Hot Tea

Bubba#1

What LHT says is perfectly true; but as a tea drinker, why take chances? If you like a particular brew, bring at least a few bags, or a small amount of loose tea and an infuser. The stuff weighs next to nothing, and takes up very little room. If you don't like the ship's tea, you'll have a supply that will last you at least until the first port.

It has always puzzled me why restaurants, including those on ships, take pride in their coffee, but offer undrinkable tea such as "for the sick bed only" Lipton orange pekoe. Sometimes the "specialty teas" are OK, sometimes not. As people who drink brewed tea every morning, and brewed ice tea in the evening, we find that even the best tea bags can't compare to the good brewed tea.

What LHT says is perfectly true; but as a tea drinker, why take chances? If you like a particular brew, bring at least a few bags, or a small amount of loose tea and an infuser. The stuff weighs next to nothing, and takes up very little room. If you don't like the ship's tea, you'll have a supply that will last you at least until the first port.

It has always puzzled me why restaurants, including those on ships, take pride in their coffee, but offer undrinkable tea such as "for the sick bed only" Lipton orange pekoe. Sometimes the "specialty teas" are OK, sometimes not. As people who drink brewed tea every morning, and brewed ice tea in the evening, we find that even the best tea bags can't compare to the good brewed tea.

That is a great idea :)

We also drink brewed tea every morning at breakfast and have brewed ice tea for dinner. However, when given a choice between good coffee or tea bag tea, I will opt for coffee, but my husband only drinks tea.

I'm a "green tea" drinker and was pleasantly surprised that Bigelow (sp?) green tea was available all the time, at least in the Islands Cafe on the Century. At least it was this past November. You can also get tea for dinner if you tell your asst. waiter.

Yes, there is iced tea & lemonade machines by the pool and at the buffet for lunch and in the afternoons. They switch around what machines are open depending on time of day, so sometimes you will have to walk into the buffet area. Yes, they do have green tea and I think it was a Lipton product but I'm not sure. My complaint is trying to get herbal teas on board. On my Century cruise last month the only herbal choice was chamomile which is my less than least favorite so I will switch to green tea. Green teas do differ from company to company, so if you have a strong preference, you might just want to bring your own. Or do like I do and go to the local markets at port and buy a new box of tea. Once home it's a nice reminder of your trip.:p

Hi,

I just drink tea- whererever, whenever- my favourite brand is Twinnings. The best tea I got on a ship was on board X- Ships- in the Cova Cafe, they have great Tea- it come from teabags, but was great anyway. They had Green Jasmine tea- which I really can recomend.

Cofa Cafe is one of my favourite spots on board Milli- Class Ships. I have always a few bags of my Twinnings on hand- just in case.

Greetings

Michael

Celebrity uses Bigelow Teas. In the dining room and at the buffet, there is always an assortment of teas, including green, orange pekoe, english teatime, earl grey, decaf, darjeeling and an herb tea or two. The assortment, of course, varies. If you absolutely must have green tea, you might bring a few bags with you. My recollection, however, is that green tea is usually there.

Archived