Virgin Voyages to require all crew, passengers to be vaccinated for COVID-19 on all cruises

70KToM

14 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

Looks like cruising will resume this summer, as Virgin is already requiring a higher vaccination standard than the CDC:

https://news.yahoo.com/cruise-travel-could-resume-july-152823505.html

My favourite ship in that photo.... and the starting point of my first ever cruise on her. Happy memories..... as you can probably tell be my profile photo at the same place with Silver wind! My Office window in the photo too. Gutted when we got moved 2 years ago. It was awesome seeing Silver Wind and Silver Cloud docked outside my office! 

Edited by les37b

On 4/29/2021 at 2:05 PM, garymfreedman said:

Looks like cruising will resume this summer, as Virgin is already requiring a higher vaccination standard than the CDC:

https://news.yahoo.com/cruise-travel-could-resume-july-152823505.html

Uh, yeah, but I had my July booking cancelled.

Love my UK brothers, but would like Virgin to shutdown their little British Experiment and bring the Scarlet Lady back to Miami and honor the July bookings...pretty please!

3 hours ago, CroozFanatic said:

Uh, yeah, but I had my July booking cancelled.

Love my UK brothers, but would like Virgin to shutdown their little British Experiment and bring the Scarlet Lady back to Miami and honor the July bookings...pretty please!

Haha.... Sorry.

Obviously everything takes time to plan and these "little experiment" cruises were put together because the UK gave the window to do so, whilst the US indicated it would be November at the earliest.

Look on the bright side. By the time it arrives all the gremlins should be sorted.

• Like 1

Interesting how NOW the other cruise lines are saying they are going to require vaccines, when Virgin has been saying that for awhile now.. Nice to see port of miami on the early list of ports requiriing the vaccine for their staff. Will be interesting to see what happens when they all get their 2nd doses, especially the Moderna-Most people in the 20's-40's get sick for 2-4 days after the 2nd shot..

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6082/

What is the governor thinking when the quickest way for the cruiselines to comply with the CDC and start cruising is to have all passengers and crew vaccinated and be able to show proof. His new law is completely lame!

• 2 weeks later...

I would probably have booked one of the short cruises on Scarlet Lady from Portsmouth in August but they still cannot let us know exactly what proof you need to show that you've had the vaccines. As I don't have a smartphone and don't know if I can show the card that confirms I have had 2 jabs, I have decided it is not worth making a booking until they make their mind up about what proof is needed.

They will certainly have a method for confirming eligibility for those without smart phones. I would book now while you have your best choice of cabins. You are lucky to be in the U.K. and be able to book. Even fully vaccinated U.S. folks cannot access those cruises.

15 hours ago, number5 said:

I would probably have booked one of the short cruises on Scarlet Lady from Portsmouth in August but they still cannot let us know exactly what proof you need to show that you've had the vaccines. As I don't have a smartphone and don't know if I can show the card that confirms I have had 2 jabs, I have decided it is not worth making a booking until they make their mind up about what proof is needed.

This link gives you access to your NHS vaccination proof and printable certificate.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

The certificate also includes a QR code which enables Virgin or anyone else to validate it's an un-doctored and validated certificate.

This is what you will need and the only thing that's really certified proof. It will be the same proof as the NHS app I posted above.

• 2 weeks later...

If DeSantis was REALLY supporting the cruise industry, he wouldn't have signed the law. How is "can't ask" safer than 100% vaccinated? Stupid! He's risking the safe return of cruising to better his political aspirations, nothing more. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, you don't have to provide proof of vaccination per Florida law, but you are screwed with all these other charges if you don't..

.....Those who are not fully vaccinated will need to purchase MSC Cruises' Travel Insurance and COVID-19 Protection Services at an additional cost.

They will also be subject to additional restrictions, including the required purchase of MSC-sponsored shore excursions in order to go ashore and mandatory testing before and throughout the voyage......

https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/news/6209/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 6:04 AM, les37b said:

I tend to agree with that. Whilst I booked, it wasn't a condition for me doing so (it was to replace one just cancelled the CL didn't need require), I'm happy it is. Doesn't mean you can't catch it, but it should mean generally its less likely people will to end in a hospital or very ill. People can make an informed choice. If they have chosen to be vaccinated, they can sail, if they haven't then an alternative is needed and there will still be plenty I'm sure. i know people will be thinking they are being discriminated against. I tend to look at it in reverse. VV are reducing their client base and its them who is the ones taking the gamble and applaud the stance on safety first.

Unless things change VV CANNOT, by law, require proof of vaccination for Florida sailings... They can penalize those that don't, like the other cruise lines are..But then, things may change by October...I have been vaccinated for six months, so I don't care...

12 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

Unless things change VV CANNOT, by law, require proof of vaccination for Florida sailings... They can penalize those that don't, like the other cruise lines are..But then, things may change by October...I have been vaccinated for six months, so I don't care...

I'm sure "non vaccinated guests must quarantine in a Miami hotel for 10 days prior to the cruise" would suffice and give assurances to guests not happy with mingling with people who may have refused to be vaccinated.

PS - won't you be in need of a booster?

I wouldn't worry about whether or not VV is going to require proof of vaccination.  At this point, you should worry about whether or not VV is actually going to sail.  I feel like too many signs are pointing to the inevitable.  I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see anything positive coming from their camp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, garymfreedman said:

Not only is proof of vaccination required, currently against the law in Florida, but there is a whole host of other protocols people should read before sailing...

https://www.virginvoyages.com/email/pre-sail-landing-hub

They really take care of you, and your costs, if you do get covid... Stuff they don't have to do