Novice RC Cruiser with 2 questions

I am overwhelmed with all the ships and itineraries.  We are usually Celebrity cruisers but we want to take our son and his family on a Caribbean cruise to celebrate his 40th.  They will have much more fun on RC!!

I’ve been all over the board and found lots of answers but these remain.  I would appreciate your wisdom.

1.  Is there a newer ship you would suggest for the Caribbean in April, 2022?

2.  Their family consists of Mom and Dad, five year old twins and a 14 year old daughter.  What kind of cabin do they need?  I know the regular balcony cabins only allow two kids.

Many thanks in advance for your input!

Joanie

5 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

I am overwhelmed with all the ships and itineraries.  We are usually Celebrity cruisers but we want to take our son and his family on a Caribbean cruise to celebrate his 40th.  They will have much more fun on RC!!

I’ve been all over the board and found lots of answers but these remain.  I would appreciate your wisdom.

2.  Their family consists of Mom and Dad, five year old twins and a 14 year old daughter.  What kind of cabin do they need?  I know the regular balcony cabins only allow two kids.

Joanie

Check out Oasis Class. Symphony is the newest mega ship.  I don't think any other class of ship on any cruise line has more to do then you would find on a Oasis class ship. Youtube videos could be a great friend,, happy cruising

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Joanie

From one Georgia Peach to another, I agree that the children will have more fun on Royal. I suggest any of the Oasis class ships. Allure is my favorite, because of their shows. I love Mama Mia! (Symphony is the newest ship in that class.) They offer family cabins that would sleep all five, but you might want to consider adjoining cabins (maybe one balcony and an inside that connects). We enjoy the inside balcony cabins overlooking Central Park, but the children might enjoy the ones overlooking Boardwalk. 

Any Oasis class ship.

Allure out of Ft Lauderdale doing 6 or 8 night itineraries

Symphony out of Miami doing 7 night itineraries

Harmony out of Port Canaveral doing 7 night itineraries. 

there are regular balcony cabins on Allure that will sleep 5 however I would get 2 cabins. Lots of combinations from connecting balconies to connecting insides or a balcony with an inside across the hall. 

if they want a cabin that sleeps 5 they will need to call to book it or use a travel agent. 

• Like 1

Hi!!  I would also recommend an Oasis class ship, there is so much to do and the kids will love it.  Not sure what your budget may be, but these ships do have 2 bedroom Grand Suites (2 bathrooms) that are very nice.  They say they sleep 10 but I don't think I would put that many in the cabin.  We are doing 5 on Oasis with our Son, DIL and GD.  These cabins also have a connecting balcony.

Another alternative for them is maybe a Junior Suite and connecting balcony.  Still get two bathrooms.  The Junior Suite has extra room plus a tub, that might be nice for the twins.  I don't remember if the balcony rooms have a convertible couch but the mini's do.  So, each person could have their own bed and not have to use the pull-downs from the wall.

Vera and Ourusualbeach gave some great suggestions as well.  However you do it, it would definitely get two connecting cabins for your son, just so they can have the two bathrooms.  If you do a search on Youtube, you can find cabin videos, which is helpful.  Whatever you choose, you will have a great time on your cruise!!

Edited by jk04

I vote Oasis class too- the ship has been as much fun as the destinations for us.  We usually book two connecting cabins for our family of four- the two bathrooms are worth it- and surprisingly the pricing isn't usually that different from a single cabin for four.  Enjoy!!

So many great responses!  Very grateful.

based on your feedback, the April 2, 2023 Symphony sounds perfect, but there are no connecting cabins when I do a test booking....we are trying to stay with balconies if we can swing it.

I will check into cost differences between suites.

Thanks so much for the help!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

So many great responses!  Very grateful.

based on your feedback, the April 2, 2023 Symphony sounds perfect, but there are no connecting cabins when I do a test booking....we are trying to stay with balconies if we can swing it.

I will check into cost differences between suites.

Thanks so much for the help!

There are lots of connecting cabins.  Royals website sucks for finding them.  Either call or use a TA.

just for example deck 12 11178 a 2D and 11180 a 1D are available. 

to find them you need to search both cabins that sleep 2 and then cabins that sleep 3. 

A0C09999-4F63-4361-A5E1-795F556D3094.png

AD9E54EC-C900-4473-AAAD-3EB236453A41.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Thanks, Ken, very helpful.  I’ll contact an agent tomorrow.  I’m beginning to see some daylight!

Joanie

Glad it’s working out.

the 1D and 2D connecting balconies are midship balconies (between the two sets of elevators.  

you can also get a 3D and a 4D connecting pair.  They are slightly less expensive and are located forward or aft of the elevator banks. 

beside these connecting pairs you should also be able to find a double occupancy cabin for yourselves so that you have 3 cabins in a row.  You can get your cabin steward to open the dividers on your balcony so you can go from one room to another via the balcony without having to go into the hallway.  

there are probably other combinations available but 9272, 9294 and 9276 are available.