Has anyone received any Blue Chips offers on the return cruises? Told the 6/5 Millie isn't offered to BCC

NutsAboutGolf

11 hours ago, FastandFurious said:

In retrospect my comment about “just a veranda” sounds snobby and that was not my intention. We have been very fortunate to have cruised a lot and are admittedly spoiled. But we are both very much senior citizens and don’t tolerate long haul as much we used to be able to. I think I was influenced by another post that indicated that as a result of a dummy booking on one Apex cruise there were still something like 95 Sky Suites left so that was my target. I did ask about paying for an upgrade: not possible. Yes Aqua is nice ( I think however same cabin size ) But if I went into the PG not fully clothed I’d be harpooned so that is not a benefit. In summary a comped or upgrade Sky Suite would have overcome our hesitation to taking this journey. Especially where a false positive at disembarkation would extend our trip by ??? Days. My pet/house sitting costs would be astronomical.

No offense was intended. I was just pointing out that on some comped cruises, when offered a veranda cabin, we were able to upgrade to Aq, which my wife is a fan. Our offers for the Millie was for an Aq cabin, and did not ask for an upgrade as i have no interest in traveling that far

for such a short cruise.( long flight both ways)

it is amazing what it costs to have your pets boarded.

Arzeena and any other fellow cruisers who received a discounted rate thru the Blue Chip Club and received Cruise Care. How long ago did you book? 
Like how much of a discount did you get?

We were told we couldn’t get cruise care because of our discounted fare.

Any help would be appreciated.

So I just got first offer in over 2 years (email).  My last offer was for summer cruise(s) on the Equinox in 2019.  I can attest that it IS possible to be happy and sad at the same time!

The offer is for a comped Veranda on the Millennium sailings from St. Maarten this summer with pretty much every date offered June 5 through August 14th.    It is so nice to get an offer but sadly there is no way I could (or would) take them up on it as I want to wait a bit longer for things to settle out and more importantly I am in Canada and like many places we have a lot of local and international travel restrictions in place; add to that my not even having access to a vaccine shot yet and they are spacing our first and second shots by 15 weeks so 'fully vaccinated' is a distant unknown and likely not until late summer.

Edited by poffles

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Being persistent pays off. We were still scratching our heads with the BCC area saying they couldn’t insure our cruise with Cruise Care because we got a discounted rate.

I told DW let me call and talk to Captains Club there has to be a mixup. Granted we could have looked elsewhere but after being transferred to someone in the know on Celebrity cruise insurance. They said if you are comped a FREE cruise they won’t insure but seeing how we payed a discounted rate they could so we did the cruise care insurance through Celebrity. Our BCC rep screwed up telling us no. We may have to up the evacuation and medical. Looks super low to me but we will call ION the cruise insurer to find out.