Diamond Princess

Wichard

We have a cruise booked for Jan. 20, 2022 on the Diamond Princess to South America and Antartica.  When checking today I see it listed as  "Currently not available" so I am a little apprehensive because the last time this happened, last year for Pacific Princess, the cruise was cancelled. I also see Sapphire Princess is sailing in South America during this time, which was not the case before, so something is happening to the schedule.  The companion cruise for Diamond on Jan. 4. 2022 is still listed as available.  Does anyone have any insight on this issue?

Richard 

Looks like the entire Diamond season is having the issue.   We are booked B2B2B2B starting in LA on December 1, 2021.   The transpacific from Singapore to LA was cancelled last week along with the entire Japanese season.

Changes are afoot.

All versions show available here. My heart can restart now. We had three overlapping bookings on different ships. The Pacific Princess was sold, one down. The Island Princess' port reservations are changing to be in conflict with the published itineraries for Oct/Nov/Dec so that's probably two down. If our Dec 1 booking for the Diamond goes away we've now struck out. 😥

Edited by beg3yrs

7 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

They are showing as available but you cannot finish the booking process.

I just tried a mock booking and got as far as entering passenger data. Didn't try to go further as not sure when it's committed but to that point I had no errors. I see you're on a phone and assuming you're currently in the USA since it says At&T is your service. I'm using a desktop so I'm hoping this is just a temporary tech glitch for you as this cruise is Plan C for us and if it's gone we've got nothing until May of 2022. 😥

11 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I just tried a mock booking and got as far as entering passenger data. Didn't try to go further as not sure when it's committed but to that point I had no errors. I see you're on a phone and assuming you're currently in the USA since it says At&T is your service. I'm using a desktop so I'm hoping this is just a temporary tech glitch for you as this cruise is Plan C for us and if it's gone we've got nothing until May of 2022. 😥

I just checked with logging into my account and can get up to payment option.  Logged out and tried same thing with no luck.   Interesting goings on.

Yes I am in the US, currently in Sequoia National Park heading for Yosemite.   Found out last week we were fully vaccinated thru the AstraZeneca trial.

Will see if Princess has any announcements

tomorrow.

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 1

We are booked on the same cruise as you and agree that when the "unavailable" situation has happened over the past year it seemed to precede a cancellation announcement.  But this cruise seems to still be on.  I see cabins available for the taking in every category.

Edited by azbirdmom

Just spoke with Princess TA and she said there has been "an issue" with their booking engine. Tried a mock booking today and after getting to the Stateroom and Pricing Summary, I got the following:

We apologize for the inconvenience.

It appears that something has gone wrong and we were not able to continue to the next step.
  • 5137: Rate option and passenger city are not compatible.

2 hours ago, PRNole47 said:

Just spoke with Princess TA and she said there has been "an issue" with their booking engine. Tried a mock booking today and after getting to the Stateroom and Pricing Summary, I got the following:

We apologize for the inconvenience.

It appears that something has gone wrong and we were not able to continue to the next step.
  • 5137: Rate option and passenger city are not compatible.

Thanks, when I checked today everything was back to normal and my cruise was "available".  I was a bit concerned yesterday because we are really interested in this trip.  

Richard