Cabins under the Solarium

Hello all! 

I'm contemplating a cabin switch to deck 13 for next year's Odyssey cruise.  That's right below the pool deck, which has always been a no-go for me. However, this cabin would be below the Solarium, so I'm guessing the noise factor wouldn't be as much of an issue--both because of the operating hours and because of no kids.  Can anyone with sub-Solarium experience confirm or deny? 

Thanks in advance. 🙂

13 minutes ago, Ashland said:

It's the crew that moves the deck chairs around that makes the noise early morning. 

Oops, I should have specified ... I'm up and out of the cabin before 6:00 every morning, so that isn't so much of a concern.  But I suppose *people* can drag around deck chairs whenever, so that's a good point!

6 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

I don't recall seeing carts in the solarium ... what kind of carts are we talking about?

bartenders and the little cafe that is in the solarium..also the bathroom attendants roll mops and carts of their cleaning supplies..

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

I don't recall seeing carts in the solarium ... what kind of carts are we talking about?

The carts with heavy wet towels

going across the tile floors it sounded like a 707 taking off

But this was on the Rhapsody 

Edited by jonbgd
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, coachmike1959 said:

bartenders and the little cafe that is in the solarium..also the bathroom attendants roll mops and carts of their cleaning supplies..

2 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

The carts with heavy wet towels

going across the tile floors it sounded like a 707 taking off

Yikes, that doesn't sound fun! Good thing I asked. 😉 

Thank you both for your input!

45 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Oops, I should have specified ... I'm up and out of the cabin before 6:00 every morning, so that isn't so much of a concern.  But I suppose *people* can drag around deck chairs whenever, so that's a good point!

I'd avoid if possible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a room below the sun deck on Freedom. Quiet as can be all day even with people up there. 3-4 am was the worst when the moved the chairs around to wash the deck. The worst thing was they didn't even open the deck till 11am so there was no real reason to do this in the middle of the night. 

5 minutes ago, Robo1098 said:

I had a room below the sun deck on Freedom. Quiet as can be all day even with people up there. 3-4 am was the worst when the moved the chairs around to wash the deck. The worst thing was they didn't even open the deck till 11am so there was no real reason to do this in the middle of the night. 

This is the usual time when the crew does their job up on deck...so no surprise at the time frame.