UK staycation cruise details launched

Adam Coulter

It is a shame for everyone who was hoping to get back to cruising abroad this summer. We have a cruise on Ventura booked for the end of November 2021.....just wondering if this will go ahead. Keeping fingers crossed.

Edited by PJ's

37 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have done 2 Round Britain cruises and I would recommend them to anyone who is not concerned about the restrictions that may be imposed on board.

I love Round Britain cruises. We’ve done 2 with P&O and 2 with CMV.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I've always said that I would quite happily spend 2 weeks going round the Isle of Wight. 

Now that it looks the reality may indeed be a week going round the Isle of Wight....

Yep, Still up for that!

I just said the same to my husband 

• Like 2

There goes my May and September Iona cruises to Norway. Just managed to book for an Iona Canary Islands 14 nighter in Jan 22, phew, I seem to have got the last balcony for single occupancy forward on Lido deck

Now to claim my two Norwegian cruise deposits back

• Like 3

Odd wording - 'A series of short UK holidays'. My immediate thought was that they were going to offer land holidays 🙂  Round-Britaincuises sounds much more appealing.

• Like 2

Well this is a good thing I think. A series of shakedown cruises to get all the crew up and running and the ships sorted with a series of shortish cruises before the ships go back to normal duties. This is what Cunard tried to do in March and Aril but had to cancel. 

Careful and cautious is definitely the way to go. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Odd wording - 'A series of short UK holidays'. My immediate thought was that they were going to offer land holidays 🙂  Round-Britaincuises sounds much more appealing.

I wonder if P and O may start with a couple of short breaks  staying on the ship in Southampton and offering excursions from there- Winchester, New Forest etc .More like a hotel?That would perhaps explain the wording.

13 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I wonder if P and O may start with a couple of short breaks  staying on the ship in Southampton and offering excursions from there- Winchester, New Forest etc .More like a hotel?That would perhaps explain the wording.

Well if they’re going to do that they’d better not try it in Southampton 😁

They might have more takers in Liverpool, Belfast, Newcastle. Even Portland...

16 minutes ago, ann141 said:

That sounds very plausible Ann and would make sense.

With our July cruise now cancelled i was going to go for a refund but other half is interested in a possible round UK one.

Neither of us would be jabbed so hopefully we would not be permitted to go as i am not too fussed TBH.

Our next cruise is in Dec 21 and i hope this is cancelled too, for me its our then next one in July 22 but i am hoping for non vaccinated and non restrictive cruising by then, otherwise i would not be doing that one either.

Edited by Chrisdriving

6 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

With our July cruise now cancelled i was going to go for a refund but other half is interested in a possible round UK one.

Neither of us would be jabbed so hopefully we would not be permitted to go as i am not too fussed TBH.

Our next cruise is in Dec 21 and i hope this is cancelled too, for me its our then next one in July 22 but i am hoping for non vaccinated and non restrictive cruising by then, otherwise i would not be doing that one either.

Hopefully P&O will insist that everyone has to  be vaccinated, as has Saga. Indeed I hope pubs, restaurants, hotels, cinemas etc also insist on vaccinations. Plus, of course airlines. 

• Like 21