Neptune Suite ?

thepoint

It has been a lot time since we were on HAL.  We booked a Neptune Suite for a transatlantic for April 2022.   Is there a private dining room for Neptune Suite Guests on the Rotterdam?  Does the Neptune Lounge serve alcoholic beverages?  Thank you for your help.  

The Rotterdam SHOULD have a Club Orange (free for Neptunes) which is basically a private dining room.  Neptunes can also dine in the main dining room if they wish.  You can purchase drinks in the Neptune Lounge - only free beverages are juices, tea and water (milk in the morning).

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 1

There are no free alcoholic beverages available in the Neptune Lounge.  Lots of different snacks throughout the day and a decent continental breakfast can be obtained in the Lounge as well.  There is even a toaster available.

Personally, Club Orange is worth nothing, particularly if it is offered on a ship not designed to have a dedicated Club Orange dining room.  Club Orange was designed to be a revenue enhancer for those who choose to book such, in my opinion.  It really offered nothing of substantial substance as compared to another amenities offered by other cruise lines.    

11 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Personally, Club Orange is worth nothing, particularly if it is offered on a ship not designed to have a dedicated Club Orange dining room. 

OP is talking about sailing on the Rotterdam which, as a Pinnacle Class Ship should have it’s own Club Orange dedicated dining room.  There have been very good comments on the boards about the additional item available for dinner and the fresh breakfast there.

We are sailing (hopefully) on the Nieuw Statendam in December in a Neptune suite and really are looking forward to having dinner in the Club Orange venue, since it is a private area.  Same for breakfasts of course.  We figure that it will be much quieter and less hectic than the main dining room.

• Like 1

Thank you.  As I mentioned, it has been a long time since we sailed on HAL, but we have retained our 3 star status.  We switched to Celebrity because we were getting a lot more for the money.  Suite class on Celebrity does  have there own dining room.  Much nicer than the big main dining room.  However, we missed HAL and wanted to come back.  The private dining room is a bid draw for us and also the 21 day itinerary.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GrammieK said:

Club orange is a perk for Neptune suite passengers, but may also be purchased by any passenger willing to pay for the upgrade. 

For me, based on what I have observed on the Nieuw Statendam as well as on Eurodam, it is not an upgrade for which I would pay.  

19 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

For me, based on what I have observed on the Nieuw Statendam as well as on Eurodam, it is not an upgrade for which I would pay.  

Agreed, but it can be worth it (depending on the price) on the three newer ships which have a dedicated dining area. 

Remember, you often (not always) get a cabin upgrade with the deal.  My friend just did this and saved alot in the cabin fare for what the free upgrade saved him - almost paid for it.