Shower by aft balcony

Hotspring

Can anyone confirm how much detail someone can see in to the shower and toilet room from the balcony and beyond when they place the shower and bath right next to the balcony and the bed in the front of the cabin?   We do not want to scare our teenager nor do we want amuse those with binoculars on other ships or on shore while we shower or use the bathroom.  Frankly, I think it is as strange was the Epic to put such intimate rooms right in public view, but am hoping that some can confirm they have one way glass  or mirrors.    Specifically we looking at the Haven Aft the Escape but switch to  a different aft when we discovered this issue,

but now it is rearing up again when we thought we had a great room and floor on the Bliss and it turns out they did the same arrangement.

Not quite sure what you're talking about. This is the floor plan I'm seeing for the Haven Aft cabin on the Escape. Bathroom looks like it's completely behind a wall through the bedroom. If you're talking about the Epic regular rooms, the Epic is unique with no other ship designed like her. We had 3 people in a mini suite on our first trip with her, and used the shower curtain divider to separate the shower area from the rest of the room when my mother in law was showering or using the toilet and wanted more privacy.

image.thumb.png.3f538d80aa6cddd0f3012c641e012af7.png

6 minutes ago, Hotspring said:

Specifically we looking at the Haven Aft the Escape but switch to  a different aft when we discovered this issue,

but now it is rearing up again when we thought we had a great room and floor on the Bliss and it turns out they did the same arrangement.

Even with the shade down, people on the balcony can still "see" you to some extent. They can't see you while you are on the toilet, though. 

Escape, Joy, Bliss, and Encore have the same configurations for aft-facing suites. If you avoid decks 11 and 14 (configuration B) on those ships, you won't have the bathroom overlooking the balcony. The other decks (configuration A) have a larger bedroom but a smaller master bathroom that doesn't have any windows to the outside. The larger bedroom has a 2nd access door to the balcony but you can close the solid curtain so that nobody can see from the outside. 

1 minute ago, Sailing12Away said:

This is the floor plan I'm seeing for the Haven Aft cabin on the Escape.

That rendering is incorrect in a couple of ways. It's close to configuration A, though. 

3 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Bathroom looks like it's completely behind a wall through the bedroom.

Both bathrooms for configuration A do not have natural light. No view from anywhere if the door is closed. 

4 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

If you're talking about the Epic regular rooms, the Epic is unique with no other ship designed like her.

The restroom area on Epic is....not worth discussing, anymore. 🤪

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The restroom area on Epic is....not worth discussing, anymore. 🤪

Ha! When we sailed on her for the 2nd time we upgraded to a 2br Haven room. Night & day difference in the bathroom. For 2 intimate people, the regular Epic cabins are ok. For a 3rd wheel (parent/child/friend or in my case mother-in-law), it takes a bit of adjusting of schedules.

I had no idea there were 2 different room configurations for those aft cabins. Hence why these boards are a godsend for doing real time research from folks who have actually been there, rather than relying on outdated info.

Still annoys me that the photos for the Jade DOS were wrong when we booked. We thought we were getting a hot tub on the balcony, and ended up with 2 balconies no hot tub when we got there. I think it was the rendering for the Pearl that they had up there instead.  

10 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Even with the shade down, people on the balcony can still "see" you to some extent. They can't see you while you are on the toilet, though. 

Escape, Joy, Bliss, and Encore have the same configurations for aft-facing suites. If you avoid decks 11 and 14 (configuration B) on those ships, you won't have the bathroom overlooking the balcony. The other decks (configuration A) have a larger bedroom but a smaller master bathroom that doesn't have any windows to the outside. The larger bedroom has a 2nd access door to the balcony but you can close the solid curtain so that nobody can see from the outside. 

Isn't it just your private balcony???   Also, kudos to NCL for looking out for the exibitionist crowd.   LOL  (I kid, I kid) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Parent wouldn't want to be seen by teenager.

Teenager wouldn't want to be seen by parent.

Sorry, I constantly only think of my own situation, just me and my wife.  You are correct that could get a little uncomfortable with a larger number of family in the room.  😕  

Edited by oteixeira
  • Like 1

The only ones I have seen were the 2 bedroom suites. Keep the shade down and you can't see from the balcony to the tub. The shower overlooks the ocean but not sure if anybody tries to look from the water or if docked. the glass is frosted but you can look down at the bottom to the ocean (or dock).

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Parent wouldn't want to be seen by teenager.

Teenager wouldn't want to be seen by parent.

I had a solution that always worked for this...I never cruised with my kids until they were grown and had their own cabin.  🙂

• Like 1