NCL announces outside of US cruises for July/August,

oteixeira

41 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

According to their website, they will try and book you on flights for up to 2 days before or after if you request it.

If you're paying to fly in a day or two early they BETTER book you on flights to meet that request, no "try" about it.

1 minute ago, hallux said:

If you're paying to fly in a day or two early they BETTER book you on flights to meet that request, no "try" about it.

They may not be able to. You don't select your flights ahead of time and aren't guaranteed anything.

Round Trip flights for the 2 of us were $899 total. Cheapest option without them was double that, and involved a full day layover. It was 3 times that for the flights we got. 

7 hours ago, idiebabe said:

Thank you for the info! 😀 

NCL will allow a you to fly in up to 2 days prior to the cruise and fly home up to 2 days after the cruise.  You pay a $25 deviation fee on each end if you choose to do it.  If you want a specific airline or time then you need to decline and book your own flight.  Also, if you have more than one cabin flying together, you can pay an additional charge to travel together.  This will insure you are on the same flight. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tumblew467 said:

Well it is true per the CDC.

On August 3, 2020, CDC updated its isolation guidance based on the latest science about COVID-19 showing that people can continue to test positive for up to 3 months after diagnosis and not be infectious to others

And a update from the CDC Feb 13 2021--Recovered patients can continue to have SARS-CoV-2 RNA detected in their upper respiratory specimens for up to 12 weeks after symptom onset.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/s0814-updated-isolation-guidance.html#:~:text=On August 3%2C 2020%2C CDC,not be infectious to others.

Keep reading. It doesn't say what you think it does. It actually makes my argument for me. 😊

8 hours ago, BOAZ5 said:

Also, if you have more than one cabin flying together, you can pay an additional charge to travel together.  This will insure you are on the same flight. 

This must be new.  When I sailed in Oct. 2019 my TA just linked the two cabins for the purposes of flights and there was no additional charge assessed..

8 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Keep reading. It doesn't say what you think it does. It actually makes my argument for me. 😊

I don't understand You mentioned you never heard of anyone testing pos  for 3-5 months. Its right here on the CDC website that you can test + for up to 3 months but not be contagious.

5 hours ago, tumblew467 said:

I don't understand You mentioned you never heard of anyone testing pos  for 3-5 months. Its right here on the CDC website that you can test + for up to 3 months but not be contagious.

Right, I literally said I've never heard of someone testing positive for 3-5 months and the article YOU posted says "UP TO 3 months." UP to isn't the same as EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN. Really? 🙄

And frankly, I don't give a rat's patootie if there ARE a handful of people who tested positive a YEAR after. They're irrelevant, statistically speaking. And furthermore, TESTING positive means nothing if the individual tested has no ACTIVE virus in his system, because he's NO RISK to anyone.

23 hours ago, BOAZ5 said:

NCL will allow a you to fly in up to 2 days prior to the cruise and fly home up to 2 days after the cruise.  You pay a $25 deviation fee on each end if you choose to do it.  If you want a specific airline or time then you need to decline and book your own flight.  Also, if you have more than one cabin flying together, you can pay an additional charge to travel together.  This will insure you are on the same flight. 

Thank you!  😀

7 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

And furthermore, TESTING positive means nothing if the individual tested has no ACTIVE virus in his system, because he's NO RISK to anyone.

Except that distinguishing between an asymptomatic, active, contagious infection and someone that has had and recovered from the virus and still tests positive is not easily done...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hallux said:

Except that distinguishing between an asymptomatic, active, contagious infection and someone that has had and recovered from the virus and still tests positive is not easily done...

I think that comes down to the individual. In my case it was: felt symptoms, got tested, was positive, isolated for 10 days, tested positive again (but not infectious according to my Dr), tested again 3 weeks later and negative. Now vaccinated. Not a threat. It's worth mentioning that many airlines and other entities are accepting BOTH people who've been vaccinated AND the recently recovered from Covid-19. Back in January when I recovered, I got two letters to that effect, one from my Dr and the other from the local health department, just in case I needed to travel. I wish people who insist on 100% vaccinations OR ELSE would understand that's only 1/2 correct, but I recognize that a lot of people say things online that simply aren't true and I can't stop them.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:21 PM, DCGuy64 said:

Right, I literally said I've never heard of someone testing positive for 3-5 months and the article YOU posted says "UP TO 3 months." UP to isn't the same as EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN. Really? 🙄

And frankly, I don't give a rat's patootie if there ARE a handful of people who tested positive a YEAR after. They're irrelevant, statistically speaking. And furthermore, TESTING positive means nothing if the individual tested has no ACTIVE virus in his system, because he's NO RISK to anyone.

Well, I know of people personally who were vaccinated in the last 2 months that have come down with covid since being vaccinated. So it does happen and yes testing positive for up to 3 months. Testing positive after you have had covid and not being transmissible  is relevant. For those traveling and have to have a neg test prior to boarding. But we all have our opinions.

16 minutes ago, tumblew467 said:

Well, I know of people personally who were vaccinated in the last 2 months that have come down with covid since being vaccinated. So it does happen and yes testing positive for up to 3 months. Testing positive after you have had covid and not being transmissible  is relevant. For those traveling and have to have a neg test prior to boarding. But we all have our opinions.

All the more reason to rely on statistical data rather than individual anecdotes. And the DATA suggest that VERY, VERY few people who've been vaccinated subsequently come down with Covid. Not enough to worry about or keep lockdowns in place forever. I trust the science.

On 4/7/2021 at 8:13 AM, hallux said:

This must be new.  When I sailed in Oct. 2019 my TA just linked the two cabins for the purposes of flights and there was no additional charge assessed..

It is a new option.  Previously, NCL wouldn't guarantee that your party would all be on the same flight.  One of our cruises that was cancelled last summer had our three cabins flying in on 3 different flights even though our reservations were linked. 

On 4/6/2021 at 7:58 PM, hallux said:

You don't pay to deviate with the free air promotion:

Deviation Requests:

• Deviation requests up to 2 days pre/post cruise will be credited $25 USD per person per deviation for guests 1 and 3-8 on the reservation. No other deviation requests will be permitted.
  • Deviation credit is non-refundable and non-transferable.

9 hours ago, hallux said:

@Nola26 huh, that's a $50 PP difference from what it was in 2019.  It cost $25 to fly in a day early back then...

@hallux

Agreed, we paid the $25 fee in 2019 for our Barcelona trip. Our now canceled 2021 Pearl cruise listed the $25 credit for our deviation. What I posted earlier is directly from ncl.com, things have changed.

Edited by Nola26