Arcadia - Canada - J114 (October)

white_bear

According to this link there's no chance of this cruise taking place, along with Aurora's September cruise, which my wife and I are booked on.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/5862/

To save opening the link, I've quoted the two relevant paragraphs:

"(Updataed 6:24 p.m. EST) -- Transport Canada extended its sweeping ban on the cruise industry Thursday by continuing its order prohibiting cruise vessels in all Canadian waters until February 28, 2022.
The orders, which were originally issued last spring and extended several times since, were announced by Minister of Transport Omar Alghabra. The orders prohibit any cruise vessel carrying more than 100 or more people from operating in Canadian waters, effectively cancelling the 2021 Alaska and Canada New England seasons for all but small, U.S.-flagged vessels."

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bjenk said:

Extended to 27th July now.

I'm confused by your extension?  If P&O are saying 30 days before sailing, your balance due date should be sometime in September?

Edited by jeanlyon

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I'm confused by your extension?  If P&O are saying 30 days before sailing, your balance due date should be sometime in September?

Maybe some agents are so inefficient that they need 6 weeks to transfer money from their account to P&O. Or could they be ‘time shifting’ their payments to assist their cash flow?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Maybe some agents are so inefficient that they need 6 weeks to transfer money from their account to P&O. Or could they be ‘time shifting’ their payments to assist their cash flow?

You could be right.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

The Canada/US cruises were due to sail in September Jean.  During the first week for Aurora and a week or so later for Arcadia.  An agent would want the cash earlier to allow time for it to be paid over.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tring said:

The Canada/US cruises were due to sail in September Jean.  During the first week for Aurora and a week or so later for Arcadia.  An agent would want the cash earlier to allow time for it to be paid over.

Yes sorry, the heading says October!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, marty98 said:

Just had my cancellation notification for this cruise. No apology or information but at least I now can move on

Not without time, but would appear it is only cancelled because all cruises on Aurora and Arcadia are being cancelled until next spring.   Apart from Britannia and Iona, which will be up and running over the summer, the other ships have delayed starts to their autumn and winter schedules on the other P&O threads.

Good to hear you now have certainty and can make oher plans if you wish to do so.

Barbara