Coctail question

Silent Penguin

My favorite coctail was a plain old Greyhound until I had one at a friend's house and he threw some tropical fruit in the glass with the vodka and grapefruit juice. I really liked it.  In fact, It's my new favorite.  I'm wondering if this concoction has a different name.  If not, what are the chances that I could get a Greyhound with a fruit medly in the glass onboard when we cruise?  

I can't recall seeing much fresh fruit at any bars except at Alchemy. We've had bartenders at Alchemy that didn't seem happy to venture off menu; on other sailings we've had spectacular drinks that were customized to our requests. I would try to find a friendly bartender, tell them what you like. They may not have ingredients on hand, but maybe on their next shift could have items ready for you. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Another possibility- enter the Mixology contest. If you win your drink will be featured for the rest of the cruise.

Doesn't change the issue of tropical fruit (other than pineapple) not being stocked at the bars (except perhaps Alchemy). When you enter the Mixology contest your potential ingredients are limited to what is routinely stocked at the bars. 

8 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Doesn't change the issue of tropical fruit (other than pineapple) not being stocked at the bars (except perhaps Alchemy). When you enter the Mixology contest your potential ingredients are limited to what is routinely stocked at the bars. 

Sorry, I thought he said tropical fruit juice.