French President makes announcement today.

angela miller

Covid fatigue.  I have done everything the government (even my restrictive State of New York) asked for over a year now.  DW and I are fully vaccinated.  Warning or no warning, we are travelling in September!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Covid fatigue.  I have done everything the government (even my restrictive State of New York) asked for over a year now.  DW and I are fully vaccinated.  Warning or no warning, we are travelling in September!

I hear ya!  From CNN: "The State Department announced Monday that it would begin to update its travel advisories to more closely align with those from the CDC a change that "will result in a significant increase in the number of countries at Level 4: Do Not Travel, to approximately 80% of countries worldwide."

Groan.....on one hand President Macron wants us, on the other hand, our State Dept. says don't go.  

20 hours ago, gnome12 said:

As of yesterday, the CDC had all of Europe at Level 4. If the state department adjusts their travel advisories to more closely follow those of the CDC, as they are expected to do, all of Europe (as well as many other countries around the world) will become Do Not Travel.

Indeed they are doing so, and ironically, given this thread, I just received a STEP notification: "France Travel Advisory: Level 4: Do Not Travel" -- "Do not travel to France due to Covid-19."  (For the past few days, I've been receiving similar notices for the other countries in my STEP account.)   

[STEP for those who may not know is the U.S. State Department's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.]

I'd heard that the US was planning on designating most of the world as Level 4 (something like 80% of the countries) based on CDC guidelines.  I was wondering what that would do to things like travel insurance and whether companies would still be willing to run trips.