Cruising with a baby

Lauraa88

23 hours ago, donaldsc said:

If I was on a cruise and there was an infant in the main pool, I would lodge a complaint w pool staff.  Since we can assume that the pool staff will ignore the complaint, I would ask to speak to a supervisor.  I see no reason that my enjoyment of the pool should be drained for pool cleaning because some parent who figures that pool rules don't apply to them and allows their child to soil the pool.  

DON

Haha. I did lodge a complaint once, about 10 years back, when I saw a father dipping his diapered toddler into the ADULT aft pool on the Emerald.

Bad enough any pool, but the adult pool? The supervisor on duty took care of the situation immediately.      

5 hours ago, USERBOYD66 said:

I don't understand why there is even a discussion about this- everyone on a Princess cruise must be vaccinated and right now, there are no vaccines for children under 12 years of age.

True for the UK "seacations", but for the Alaska cruises up to 5% of passengers can be unvaccinated and this is mainly for children who are not yet eligible to get the vaccine.

12 hours ago, USERBOYD66 said:

I don't understand why there is even a discussion about this- everyone on a Princess cruise must be vaccinated and right now, there are no vaccines for children under 12 years of age.

There is a discussion because at some point, people want to go on holiday again and may have a child with them and are looking for advice....

This is next year we are talking about - there are to be no abroad holidays from the UK this year, and if people do go, they are few and far between.

We didn't know we would be in this situation at the start of last year and we don't know what the situation will be next year either, but, if you have cruise credits to use (like a lot of people do!) you have to plan ahead and get something booked to use before certain dates next year.... unless they extend these again.

On 3/18/2021 at 7:19 AM, Reina del Mar said:

I agree.. and deepening on how placid or otherwise the baby is, I would not want to be in a cabin next door to a baby that cried a lot.....I know that sounds awful but that would not be the relaxing cruise I would hope for. Sorry !!!

Chiming in... We also experienced the next door crying baby thing. It was quite annoying.

• Like 2