Alaska Itinerary Help!

nikkiw60

10 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

We are under the impression September would be good for seeing bears and whales.

I have a vague recollection of seeing whales on the cruise, but it wouldn't have been particularly memorable for me since we see them on the central California coast, where I live. It is really cool to see them, even for the hundredth time. I took the train ride from Skagway, and saw a flash of brown fur that was probably a bear. You'd probably have better luck with a bear hunting shore excursion 🐻😁

We saw bears on the shoreline multiple times during our Alaska cruise in 2019. It was in August of that year and the salmon spawning was a little later than usual. I live on the Puget sound so I am super lucky to see Orcas and grey whales all the time.  It never ceases to amaze me! 

2D96C18D-BE14-474B-94A8-D97524949397.jpeg

We have jumped in and booked. Got a cabin near the aft on deck 11 away from all activities hopefully! Booked the Encore for 3rd September 2023. Managed to use the 2 Cruisenext vouchers for this and also used the FCC we had against one we have booked for May 2022.  Thank you for all help and suggestions. We also found out the reason for such a short stop in Victoria!

• Like 2

On 3/29/2021 at 12:58 AM, nikkiw60 said:

We are looking at the one with Glacier Bay. We are under the impression September would be good for seeing bears and whales. Also as I said in my original post the one way trip in not an option re messing with internal flights and time away from home re doggy daycare.

You are going to love it, Alaska is always one of my favorites, it is such an amazing experience. I have yet to sail Encore but she looks like a beautiful ship. Have a great sailing.

Edited by knight2096