UK staycation cruise details launched

Adam Coulter

8 minutes ago, dides said:

Interesting new rule mentioned by a travel agent  - Princess UK won't allow you to board a UK Seacation cruise if you were on ANY cruise line for the previous 7 days in that you cannot hop from one cruise to another.

We were wondering about this, but with numerous other cruise lines such as MSC and RCCL announcing that they intend offering sailings are they really going to be able to check? 

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Cruises now on the Princess web site for UK cruisers. 

Please note there are two prices, without and with AI, just as I stated there would many days ago.

Guessed there would be once we could make bookings .. there are a lot of people who wouldn’t get value for money at £30 a day.  The advert of AI prices was to attract those who had looked at P&O prices without the drinks package.  Seemed to cause a lot of debate at the time.  On a longer cruise we have booked without the plus package but meeting up with friends in August on Sky so having the drinks package just for 4 nights and all sea days makes sense.  That’s a lot of cups of coffee and bottled water ... 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

The key point is .. domestic waters ... for these short cruises no different to booking a uk hotel stay. 

well that’s if you can find a UK hotel that offers .. all inclusive drinks .. wifi .. free laundry (we are Elite) .. entertainment ... choice of fantastic dining options ... and don’t forget stunning sea views.  Good luck trying to find a hotel that matches that this summer.  Sorry have to add ... and no kids .. I love children .. but this August will be a bonus not having the kids onboard.  
apologies in advance to all the families .. 

12 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

That’s a lot of cups of coffee and bottled water ... 😉

But it does cover the gratuities at over £10 a day which takes a large chunk of the £30, they will be due this I think. Even being Elite with the mini bar and Wi Fi the £20 would cover beers, soft drinks, wine and coffee/tea during the day. 

• Like 1

Checked out prices on a couple of dates for the 3 and 4 night options. For a solo traveller it is £953 for 3 and £1023 for 4 nights. I'll be staying at home. It would be nice and probably better all-round value than P&O but I'm just not that desperate to get away at those prices.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:09 AM, Josy1953 said:

We have done 2 Round Britain cruises and I would recommend them to anyone who is not concerned about the restrictions that may be imposed on board.

Does the rules of having 6 months on your passport apply to these cruises. I will only have 5 months left on mine and unsure if I need to renew early

19 minutes ago, tokyo1949 said:

Does the rules of having 6 months on your passport apply to these cruises. I will only have 5 months left on mine and unsure if I need to renew early

Our TA made a point of specifying that even though its round UK only we would still need to take passports & they should still have at least 6 months left.  Personally I would want to renew early as there are bound to be delays,  same as all govt depts currently.  

1 hour ago, djwcruisejunkie said:

Our TA made a point of specifying that even though its round UK only we would still need to take passports & they should still have at least 6 months left.  Personally I would want to renew early as there are bound to be delays,  same as all govt depts currently.  

Thank you for informing me of that. I have emailed Princess but not had a reply but havent used a TA