Officers and crew on NCL ships 2021; "Where are They Now"

casofilia

22 hours ago, jemz1949 said:

Current list of officers/staff for the Getaway?  Butlers and Bartenders in the Haven?

I have previously listed the officers.  The Haven:  Concierge is David Contreras. In my humble opinion, he is the best of the best in concierges.  

we have many that we love, but he is the cream on the top.  Asst to him is Ivan - also great.  Bartenders were Christian (AMAZING), Lester and Anna.  They are a great team.  Hostess is Mary & asst is Janet.  Both are great.

Waiters/waitresses - these change many times between cruises, but ours were very good.  None stood out as a WOW, but they were all attentive & knew us by name and knew our likes and dislikes.  Our Butler was Hipo - very attentive and seemed to know what we needed.  Other Butlers (some of them) were Rickie and Leon.  I did not write down names, so the rest have skipped my mind.

Judy

• Like 1

19 hours ago, casofilia said:

@Lauren Spray

Hello Lauri

You are absolutely correct!!

If you would like to read  some comments look at https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/norwegian-ncl-norwegian-spirit-africa-cruises_cl24-sh299-de158/mra/

Mike

Yes, Mike I read some reviews.  Total failure on the part of NCL and the senior staff.  I am so sorry that this happened to passengers who had planned the cruise of a lifetime.  NCL could have/should have done better.  We hope to be on the 2022 sailing with you to Capetown .  I am following the 2021 thread to see how things are being handled.  There is a lot of passenger uncertainty and anxiety about "go-not go" and NCL seems to remain silent, so I do not see a great improvement in passenger communication pre-cruise.  Hopefully, the cruise line will learn from the 2020 fiasco.  

It has been a long time  since I have seen any mention of Executive Housekeeper  Nicolas Christoper (Wright). or Vik Parthasarthy  F&B DIrector.  They were always friendly faces on the Gem.

7 hours ago, Travel Junkie Judy said:

I have previously listed the officers.  The Haven:  Concierge is David Contreras. In my humble opinion, he is the best of the best in concierges.  

we have many that we love, but he is the cream on the top.  Asst to him is Ivan - also great.  Bartenders were Christian (AMAZING), Lester and Anna.  They are a great team.  Hostess is Mary & asst is Janet.  Both are great.

Waiters/waitresses - these change many times between cruises, but ours were very good.  None stood out as a WOW, but they were all attentive & knew us by name and knew our likes and dislikes.  Our Butler was Hipo - very attentive and seemed to know what we needed.  Other Butlers (some of them) were Rickie and Leon.  I did not write down names, so the rest have skipped my mind.

Judy

@Lauren Spray

Hello Lauri

If you are "confined to barracks", "bored to death" or whatever.   Here are the UHLs for the three cruises on the Spirit last year.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2577342-ncl-spirit-%E2%80%9Darabian-odyssey%E2%80%9D-february-11-2020-march-2-2020/?tab=comments#comment-55565852

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2578114-ncl-spirit-march-2-2020-dubai-to-cape-town/?tab=comments#comment-55582771

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2581242-norwegian-spirit-march-22-2020-cape-town-to-singapore/?tab=comments#comment-55647734

I'm sure there is plenty in them about the officers on the Spirit last year!!   Happy reading.   VBG

Mike

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

@Lauren Spray

Hello Lauri

If you are "confined to barracks", "bored to death" or whatever.   Here are the UHLs for the three cruises on the Spirit last year.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2577342-ncl-spirit-%E2%80%9Darabian-odyssey%E2%80%9D-february-11-2020-march-2-2020/?tab=comments#comment-55565852

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2578114-ncl-spirit-march-2-2020-dubai-to-cape-town/?tab=comments#comment-55582771

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2581242-norwegian-spirit-march-22-2020-cape-town-to-singapore/?tab=comments#comment-55647734

I'm sure there is plenty in them about the officers on the Spirit last year!!   Happy reading.   VBG

Mike

Bored to death is the truth.  My antidote is to book a new cruise - NCL Bliss to the Mexican Riviera over New Year's.  I feel so much better now!

I hope conditions improve for you to leave NZ and to sail to the wonderful places on your itinerary.  Sounds great.  It has been a long time for the 2 of you "confined to barracks".  But you want to travel safely.  Just think how great it will be for you and Pauline to step aboard the ship.  A lot can change between now and then.  All for the good, I pray.

13 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

LOVE Christina and have not sailed with her for TOO long!  Wish she was on the Breakaway....oh well, one day soon...

They are a blast and so much fun when they are on the same ship. My last cruise on Encore Nov 2019 was the last time I saw them both. Hopefully they will be on Prima next year when I go in October.

We were on the 9/11 and 9/18 Encore voyages, so some of these may have changed since then.

Captain - Martin Holmqvist

Staff Captain - Simone Croci

Chief Engineer - Rino Belan (first week), Marijan Pleslic (second week)

General Manager - Marc Spijkerboer

Does anyone know where Deepak Punia (general manager) is now. He had been on Encore earlier this year. Before shutdown was on the Escape. He is the BEST!

1 hour ago, luvthebeach703 said:

We were on the 9/11 and 9/18 Encore voyages, so some of these may have changed since then.

Captain - Martin Holmqvist

Staff Captain - Simone Croci

Chief Engineer - Rino Belan (first week), Marijan Pleslic (second week)

General Manager - Marc Spijkerboer

Does anyone know where Deepak Punia (general manager) is now. He had been on Encore earlier this year. Before shutdown was on the Escape. He is the BEST!

Probably on vacation, he was there earlier this season.  Vacations are happening so that the "A" Team will be back on board for the holidays.

46 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Probably on vacation, he was there earlier this season.  Vacations are happening so that the "A" Team will be back on board for the holidays.

That’s more than likely the fact. Marc filled in as GM before the shutdown, and apparently continues that role. 

Both Deepak and Marc are my good friends, and I can say without hesitation that both are terrific people and terrific GMs. I can also confirm that Deepak has not returned to the Escape in case anyone is thinking that. I’ll be on the Escape in November and already am in contact with its crew. 

2 hours ago, Shellbelle28 said:

Not for the 10/24/2021 sailing as far as I know. NCL told me it is Meyer Hanno. 

It’s actually Hanno Meyer. We had him on the Bliss in February of last year, just before everything shut down. He is very good, and very tall. 

• Like 2

Is John D'Souza scheduled after the 24th on the Bliss?  Met him so many years ago when he was a Butler , then he was on several other Ships as he moved up to Concierge.  He would see us and could not believe that he remembered us each time, even when we were not in his area!  

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't mind my photos of the staff management being upside down and sideways then this was at the buffet entrance on the epic for the 10/10/21 cruise. Uploaded from my phone, it doesn't sit right.

Omar was our concierge. Would love to have him again

IMG_20211014_173625_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211014_173616_HDR.jpg

Norwegian Breakaway, weeks of 10/17 and 10/24/2021. 

Captain - Andreas Karlstrom

Staff Captain - Piero Massa

Chief Engineer - Jerker Aakerman

GM - Errol Bailey

Assistant GM - Bir Singh Rana

Food & Beverage Dir - Mihaela Mocan

Executive Chef - Lloyd Anthony Johnson 

Restaurant Manager - Hernan Gonzalez

Beverage Manager - Adela Toskic

Executive Housekeeper - Carmencita Reid (first week), Olden Forbes(second week)

Cruise Director - Alvin Oliva

Guest Service Manager - Gina Yunzal

Cruise Next Manager - Taarun Shorey
Haven Concierge - Monica Fotache