Solstice Bed Orientation?

Quentara

Looking at solstice deck 10 cabins. 1273, 1275, 1279

looking for a cabin with bed by bathroom, front entrance.

I have seen a photo or two, but when I call Celebrity they tell 

me differently.  Any suggestions it is a 27 night cruise and

I really want to be sure the bed is where we prefer it.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, bubbachief said:

Check out the S class cabin info at the beginning of this posting. According to it, 1279 has the bed by the bath, others by balcony.

Not quite.  Yes, 1279 does have bed by the Bath, so that would mean 1277 by the Balcony, 1275 by the Bath, and 1273 by the Balcony.  They alternate.

Easy Peasy to find cabins with bed placed where you want it!

E.G.On an S-class ship find a cabin that has a square or triangle on whatever deck. This indicates the bed is by the bath. Every other cabin is similarly configured. You are looking on Deck 10 portside stern so just count by two from the marked cabin.  

As Auntiemomo posted, they alternate. It is more difficult for a twosome to snag a cabin that holds 3 or 4, and they don't usually show as available on Celebrity's website, but try entering a greater number of pax to see if the cabin you desire is unbooked. Also, some TA websites show all open cabins regardless of number of pax.

Luckily on Deck 10 many bed by bath stern cabins are designated for only 2.

I just realized that on our April 2022 Southern Caribbean cruise that our bed is by the balcony.  This is our first time with a bump cabin 9239 on Equinox, and I was excited to get it and didn't think about the bed location.  We have never had one by the balcony before.  Just curious on any thoughts about pros or cons regarding bed by the balcony.  

Thank you

1 minute ago, fount said:

I just realized that on our April 2022 Southern Caribbean cruise that our bed is by the balcony.  This is our first time with a bump cabin 9239 on Equinox, and I was excited to get it and didn't think about the bed location.  We have never had one by the balcony before.  Just curious on any thoughts about pros or cons regarding bed by the balcony.  

Thank you

For me the PRO with the bed by the balcony is, since I suffer from motion sickness, that when lying in bed my body is facing forward....same as if I was driving my car.  Many others prefer the bed by the bath with the sofa by the balcony so the can enjoy the water view.

9 minutes ago, fount said:

Thank you

The breeze will be lovely

10 minutes ago, fount said:

Thank you

It depends on personal preference. My DBiL loves the bed by the veranda so he can see the sea when he opens his eyes in the morning. We like ours by the bath for several reasons: during chilly days I can relax on the couch and look out, when we have friends to our cabin it seems to be a more open layout in that we can be inside and out without feeling cramped, and because I don't have to worry about tripping over my DH's CPAP cord when I need to "you-know-what" thanks to the drinks package!

Edited by TMLAalum

11 minutes ago, fount said:

Thank you

We much prefer the bed by the balcony, for a couple of reason. First, it gives us much more room near the closets when getting dressed. Those extra few square feet make it so much easier, particularly if two of you are dressing. When the bed is there, one of us (me!) has to grab his clothes and walk around the bed to the area by the balcony.

Secondly, we never spend an extended period of time gazing out the window, and it's actually far easier to sit on the edge of the bed and look straight out than it is sitting on the sofa and turning your head 90 degrees. But if we do want to sit and stare at the sea, we go out on the balcony.

That said, we prefer bed by balcony if possible, but right now, we'd be very happy with any configuration if we could only be aboard a cruise ship!

22 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

For me the PRO with the bed by the balcony is, since I suffer from motion sickness, that when lying in bed my body is facing forward....same as if I was driving my car.  Many others prefer the bed by the bath with the sofa by the balcony so the can enjoy the water view.

That only works on the Port side of the ship.  On the Starboard side, the bed by the bath has the body facing forward.  The module is flipped when going one way or the other.

4 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

Not quite.  Yes, 1279 does have bed by the Bath, so that would mean 1277 by the Balcony, 1275 by the Bath, and 1273 by the Balcony.  They alternate.

You are correct. Thanks for clarify.

Thank you for your pros and cons about the bed by the balcony.  I guess we will try it for the first time instead of trying to have our TA change rooms.  Don't even know if that would be possible.

Thank you again!

28 minutes ago, fount said:

Thank you for your pros and cons about the bed by the balcony.  I guess we will try it for the first time instead of trying to have our TA change rooms.  Don't even know if that would be possible.

Thank you again!

We've always preferred bed by the bath, but on an upcoming cruise there were none available, so we choose a bed by the balcony.  We'll see how it turns out.