Help with on line booking

oceansandseas

Have been on phone with Cunard for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Have had it up to here with that lady taking.  Want a section of 2023 world cruise. Tried to do it on line. However, there is no place for a deposit, only want full payment. We have deposit from cancelled cruise that gives fcc.  It is applied. However there is not any type of deduction for being diamond.

It just rang again, thought I was through, but only more talking.

I can not get into my CWC account, but that can wait until another day.

Any help appreciated Please.

I was fortunate to have a travel agent get me a QG on QM2, not the room I wanted but by the sound of it the website crashed and they have been struggling to recover. A lot of pent up demand I guess. Hope you manage to get something.

Thanks Wonky. Appreciate you letting me know. I think I will hang up now to keep my sanity. I like to book myself through Cunard and then give to a travel agent.

I was just thinking that I should try booking without putting in my CWC number and not using FCC for this cruise. Not sure if that would work as the 2023 does not go on sale to the general public until tomorrow.

Also, even after putting in my CWC number, the price was the same. No reduction. 

I got to the payment section and the only reason I didn't end up paying The full fare was the card being declined. (Plus that wasn't what I wanted to do)

Towards the top of the page it offers the choice full fare, deposit or courtesy hold check boxes.

I think, but won't swear to it that the prices quoted include the CWC discount. Using the link in the mail ought to tell the website that you're a CWC member.

I went online at 1.30 pm , couldn't  do anything online, by the time I got through on phone at 2.30pm all QG for Capetown to UK  gone got the last PG and waitlisted for QG. Was told everyone was online at 1pm on the dot. 

I think I will follow advice and use a TA for next cruise Japan and Alaska which should be released in June or July

28 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

I went online at 1.30 pm , couldn't  do anything online, by the time I got through on phone at 2.30pm all QG for Capetown to UK  gone got the last PG and waitlisted for QG. Was told everyone was online at 1pm on the dot. 

I think I will follow advice and use a TA for next cruise Japan and Alaska which should be released in June or July

For QV '23, Q1 to Q3 have all gone to world cruisers and the expectation is, the rest of QG will also be allocated to full worldies.

Disappointing for us sectioneers, but excellent news for the longevity of QV!

edit

Sorry, I realise you are QM2 not QV but it might go some way to explain how important these long/world voyages are to Cunard loyal passengers/

Edited by Victoria2

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

For QV '23, Q1 to Q3 have all gone to world cruisers and the expectation is, the rest of QG will also be allocated to full worldies.

Disappointing for us sectioneers, but excellent news for the longevity of QV!

I'm just happy to have a PG no-one should complain at that, and as a bonus on starboard for morning sun.  Given what you've said won't hold my breath for  waitlisted QG .We really look forward to cruising back from S.A. so much more civilised than a plane. 

Found we like to fly out in  Autumm,  I'm anxious to get there and on the water. Also going South most of the time straight into the southerly trade winds, combined with ships 20 knots gives a lively 40 knot apparent wind on deck.

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

I'm just happy to have a PG no-one should complain at that, and as a bonus on starboard for morning sun.  Given what you've said won't hold my breath for  waitlisted QG .We really look forward to cruising back from S.A. so much more civilised than a plane. 

Found we like to fly out in  Autumm,  I'm anxious to get there and on the water. Also going South most of the time straight into the southerly trade winds, combined with ships 20 knots gives a lively 40 knot apparent wind on deck.

If you can hold on, the fact cabins you want are booked now does not mean they will be in eighteen months time.

I can 100 % guarantee the QV 2s will not be available, but one or two 3s just might. We can but hope and will keep watch.

It will be interesting to see how the quickly the higher tier cabins sell out.

been watching all week and mainly open for QV Sydney/Southampton QG except for Q1 and Q2.

However when I looked at 5.00 pm yesterday only  two Q6  left even though not on sale until 8 am for Cunard  Members  this morning. ???? I guess people booked on cancelled WC for 2021 were offered first ???

However on the computer at 7.59 am today and just booked last Q6 which we prefer any way. Also booked round Australia on QE for November 07, 2022 just  in case  we decide we don't want to travel OS . Only small deposit in Oz which is refundable up to a certain date. 

Suggest putting your Membership into your booking before you book and the price will revert to the discounted World cruise option

Good luck, and get the Covid jab !