Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

4 minutes ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

It's a shame that P&O haven't said how they are choosing who gets cancelled and who doesn't. At least MSC put that in their statement.

I agree, it seems so odd to be cancelled with an opening day booking. 😧😢

• Like 1

Funnily enough I thought we may get cancelled on our 11th July cruise as we didn’t book that long ago but we seem to have been allocated a cabin today so fingers crossed. It wasn’t showing on the booking summary but was there under Life on Board. We haven’t had email confirmation of this yet though

Edited by Kat747
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Maybe because I had a cheaper cabin☹️And are only pacific tier 

No! It can’t be that, did you book direct or with a TA?  I wish P&O would be upfront and open about the criteria.  I have BLC discount it makes sense to cancel me and sail with passengers paying full fare.

Just now, Pink-belle said:

No! It can’t be that, did you book direct or with a TA?  I wish P&O would be upfront and open about the criteria.  I have BLC discount it makes sense to cancel me and sail with passengers paying full fare.

Hi booked direct it makes no sense hopefully our August on Iona will be safe👍

Well just had the email to cancel my cruise on Britannia next week I’m so angry an upset I’ve done so much to get this first cruise underway paying out for two travel insurances , new dresses, booked nail in arranged someone to look after the in-laws and worst of all I’m all packed and everything printed off !! What a waste of ink 😡 I feel I could cry , I’ve just tried phoning P&O but you guessed it too busy and cut you off , guess ther getting rid of the blue light card holders first 😡😡😡

• Like 3

Just now, Purdey16 said:

I’m going to have a quick look on other cruise lines for next week if anyone knows of some still taking bookings please, any help please 

Hi I’ve checked everything nothing is available with any cruise lines until 31 July mine was also cancelled and I’m devastated too

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Well just had the email to cancel my cruise on Britannia next week I’m so angry an upset I’ve done so much to get this first cruise underway paying out for two travel insurances , new dresses, booked nail in arranged someone to look after the in-laws and worst of all I’m all packed and everything printed off !! What a waste of ink 😡 I feel I could cry , I’ve just tried phoning P&O but you guessed it too busy and cut you off , guess ther getting rid of the blue light card holders first 😡😡😡

I’m sorry to read that as I know how much effort is involved in sorting elderly relatives before you can get away. I suppose it would be easier to accept a fully cancelled cruise than just wondering why you’ve been selected. I wonder whether they’ll explain how they’ve gone about this. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

We are the same for 1st July booking, thought we were safe when we received cabin number. Gutted but filled in my refund form, npt willing to get fingers burnt twice. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kat747 said:

Funnily enough I thought we may get cancelled on our 11th July cruise as we didn’t book that long ago but we seem to have been allocated a cabin today so fingers crossed. It wasn’t showing on the booking summary but was there under Life on Board. We haven’t had email confirmation of this yet though

We were allocated our cabin on Tuesday for 1st July cruise, got tickets today then got bumped this afternoon. Gutted, applied for refund. 

27 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Oh no. I’m so sorry - you’ve been looking forward to this so much…… sending you a virtual hug. X

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi I’ve checked everything nothing is available with any cruise lines until 31 July mine was also cancelled and I’m devastated too

QE on 19th July is showing available although the price has gone up since yesterday

Booked today for the 29th August cruise on Britannia. Only our 2nd P&O cruise but a week at sea, eating drinking and being entertained is something to look forward to. Hoping that as this is way after the new freedom day on 20th July, it will go ahead. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kevcharben said:

QE on 19th July is showing available although the price has gone up since yesterday

Hi I meant nothing is available for beginning of July feeling scared to book anything now in case they do the same again I’m  already booked on QE on 6th August wonder what will happen with my other cruises 🥴

9 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi I meant nothing is available for beginning of July feeling scared to book anything now in case they do the same again I’m  already booked on QE on 6th August wonder what will happen with my other cruises 🥴

Have faith 🤞

We are on the QE 6th August sailing, and are also on the 17th July Celebrity one. We are keeping fingers crossed that they capped passenger numbers appropriately. Though with both lines, other companies in their groups, have not been so prudent (RCI are also cancelling passengers on their Southampton sailings I believe).

• Like 1

I have also been dumped off the 18th July cruise by P&O.  I had expected it as we paid a Friends and Family fare, part of those terms are you may get dumped due to various reasons.  But no FCC, just an automatic refund.  Still I did manage to get through to someone at my 5th attempt and booked onto the 3 night cruise on the 22nd and still in a suite.  Only 3 nights instead of 4, but still want to get on board.

• Like 3

Yes I saw that but can’t make those dates thank you Kev , my husband has now booked a hotel in London , the Mayfair Town house hotel which was on tv last week on special places to stay , we actually booked for October and booked a show the phantom of the opera ( for the 14 th time ) and the shard visit and dinner at the Ritz hotel , so we will go up on Monday 28th to try the hotel out first and chill doing other visits.

I will be applying for a refund and not a fcc , cancelling our car parking tomorrow. 

At least I have another one to look forward to on princess 17 th September,.

Not looking forward to unpacking my suit cases now 😢😤

• Like 2

Thank you Eddie, my anger is fading now and I feel sorry for all the others that are in the same boat as me , we had our October 3 days in London all booked and planned, my husband has just booked again at the hotel in Mayfair and we will do some different things than planned in October, I’m just a bit anxious about going to London at this time .

• Like 2