Even better now with freedom

dining for us to cheery pick our company😂 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, joeecco said:

Yes I couldn’t agree more! There isn’t anywhere we wouldn’t want to go!! 
Even better now with freedom

dining for us to cheery pick our company😂 

We managed to get 2 separate weeks away  last year and a few weekends away. We would have been away as soon as lockdown finished, but didn't take the gamble. We left our first holiday until the 22nd May. If folk don't feel comfortable going away, their choice. My unrealistic outlook got us a few breaks and will do so this year.

Just now, zap99 said:

We managed to get 2 separate weeks away  last year and a few weekends away. We would have been away as soon as lockdown finished, but didn't take the gamble. We left our first holiday until the 22nd May. If folk don't feel comfortable going away, their choice. My unrealistic outlook got us a few breaks and will do so this year.

Yes we got to Rome and Cyprus, Rome was absolutely spectacular and it was SO quiet, the locals were so welcoming and thankful for us visiting!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joeecco said:

Yes we got to Rome and Cyprus, Rome was absolutely spectacular and it was SO quiet, the locals were so welcoming and thankful for us visiting!

We were in Rome the September before lockdown. Very busy, but his holiness had decided to go walkabout.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Yes, when they launch these cruises next week, they'll need to give full details of pre cruise requirements and what life be like onboard, including what happens if Covid is detected on board. 

I hope you're right DG, but I guess there will still be lots of unanswered questions that maybe even P&O don't have the answers to just yet, or maybe don't want to answer.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It felt normal today.

I booked a 2022 and 2023 cruise.

We were looking at NCL and Royal, cruise only in the med. I may wait for a bit to see if prices drop on Royal. Next one to book will be Alaska 2022.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I know that they aren’t marketing them as ‘scenic cruises’ (even though many people seem to have labelled them as such) but for people to say that they ‘cruised around the UK’ would be a lot better than ‘we did 30 circuits of the English Channel’! 

I can see the passengers on board these cruises trying to collect many of the golden stickers so that they can actually see land...with new P&O binoculars, if they think forget to pack their own...

With good fortune and about three circuits of southern England completed then its possible...

With everyone on board all the time, those syndicate quizzes are going to get competitive 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/9/2021 at 4:45 PM, wowzz said:

Indeed, might be a good idea, but not going to happen for a few one-off cruises. P&O will easily sell out the cruises from Southampton,  without the cost and complexity of sailing from any other port. 

In the future P&O may well have an embarrassing number of huge ships gradually loaded on to them by Carnival Corporation.

Regards John

1 hour ago, crazy cat lady 83 said:

I’ve just sat down and checked my emails and I’ve had one from my TA advertising ‘staycations at sea’ and asking to pre-register. Cruise lines already confirmed include P&O, Cunard, Fred Olsen, Princess, Tradewind voyages, Riviera and Hurtigruten. 

Had the same.

10 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Sorry to correct you but there is a large cruise terminal at Greenock. I have visited there three times. Aslo docked at Rosyth for Edinburgh. Saga's Spirit of Adventure is doing a 15 night round Britain cruise with ports in July/August ( I hope), calling at Newcastle, Dundee, Kirkwall, Ullapool, St Kilda, Greenock, Belfast, Douglas, Holyhead, Bristol and Falmouth. I don't know why P&O could not do similar, at least with Aurora.

Absolutely no chance it will be calling here🇮🇲

6 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Yes I can see that how do others feel about cruising with unvaccinated passengers?

We won’t be doing it. Can’t see how cruising or any other travel will be permitted without vaccinations personally 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Something lovely to look forward to Graham. Can I wish a very happy birthday to Pauline tomorrow. I hope you both have a lovely day. Best wishes. Jane.x

Thank you Jane that is nice of you.

Last year we went to our favourite Italian Restaurant in Newcastle with our Sarah.

This year it looks like the garden centre and the beach.

IMG_20200715_174146.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Last year we went to our favourite Italian Restaurant in Newcastle with our Sarah.

IMG_20200715_174146.jpg

Graham, I'm not just saying this to be nice but they really do look like sisters! What a lovely photo. It won't be the same as last year but I'm sure you'll still enjoy the day - and your girls will still look like sisters! Jane.x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Graham, I'm not just saying this to be nice but they really do look like sisters! What a lovely photo. It won't be the same as last year but I'm sure you'll still enjoy the day - and your girls will still look like sisters! Jane.x

Thanks Jane.x

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20200715_174146.jpg

What a lovely photo. Wishing Pauline a Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

Gill x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cat among etc!

It is under step 3 that domestic cruises will be permitted to restart in England, step 3 will occur no earlier then 17th May

The resumption of cruise travel will commence at the same time as the re-opening of the indoor and hospitality sectors. Just like for indoor venues there will be a limit on passenger capacity,this will be 1000 people or 50% whichever is lower.

As per the Covid-19 Guidence, groups of more then 6 people or two households will not be allowed to mix indoors.

Received from the Department of Transport in reply to a few questions that I put to Robert Courts MP

Note the restart is England not GB

1000 People will be less when staff numbers are considered

Group of 6 must be of concern.

This needs to be played over the tannoy at the station! In the office!

Edited by mercury7289

8 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Just like for indoor venues there will be a limit on passenger capacity,this will be 1000 people or 50% whichever is lower.

I'm not sure that this is how the cruise industry interprets the rules. But it will certainly lead to some discussion when every one wakes up . 

Just now, wowzz said:

I'm not sure that this is how the cruise industry interprets the rules. But it will certainly lead to some discussion when every one wakes up . 

Wowzz, have received this via e-mail from the Department of Transport!