Winter 2021

What are your thoughts on cruises going ahead this winter?

We are on the December cruise in the Carribean on 'Explorer' , 1st time with TUi, as always wanted to Cuba.

Is there formal nights on TUI and if so what percentage tend to dress up

Hi Its not called a formal night on Marella it's a 'dress to impress night' when about 50% dress formally in tux for men and women in nice cocktail dresses, other cruisers may have different experiences. 

No ideas about the cruise going ahead, we are holding off booking at the moment. Good luck 🤞 

I'm saying optimistically winter 21/22  in the Caribbean is a go (confident enough that we are booked March 2022).

We have only sailed Marella 3-4 times and never in the Caribbean which may be generally more relaxed in dress. Our experience was similar to others - formal for men was anything from tux (no more than  10%  on our cruises) and then anything down to a shirt and tie. The majority of men were jacket and tie in our experience but it looked like everyone was at least making an effort with the nicest clothes they had 😄

I will be Cruising with Explorer 2 in the Caribbean in January 2022, I hope it goes ahead.

I've been on 10 Marella cruises so far and on the "Dress to Impress" nights  I have worn a shirt and tie, a blazer or a suit. 

Just before the pandemic hit I bought myself a DJ, now never been used on a cruise. 

😪 

GOQ, let's hope it won't be too long before you can wear your new tux!  I think we are all ready to dress up, paint our nails and just feel good. I've spent the last year in jeans and jumper and am really ready to ditch them🙂

• Like 1