I think we're gonna cancel our cruise...

luckybecky

3 hours ago, kruisinagain said:

The link below shows the cruise schedule from Oahu. Nov 6 is the first date for POA. Possibly this an indication that November would be the earliest to sail?

https://hawaii.portcall.com/#!?tab=2&port=Honolulu - Oahu

Fingers crossed for my Nov 20 cruise!

Very interesting. The CDC "conditions to sail' expires November 1st. 

5 hours ago, kruisinagain said:

The link below shows the cruise schedule from Oahu. Nov 6 is the first date for POA. Possibly this an indication that November would be the earliest to sail?

https://hawaii.portcall.com/#!?tab=2&port=Honolulu - Oahu

Fingers crossed for my Nov 20 cruise!

Dang it, it looks like I'm a week too early (I was close in my estimation when PoA would restart). Oh well, let NCL cancel. I'll take my refund and book an RCI cruise out of Nassau, Bahamas in Oct.

1 hour ago, farmersfight said:

Dang it, it looks like I'm a week too early (I was close in my estimation when PoA would restart). Oh well, let NCL cancel. I'll take my refund and book an RCI cruise out of Nassau, Bahamas in Oct.

Uh, we're a month early.  Now we have to decide whether to postpone to November or spring 2022, but we'll wait a bit and see what happens.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NikiPinkston said:

Uh, we're a month early.  Now we have to decide whether to postpone to November or spring 2022, but we'll wait a bit and see what happens.

imo those November sailings could easily be cancelled too. What the port info tells me is that  ncl doesn’t plan to sail until nov 7 at the earliest. Nothing preventing continued cancellations. Of course all this could change and maybe they will sail this summer, but I would not count on that personally 

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2021 at 2:14 AM, luckybecky said:

We are booked on the Pride of America July 31 Hawaii. I was excited about our extended balcony lido deck cabin. Was happy to hear the news that NCL is petitioning the US government to let them start sailing in July. And happy with the 100% vaccinated guest and crew requirement. We absolutely are on board with being safe. Can't wait to start cruising again!!

But we are almost certainly going to cancel due to the NCL shore excursion requirement. 

I called NCL tonight to confirm what I read on the website: that passengers will ONLY be allowed to debark as part of an official NCL excursion. We will not be allowed off the ship except as part of an NCL excursion, period. 

We do not cruise to stay on the ship. We are very active travelers and usually plan our own excursions, with more flexibility and at a fraction of the cost of excursions booked through the cruise line. We are often off the ship soon after docking and stay out as long as we safely can (without risking missing the boat). I don't want to be tied to the ship price and time constraints. For example, if I only did a 4 hour excursion but we are docked for 10 hours, I might want to spend some time exploring the pier area or otherwise doing something on my own. Not gonna be allowed now. 

I know, I know. Them's the rules. If I want to cruise, I gotta follow the rules. I get that. 

But I think that these new rules are self serving. If all guests and crew are vaccinated, then what added benefit accrues from this excursion requirement? Well, it seems to benefit NCL in terms of added -- indeed, mandated -- excursion revenues. 

So, we had 2 cabins booked at a cost of > $10,000 which we are about to cancel, solely because of this rule. I'm sorry about it. We are looking at doing Hawaii on our own, not cruising.

I can't wait to get back to normal. If that ever happens. 

OK

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

imo those November sailings could easily be cancelled too. What the port info tells me is that  ncl doesn’t plan to sail until nov 7 at the earliest. Nothing preventing continued cancellations. Of course all this could change and maybe they will sail this summer, but I would not count on that personally 

I know you're right, but I think we'll wait just a couple of months to see how things are going. If things still aren't looking good, we'll reschedule for next spring.  Hope springs eternal! 🙂

• Like 1

Until the CDC rescinds its no sail order from US ports, the POA is going nowhere.  That is a reality. Hawaii is in the US and the CDC order includes all state ports. The CDC will not even answer the NCL CEO's letters to demand reopening. The law suits filed against the CDC by Florida, Alaska and Texas will take months or years to get through the court system.  My sister has her whole family of 10 on a POA cruise in July and like many, she doesn't believe it will not sail and refuses to face reality. If the CDC holds firm to its no sail order until November, how can the POA cruise any earlier?

Here are a couple of related news articles:

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. Requests Response from CDC on Company’s Plan to Restart ... (apnews.com)

Norwegian Cruise Line Wants an Answer from the CDC - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

Edited 3 minutes ago by terrydtx

While we enjoyed our POA cruise we did our own excursions

I would not do a cruise out of US port if it had to be ship excursion

We currently have a cruise booked, but will probably cancel and get a condo in Hawaii for a week

Edited by jonbgd