Pre-registration

LadyL1

A question for those in UK.

I am very interested in booking a “staycation” cruise on QE when released for sale 31st March. For those of you who have ever pre-registered a booking requirement, have you done this with Cunard direct or with a TA? What has been your success in getting what you have requested?

1 hour ago, LadyL1 said:

I am very interested in booking a “staycation” cruise on QE when released for sale 31st March. For those of you who have ever pre-registered a booking requirement, have you done this with Cunard direct or with a TA? What has been your success in getting what you have requested?

Never made a pre-reg on Cunard, but our PCS ensures a happy booking protocol.

Have you discussed with your TA, as they may have an answer.

2 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

We have pre registered for a QV cruise in the past but all it does is show interest. It's then up to your agent or your Cunard personal agent to get in there to book your required cruise/cabin. It does not guarantee anything, but it does give your agent the heads up to get in there, quick.

Good luck.

Dont know what policy Cunard will be using for stateroom allocation, not sure about Princess but all cruises and advertised prices are Early Saver so P&O will pick your stateroom at a later date. If Select fares will not be available I should imagine they are doing this so there is only certain staterooms are going to be used.

I did telephone Cunard today to ask if I could pre register for these UK sailings but they are not doing this. 
The Cunard rep said that the cruises will go on sale on March 31st and will be first come, first served. No priority for previous Cunard customers. 
sounds like you will be able to book a cabin category but not pick a cabin number. These will be allocated by Cunard due to social distancing measures. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

I did telephone Cunard today to ask if I could pre register for these UK sailings but they are not doing this. 
The Cunard rep said that the cruises will go on sale on March 31st and will be first come, first served. No priority for previous Cunard customers. 
sounds like you will be able to book a cabin category but not pick a cabin number. These will be allocated by Cunard due to social distancing measures. 

Thank you for posting the “Official” Cunard Policy.

I've been very tempted to do one of these, either with Cunard or princess. Today with news of rising covid rates in Europe I'm not sure if they will go ahead as planned.

Plus there is the whole issue of what will be different. I except masks in public areas of the ship and when walking in corridors, but will room stewards still make up your room daily... Or just leave fresh towels out side your door? ( as some uk hotels are). Will the ship corridors have one way system? 
I see princess buffets will be served to you, but I'm not sure what other things will be different. 

I assume the protocols will be similar to those with P and O.

Masks to be worn except when eating and drinking, social distancing, temperature checks, lots of hand sanitation and reservations for theatre/activities and restaurants with spacing of guests in all areas.

I have heard that P and O are only offering a guaranteed cabin when you book on Monday and then the cabin number will be allocated once you are onboard. I imagine Cunard will do the same so they can space out guest cabins and maybe alternate with each cruise

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beaveh said:

I've been very tempted to do one of these, either with Cunard or princess. Today with news of rising covid rates in Europe I'm not sure if they will go ahead as planned.

Plus there is the whole issue of what will be different. I except masks in public areas of the ship and when walking in corridors, but will room stewards still make up your room daily... Or just leave fresh towels out side your door? ( as some uk hotels are). Will the ship corridors have one way system? 
I see princess buffets will be served to you, but I'm not sure what other things will be different. 

I do not think the rising covid rates across Europe will have any effect on these cruises as they will be for UK residents only who have had both vaccines and P&O are not calling at any ports, Princess only 3 and we dont know yet what Cunard will do but expect it to be very similar.

On 3/20/2021 at 10:10 PM, Minnie29 said:

Were you told that for definite or is it an assumption based on the P&O staycation model? I ask as  friends of ours want to try Cunard but are specific on their choice of deck.

Thanks