Eurodam makes the start with 7-night cruises out of Piraeus, Athens this summer!

@Kwaj girl When they tried to move me to the 2022 sailing for a cruise I told them no, please either refund or reinstate my FCC.  They did not argue.   You should be covered by the cruise with confidence program which allows you to cancel up to 30? days from cruising.  Somewhere in my documents I have a copy of the old Cruise with Confidence plan which may apply to you.

Edited by Mary229

7 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

hope Eurodam will offer more destinations than the usual Rhodes, Santorini, Mykonos, Crete as these places with all the recent announced itineraries of other companies will certaintly be overcrowded.

Agree. 

What about Croatia?  They have been open on and off to travelers...

Or NE Greece -- Thessaloniki, Kavala, Volos?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Agree. 

What about Croatia?  They have been open on and off to travelers...

Or NE Greece -- Thessaloniki, Kavala, Volos?

Croatia does not accept ships from Italy, Greece and other countris. So it's actually not possible to visit this year. NE Greece, a great idea. But usually these ports went in the same itineraries as Istanbul which is closed.

• Like 1

I believe that all cruise lines that have Seattle Alaska sailings are still hoping they can pull it off which is why July, August and September Seattle Alaska has not been canceled by HAL, Princess, NCL, Celebrity and Carnival. Eurodam sailings can easily be replaced with Nieuw Amsterdam, everyone can keep the same cabin numbers IF cruise lines can get the OK. The Oosterdam that was also to sail out of Seattle is in Europe and that could be easily replaced with Noordam, Westerdam or Zuiderdam that are all sailing in the Pacific. Unknown to any of us there must be something the cruise lines know that they still think they can salvage a few weeks of Alaska.

It makes sense for HAL to use the Eurodam for a few weeks doing Greece. There tends to be penned up demand and those that currently are selling Greece are doing well so it makes sense for HAL to jump on the band wagon.

Now the question is what about Northern Europe?? Nieuw Statendam final is due in a few days for July 11th sailing and so far crickets from HAL. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Uh-oh....I have a family of 26 paid-in-full for Alaska  7/3/21 roundtrip from Seattle.  We kinda know it won't sail but HAL required final payment last Sunday!  😡

According to the Holland America website, since all  Alaskan cruises have been cancelled for this year,  all have been transferred to 2022 at the same price as you will have paid for this year.  You should have received a booking notification.  If not, call  your travel agent, your Personal Cruise Consultant at Holland America if you have one. Be sure to give them your booking number.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Croatia does not accept ships from Italy, Greece and other countris. So it's actually not possible to visit this year. NE Greece, a great idea. But usually these ports went in the same itineraries as Istanbul which is closed.

If they are limited to a 7-day cruise I could easily see a NE Greece trip without Istanbul -- for example:

Piraeus -- At Sea -- Thessaloniki -- Cruising Mt. Athos/Kavala -- Volos (for Meteora)-- At Sea -- Nauplion (for Mycenae/Epidauros) -- Piraeus

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Today it was Eurodam's turn to be registered in the official schedule of Piraeus, Athens port.

7-night cruises from the 23rd of July until the 29th of October 2021.

Does anyone know yet when these will go on sale?

15 minutes ago, xLibLabLady said:

According to the Holland America website, since all  Alaskan cruises have been cancelled for this year,  all have been transferred to 2022 at the same price as you will have paid for this year.  You should have received a booking notification.  If not, call  your travel agent, your Personal Cruise Consultant at Holland America if you have one. Be sure to give them your booking number.

Only for cruises thru JUNE.  Theh are going in July and as of this afternoon HAL is still saying they hope it's a "go."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kwaj girl said:

Only for cruises thru JUNE.  Theh are going in July and as of this afternoon HAL is still saying they hope it's a "go."

If your cruise is a "go" MAYBE they are working out some sort of special arrangement with the Canadian government.   

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, xLibLabLady said:

If your cruise is a "go" MAYBE they are working out some sort of special arrangement with the Canadian government.   

Good luck!

My bet is "Cancelled" but they are just holding out 'til the last minute.

16 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Does anyone know yet when these will go on sale?

I see nothing at HAL or the CCL website, nor a new search here and abroad.  I assume the OP has access to some local source. Hopefully she will come back.  

22 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Piraeus -- At Sea -- Thessaloniki -- Cruising Mt. Athos/Kavala -- Volos (for Meteora)-- At Sea -- Nauplion (for Mycenae/Epidauros) -- Piraeus

Is this itinerary appealing enough to spend the money for airfare to get to/from Athens on top of whatever the cruise fare will be?  

26 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

After reviewing another thread and this information released today by CCL I think there may be some confusion.    There is no mention of HAL in this 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-corporation-plc-provides-first-quarter-2021-business-0

8 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I see nothing at HAL or the CCL website, nor a new search here and abroad.  I assume the OP has access to some local source. Hopefully she will come back.  

According to the OP, the Eurodam is showing up today as being registered officially  with the port of Pireaus from late July to end of October every 7 days. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

According to the OP, the Eurodam is showing up today as being registered officially  with the port of Pireaus from late July to end of October every 7 days. 

Did you see this

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-corporation-plc-provides-first-quarter-2021-business-0

I think there may be some confusion 

7 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I do not see any confusion if the Eurodam is registered at Piraeus for the summer. The above release says Holland America will be offering land based tours  of Alaska nothing about cruises.

Here is the quote if you missed it 

"In addition, this summer Holland America Line and Princess Cruises expect to offer land-based vacation options for travelers to experience Alaska through a combination of tours, lodging and sightseeing."

Edited by terrydtx

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

Is this itinerary appealing enough to spend the money for airfare to get to/from Athens on top of whatever the cruise fare will be?  

Well...let's say HAL offers two different itineraries. One similar to what I laid out above and another that goes the other direction, maybe:

Piraeus -- Monemvasia (tender port) -- At Sea -- Katakolon (Olympia) -- Corfu -- Kefalonia or Zakynthos -- At Sea -- Piraeus

Then assume HAL will not allow BTB cruises, so you can do a little island hopping in between cruises, let's say to Mykonos, Naxos, maybe Santorini...

Yep, I could make a go of it. 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

I do not see any confusion if the Eurdam is registered at Pireaus for the summer. The above release says Holland America will be offering land based tours only of Alaska nothing about cruises.

It is the Seabourn Encore that is sailing Greece this summer.  There is nothing in today’s  press release about the Eurodam 

Here is the section of the press release that mentions cruises

• Cumulative advanced bookings for full year 2022 are ahead of a very strong 2019, despite minimal advertising or marketing.
  • Six of the company's nine brands are expected to resume limited guest cruise operations by this summer.
    • AIDA resumed guest cruise operations in March sailing in the Canary Islands.
    • Costa expects to resume guest cruise operations in May sailing to Italian ports.
    • P&O Cruises (UK), Cunard and Princess Cruises will each offer a series of UK cruises this summer.
    • Seabourn expects to resume guest cruise operations this summer sailing from Greece.

9 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Here is the section of the press release that mentions cruises

• Cumulative advanced bookings for full year 2022 are ahead of a very strong 2019, despite minimal advertising or marketing.
  • Six of the company's nine brands are expected to resume limited guest cruise operations by this summer.
    • AIDA resumed guest cruise operations in March sailing in the Canary Islands.
    • Costa expects to resume guest cruise operations in May sailing to Italian ports.
    • P&O Cruises (UK), Cunard and Princess Cruises will each offer a series of UK cruises this summer.
    • Seabourn expects to resume guest cruise operations this summer sailing from Greece.

That press release also says that Princess and HAL will only be doing land based Alaska tours, nothing about cruise ships as part of the tours. With the Eurodam being anchored currently in  the UK it is very doubtful HAL will sail her empty to Alaska this summer. The move to Greece makes much more sense financially. The Westerdam is currently on the west coast of the US so it is very doubtful she will sail empty to the Mediterranean for this summer.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

That press release also says that Princess and HAL will only be doing land based Alaska tours, nothing about cruise ships as part of the tours. With the Eurodam being anchored currently in  the UK it is very doubtful HAL will sail her empty to Alaska this summer. The move to Greece makes much more sense financially. 

Then WHY did HAL request dining seating arrangements for this group TODAY?

False expectations? 

Just now, terrydtx said:

That press release also says that Princess and HAL will only be doing land based Alaska tours, nothing about cruise ships as part of the tours. With the Eurodam being anchored currently in  the UK it is very doubtful HAL will sail her empty to Alaska this summer. The move to Greece makes much more sense financially. 

Yes Europe would be a much better idea for cash flow. I am not sure of the openness of the ports.  Greece has announced they are open and some countries have announced they are open for their citizens only, Italy has said they want to be open but I don’t think they are officially open.  

I think the Caribbean and Mexico will be open and the Alaska contingent could go there.  I think those places will be busy for American tourists also since they are close. 

1 minute ago, Kwaj girl said:

Then WHY did HAL request dining seating arrangements for this group TODAY?

False expectations? 

I would stay the course on your plans until you get some official word.