All Things Virtuosa UK

Addicted2Ships

Hi Everyone,

I apologise in advance for a 'drink package' question. It's been some time since I first sailed with MSC on Divina in May 2019. (I know none of us have in 12 months).

A lot seems to have changed...

I am booked on Virtuosa in July on one of the newly released UK sailings. 

Is it possible to upgrade from the included Premium Package to Premium Plus if I wanted to, please?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Andy 🙂

• Addicted2Ships changed the title to Virtuosa UK - Drink Package Upgrade
1 hour ago, Addicted2Ships said:

Hi Everyone,

I apologise in advance for a 'drink package' question. It's been some time since I first sailed with MSC on Divina in May 2019. (I know none of us have in 12 months).

A lot seems to have changed...

I am booked on Virtuosa in July on one of the newly released UK sailings. 

Is it possible to upgrade from the included Premium Package to Premium Plus if I wanted to, please?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Andy 🙂

I'd be surprised if you couldn't do so.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Addicted2Ships said:

Found the Premium Plus upcharge. It was at the bottom of the list of my available upgrades. Feeling silly now! 🙂

Can I ask how much the upgrade costs? I booked the 3rd July Virtuosa sailing earlier this evening but did it by telephone with my TA and have not yet received the booking confirmation email.

6 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Can I ask how much the upgrade costs? I booked the 3rd July Virtuosa sailing earlier this evening but did it by telephone with my TA and have not yet received the booking confirmation email.

To upgrade from premium to premium plus £13 per person per night.

Premium plus

Book now all drinks by the glass, with no price limit! 
Includes all Premium Package drinks plus:
* All wines and champagne by the glass
* Connoisseurs' selection of spirits
* All cocktails and Champagne cocktails
* Minibar
* Drinks and Food from room service menu
* Drinks from theme bar menus
* 30% discount on bottles of wine and champagne from our wine lists

Premium 

Book now all drinks priced up to € 10! 
Includes all Easy Package drinks plus:
* Draught and bottled beers
* Wider selection of wines by the glass (sparkling, white-red-rosè)
* Wider selection of cocktails
* All Aperitifs (bitters and liqueurs)
* All Standard and Premium spirits
* Fresh fruit & vegetables cocktails
* Premium mineral water (75cl)

I do not know whether the Robot bar is covered by either package yet. I doubt it! 

Thank you for that. Not sure if we will upgrade tbh but it’s worth thinking about.

I also doubt the robot bar will be included. I can’t remember if it is on the Anthem, but I know it was amusing to watch the drinks being poured as half of the liquid was missing the glass! 😆

7 hours ago, CaroleC said:

For the UK sailings it's £91 to upgrade for 7 nights. 🙂

Screenshot_20210402-084949_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Addicted2Ships
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

and both in the cabin have to have it - so starting to push that overall cruise price even higher - and with these UK prices I didnt think that was possible lol

It's certainly hurt my wallet as a solo traveller. Just had to get on this new ship! And it fits my prebooked time off! 🙂

Edited by Addicted2Ships

Interesting that the upgrade does not show under the online my booking only selling the a new package. Does it take time to appear?

Also does it show the cost of a thermal pass. Under my booking only shows 3 massage options?

Edited by Stu UK

7 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Interesting that the upgrade does not show under my booking only selling the a new package. Does it take time to appear?

Also does it show the cost of a thermal pass. Under my booking only shows 3 massage options?

I thought the same. Go to 'Plan My Cruise', go to 'Beverages' and scroll to the bottom. It SHOULD be there. 🙂

Same here for massage.

Edited by Addicted2Ships

6 minutes ago, Addicted2Ships said:

I thought the same. Go to 'Plan My Cruise', go to 'Beverages' and scroll to the bottom. It SHOULD be there. 🙂

Same here for massage.

Nope not there yet. Looks like they need to push some buttons behind the scenes. Will check in a few days. Mine shoes like this. 

DA929ABF-8B72-4108-A7D7-7DCE9A63499A.png

1 minute ago, Stu UK said:

Nope not there yet. Looks like they need to push some buttons behind the scenes. Will check in a few days. Mine shoes like this

Maybe I wasn't going quite as mad as I thought and it had later trickled through last night. Hopefully it updates soon for you. 🙂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Premium plus

* Minibar

I do not know whether the Robot bar is covered by either package yet. I doubt it! 

On the basis of the following, for Premium Plus, the Robot Bar may be...it's a theme bar...

3 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Thank you for that. Not sure if we will upgrade tbh but it’s worth thinking about.

I also doubt the robot bar will be included. I can’t remember if it is on the Anthem, but I know it was amusing to watch the drinks being poured as half of the liquid was missing the glass! 😆

If Robbie the Robot is anything like Zoe.......it could be interesting what you end up with ...! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CaroleC said:

I'm doing it for Hendricks gin, mini bar drinks/snacks and room service. Worth it to me, as long as charges don't appear on my account like on Divina 😉

Edited by Addicted2Ships

6 hours ago, little britain said:

Premium plus

* Minibar

Premium 

Book now all drinks priced up to € 10! 
Includes all Easy Package drinks plus:
* Draught and bottled beers
* Wider selection of wines by the glass (sparkling, white-red-rosè)
* Wider selection of cocktails
* All Aperitifs (bitters and liqueurs)
* All Standard and Premium spirits
* Fresh fruit & vegetables cocktails
* Premium mineral water (75cl)

Hello,

I have booked 12th June and am waiting for TA to do his bit in booking 10th July for me.

Looking at your posting of the drinks list I see no mention of coffee. OK it was years ago, but the coffee then in the MDR was the single most foul and disgusting creosote I have ever come across at sea and was a disgrace to be called 'Italian'. Another guy on my table thought the same so always asked for 'Nescaf' and got a typical sachet of instant. Rant over - is specialty coffee covered?

Regards,

Cublet

Cannot be consumed in signature venues (Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop, Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato, MSC Starship Club).

So the robot bar is definitely excluded, not sure if that's all of the specialty coffee options.

4 hours ago, Wedgeh said:

Cannot be consumed in signature venues (Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop, Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato, MSC Starship Club).

So the robot bar is definitely excluded, not sure if that's all of the specialty coffee options.

This leads me on to another few questions I have...

I am 99.9% sure that coffee was included at Lavazza on Divina. I had Premium Plus last time for the same reasons I'm getting it this time. 

Am I confusing the name of the coffee shop/bar on Divina?

And, as coffee is not included at Lavazza, has anyone been on Mergaviglia or another ship who can tell me if there is somewhere a decent coffee can be grabbed, apart from Speciality Restaurants? 

Edit - I now see it's called Caffe Italia on Divina. Has this changed?

Thanks 🙂

Screenshot_20210402-181356_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Addicted2Ships

7 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I have booked 12th June and am waiting for TA to do his bit in booking 10th July for me.

Looking at your posting of the drinks list I see no mention of coffee. OK it was years ago, but the coffee then in the MDR was the single most foul and disgusting creosote I have ever come across at sea and was a disgrace to be called 'Italian'. Another guy on my table thought the same so always asked for 'Nescaf' and got a typical sachet of instant. Rant over - is specialty coffee covered?

Regards,

Cublet

We used to get fancy coffees at the Edge bar on Grandiosa but all bars have coffee machines for Lattes, Cappuccino, espresso. 
We had a coffee package  before they changed the drinks packages on Meraviglia and were ticked off we couldn’t get one of the fancy coffees in the chocolate shop cafe , I nearly asked for a refund of our package until a bar supervisor directed me to the equivalent of the Edge bar . We like those yummy coffees , so sickly though 

Pic from Meraviglia . 

41869979-C967-4C79-856A-6062ED9EFB3F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

We used to get fancy coffees at the Edge bar on Grandiosa but all bars have coffee machines for Lattes, Cappuccino, espresso.

Excellent, that's a relief, thank you so much! It's good you can actually get bottled water with MSC on drink packages, too! 🙂

I wouldn't have been too happy if I'd bought a coffee package either.

2 minutes ago, Addicted2Ships said:

Excellent, that's a relief, thank you so much! It's good you can actually get bottled water with MSC on drink packages, too! 🙂

I wouldn't have been too happy if I'd bought a coffee package either.

Italians like to sit in a bar having coffee after dinner rather than around the dining table . We thought it strange not to be offered coffee on our first MSC cruise but now enjoy finding our favourite bar and having after dinner coffees and brandy while people watching . 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

Italians like to sit in a bar having coffee after dinner rather than around the dining table . We thought it strange not to be offered coffee on our first MSC cruise but now enjoy finding our favourite bar and having after dinner coffees and brandy while people watching . 

I will be looking for a double shot latte a few mornings by the sounds of things. The Attic Club seems similar to the nightclub on Divina. Had great fun at the Neon Night in there! Not usually nightclub person on land anymore, but when in Rome... or Portland 😄

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Addicted2Ships said:

I will be looking for a double shot latte a few mornings by the sounds of things. The Attic Club seems similar to the nightclub on Divina. Had great fun at the Neon Night in there! Not usually nightclub person on land anymore, but when in Rome... or Portland 😄

Same here , you will find me at all the late night parties , white night, flower power night,  anything where there is music and dancing I am in . In my head I still think I am in my thirties until I catch a reflection in the pool deck window 😆
On Grandiosa they had a Space Odyssey night on the Galleria , fab night .

EDF2A57B-26AB-4FCC-BF4A-1123C41201FA.jpeg

6F203E0E-C07F-42E2-A04D-D4E2FBBC1E56.jpeg

14 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

We had a coffee package  before they changed the drinks packages on Meraviglia and were ticked off we couldn’t get one of the fancy coffees in the chocolate shop cafe , I nearly asked for a refund of our package until a bar supervisor directed me to the equivalent of the Edge bar . We like those yummy coffees , so sickly though 

Pic from Meraviglia . 

41869979-C967-4C79-856A-6062ED9EFB3F.jpeg

Oh yes, can’t wait! 😋😋😋