Flights to Cyprus on Jewel fly/cruise

12 hours ago, bigeck said:

If they wouldn't allow someone from Belfast to book. I'm not sure why they would allow someone to book from Us. 

I was under the impression these cruises are for Uk residents only. 

They added flights so everyone would be in the same bubble.

I was not aware someone from Northern Ireland could not book the Jewel cruises (we are from NI).

I considered booking one , but booked one of the Anthem UK 8 night cruises - there was no problem with us booking that , but we had to fly in to Heathrow from Belfast - they would not allow us to fly from Dublin (we could have got direct flights from Dublin to Southampton).

3 hours ago, bigeck said:

At the moment it's 10 days in a hotel at your cost.

I think we're talking about cruises from Larnaca and don't believe there's any quarantine requirement there.

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think we're talking about cruises from Larnaca and don't believe there's any quarantine requirement there.

Thats the point. The cruisers are from Uk and Cypriots can't book. I have friends who tried and was told Uk citizens only

49 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

I was not aware someone from Northern Ireland could not book the Jewel cruises (we are from NI).

I considered booking one , but booked one of the Anthem UK 8 night cruises - there was no problem with us booking that , but we had to fly in to Heathrow from Belfast - they would not allow us to fly from Dublin (we could have got direct flights from Dublin to Southampton).

Someone on a fb group said they were told they couldn't. I couldn't see why flying to Uk first would be a problem. They might have been flying from Dublin as well. As long as you have 2 jabs, don't see a problem

2 hours ago, bigeck said:

Thats the point. The cruisers are from Uk and Cypriots can't book. I have friends who tried and was told Uk citizens only

I assure you, the RCC Jewel sailings are not UK only.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

That poster is from the US.

Correct. I am from the US, and was able to book flights from JFK to Athens, then from Cyprus home to JFK. No restrictions from RCC regarding where I had to fly in/out of, no restrictions beyond the general "Covid is a danger, reconsider travel" warnings that are out there for every country.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Greece.html

image.thumb.png.6a2d41b58d2b40d723a1e2e254c3f214.png

I've got proof of vaccination, so I'm fine for getting in. Same with Cyprus - just the standard Covid warnings, but no mention of quarantine for US citizens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigeck said:

Someone on a fb group said they were told they couldn't. I couldn't see why flying to Uk first would be a problem. They might have been flying from Dublin as well. As long as you have 2 jabs, don't see a problem

There is a travel ban in Eire. It is illegal to leave the country and you were only allowed 5km from your home.... 

I don’t think that Jewel was UK only?  On the  USA site I can only see Anthem from September onwards ( so none of the Brits only seacations can be booked in USA)  but I can see Limassol which implies it’s open to them.

On 5/1/2021 at 6:01 PM, bigeck said:

If they wouldn't allow someone from Belfast to book. I'm not sure why they would allow someone to book from Us. 

I was under the impression these cruises are for Uk residents only. 

They added flights so everyone would be in the same bubble.

These are definitely NOT cruises for UK residents only. They are heavily marketing them to US citizens. And Cyprus is open to vaccinated people without restrictions. 

6 hours ago, shopnagain said:

These are definitely NOT cruises for UK residents only. They are heavily marketing them to US citizens. And Cyprus is open to vaccinated people without restrictions. 

My mistake.

My neighbour lives in Cyprus half of the year and was having to come home to Uk to fly back but now he can leave from Cyprus. Criteria is changing all the time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shopnagain said:

My Russian friend claims they are heavily promoting the Cyprus Jewel in Russia......

Don't understand though how Royal handles the Sputnik vaccinations

Edited by Kbonner

56 minutes ago, Kbonner said:

My Russian friend claims they are heavily promoting the Cyprus Jewel in Russia......

Someone on here earlier described Limassol as Moscow on the Med.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kbonner said:

That is an interesting question. I seem to remember on the RC page that they are only recognizing Pfizer, J&J, Moderna, and AZ. 

On 5/1/2021 at 10:16 PM, little britain said:

The flight times have been posted many times on the other Jewel Cyprus thread...

direct TUI charter flights for RCI passengers 

Manchester- Larnaca  07.45 land 14.15
Larnaca  - Manchester 15.40 land 18.55

Gatwick - Larnaca 6am land 12.30pm
Larnaca - Gatwick 13.35 land 16.50

Got a revised invoice for 18th September from Manchester showing flight times

Manchester- Larnaca 08.15 land 15.00  TUI 2660

Larnaca - Manchester  16.25 land  19.40   TUI  2661

On 5/2/2021 at 10:15 AM, Sailing12Away said:

I assure you, the RCC Jewel sailings are not UK only.

Correct. I am from the US, and was able to book flights from JFK to Athens, then from Cyprus home to JFK. No restrictions from RCC regarding where I had to fly in/out of, no restrictions beyond the general "Covid is a danger, reconsider travel" warnings that are out there for every country.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Greece.html

image.thumb.png.6a2d41b58d2b40d723a1e2e254c3f214.png

I've got proof of vaccination, so I'm fine for getting in. Same with Cyprus - just the standard Covid warnings, but no mention of quarantine for US citizens.

Have a great trip for all of us.  Reviews when you get back, too.