Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda

CCWineLover

1 minute ago, JM0115 said:

We were told by the captain that the pilot would board at 6:30 am for 8 am docking. We will have to speed up as this was at noon going 11 knots and we were ~200 nautical miles from Bermuda at that time. Leaving 20 hrs to make it.

If you did not do this last week, please get up that early and go to forward Exploration lounge for the pilot pickup and the cruise into Hamilton. The sail in is fantastic - better than the sail out.

We are locals but got the kick out of both the sail out and in of Hamilton - amazing from the Bermudian's perceptive. I took about 100 pictures and some videos 😁

How's the sea? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

If you did not do this last week, please get up that early and go to forward Exploration lounge for the pilot pickup and the cruise into Hamilton. The sail in is fantastic - better than the sail out.

We are locals but got the kick out of both the sail out and in of Hamilton - amazing from the Bermudian's perceptive. I took about 100 pictures and some videos 😁

How's the sea? 

A bit rough. But not too bad.

On 9/9/2021 at 12:32 PM, bluesea777 said:

How's the sea? 

I see you have done a lot of NCL sailings, do you ever book in The Haven?  We were in a Spa Suite in The Haven on NCL Escape and will be there again Feb 26, 2022.  Also saw you had a cruise on Epic and it was cancelled.  That is probably one ship we will never cruise on again.  Did it once and didn't like it at all.  I see you were on it in 2012 I believe.

How's the sea? 

How's the sea? 

I see you have done a lot of NCL sailings, do you ever book in The Haven?  We were in a Spa Suite in The Haven on NCL Escape and will be there again Feb 26, 2022.  Also saw you had a cruise on Epic and it was cancelled.  That is probably one ship we will never cruise on again.  Did it once and didn't like it at all.  I see you were on it in 2012 I believe.

3 hours ago, aussie1944 said:

We were in Haven only once - on Breakaway - and it was an upgrade - we bid and won it. We had a great time there - loved it as it was DH’s 70th and the staff treated us very well. 

This said, we will never be able to book Haven full price unless we bid for an upgrade. 

For port intensive we book ocean view (obstructed) and for TAs mini-suite (now Club). Depends on ship and itinerary. 

As for Epic, we were okay with going on her again due to her departing from Southampton and stopping in Bermuda on way as we have personal effects in storage in the UK and wanted to bring some stuff home. It was NCL who cancelled it. ☹️