Oceania Air

do it again

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Thank you Orv and LHT -  I can always count on getting good advice on this forum.

We are booked on the Miami to Venice, March 2022.

We always want to be in the embarkation city at least a day ahead. My thoughts are if we book the Oceania hotel for the "night before" in Miami, the money saved on the waived deviation fee ($249 pp cdn) plus the free transfer airport to hotel, plus the free transfer hotel to ship, will make up the inflated price of the hotel. As well it will allow us to stay in Italy with a deviated air home.

If it's the March 19 on Marina I don't see a Oceania hotel choice for Miami. 

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Thank you Orv and LHT -  I can always count on getting good advice on this forum.

We are booked on the Miami to Venice, March 2022.

We always want to be in the embarkation city at least a day ahead. My thoughts are if we book the Oceania hotel for the "night before" in Miami, the money saved on the waived deviation fee ($249 pp cdn) plus the free transfer airport to hotel, plus the free transfer hotel to ship, will make up the inflated price of the hotel. As well it will allow us to stay in Italy with a deviated air home.

Do the math & see what works best for you

We book a hotel for about  $250 p n USD (not  a 5* but it works"..taxi to the hotel $30  USD taxi to the port $15 USD

Deviation fee $350 for 2  = approx $645  

VS

Oceania hotel  $$  USD  PP  includes transfers /deviation fee

42 minutes ago, ORV said:

If it's the March 19 on Marina I don't see a Oceania hotel choice for Miami. 

I see in Dec they use  the Miami East   at $519 PP  USD

I have left it to my TA who has said she will book 1 night - either Miami or Venice - depending which is more reasonable. She is quite confident that she can come up with a better price than Oceania for Miami. Lol. She has booked one night in Venice at an Oceania hotel which can easily be cancelled.

$519 pp US  in December - lol - wow. Rate online for March 19 is $700 us for 2.

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice for April 14 is $350 us for 2. 

3 hours ago, Robjame said:

Rate online for March 19 is $700 us for 2.

Yes better to book your own  I am sure a taxi to the airport  will not be  more than 100E  for a water taxi

The Oceania price   for your cruise stay at the same hotel is  $679 PP

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/grand-voyage-cruises/miami-to-venice-MNA220319A/hotels/?sr=%2fcruise-finder%2f%23time_frame%3d2022-3%26marketing_region%3dtransoceanic%26ship%3dMNA%26sort%3dfeatured%3adesc%26page%3d1%26pageSize%3d10

You could probably book the Intercontinental in Miami  at a good rate  cheaper than O

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robjame said:

I have left it to my TA who has said she will book 1 night - either Miami or Venice - depending which is more reasonable. She is quite confident that she can come up with a better price than Oceania for Miami. Lol. She has booked one night in Venice at an Oceania hotel which can easily be cancelled.

$519 pp US  in December - lol - wow. Rate online for March 19 is $700 us for 2.

What you're seeing is exactly why most regulars would say that it's always cheaper to do it yourself. You are paying quite a premium to have Oceania handle all the details for you. I'm retired, I have plenty of time to figure it out myself, actually I kind of like doing it. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 5