Celebrity cancelled till end May

Stu UK

I was booked (and I paid for) a Sky Suite (S1) on the May 17th 12 Night Iceland and Ireland Cruise on the Reflection. My cruise was cancelled along with all of the other cruises for May. They told me that I could choose among the four ships only for up to four weeks in either direction from the start date of May 17th, but in 2022. I looked at all of the sailings and there is exactly one sailing that goes to where I wanted to go, the June 12th Iceland and Ireland Cruise on the Silhouette. My TA called today and, while there are Sky Suites available for the cruise, they are S2 Sky Suites (a slight downgrade). They told my TA that I could not shift and lift from the cruise this year to the cruise next year because they didn't have my _exact_ same cabin type (an S1) available. I would love to have the S1, but I would be happy to take the S2 as long as I can take the cruise and I told this to my TA today. If they still refuse to allow me to take a (slight) downgrade in order to be able to lift and shift to next year, what should I do? What would my options be? Has anybody else had this problem and were you able to find a way to go on the cruise? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ommadawn

19 hours ago, sgmn said:

I'm hoping that as RC have Anthem here already she may do a few local voyages.  She's an ideal cold weather ship

I would hope CelebrityCruises would bring at least one of their ships to UK to do some ‘Coastal cruises,’ as P&O and Princess have stated they plan to do. They will loose many loyal cruisers otherwise.

49 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I would hope CelebrityCruises would bring at least one of their ships to UK to do some ‘Coastal cruises,’ as P&O and Princess have stated they plan to do. They will loose many loyal cruisers otherwise.

I don't think they would lose any loyal customers!  I would take the view that there is likely to be over-supply in that market (round UK cruises) this year and it would not make commercial sense to add to that.  I speak as someone who has two cruises ex-Southampton booked for this year.  It would be disappointing if at least one of them doesn't go ahead, but it wouldn't surprise me if they decided not to bring over Silhouette this year.

Ommadawn - if you have not tried already contact Executive Office in the USA. We had a similar problem with a cancellation on Connie last October where the same grade was not available on a lift and shift. They resolved the issue for us whereas our UK agent and Celebrity in the UK did not.  

52 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Ommadawn - if you have not tried already contact Executive Office in the USA. We had a similar problem with a cancellation on Connie last October where the same grade was not available on a lift and shift. They resolved the issue for us whereas our UK agent and Celebrity in the UK did not.  

Thank you very much for the advice; I will do this should my TA not be able to resolve the issue.

Make a point that you are willing to take the downgrade at your protected rate.   To escalate if your TA doesn't get anywhere use the email CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com and provide a polite concise explanation of what you would like to see given the S1 category is not available.

Thanks for all of the information, guys.

My wonderful TA finally found somebody who understood reason and I am now booked on the 14 night Iceland and Ireland cruise for next year. My counter went from 60+ days to 430+ days, but I am glad that I am booked at all.

Thanks again!

• Like 2

Just curious since you went from a 12 night to 14 night did they charge you a per-day increase for the extra 2 days or was it just a wash since you took the downgrade?   Another value of a good TA who can get these sorts of things done for you.

• Like 1