Will the phone lines crash at 8.30?

bungle66

5 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Sorry you didn’t get your suite wowzz but glad you got something booked and a good price too 

Thank you. Disappointed,  but, as you say, a good price for the grade of cabin.  

• Like 1

We saw a mid ship deck C cabin on sale for our 20 night March '23 cruise - all on it's tod and looking very lonely since the cruise is virtually sold out.  So went for it and transferred from our HB grade which was to the back end of the mid aft section on deck B.  Able to ring straight through as booked with P&O so worked well for us.  Only £45pp more for the whole cruise.  My only slight niggle is that the cabin is near the central public stairwell, though appears to be a few cabins down from the entrance to the lift area, which seems to be enclosed there, so hopefully conversations whilst waiting for lifts or 'dings' as lifts arrive will not be a problem and that was my main concern.

The lady who changed the cabin for us did say that whilst all cabins will be available on the cruises from Southampton, the longer repositioning cruises in particular, will have a reduced number of cabins available as they have to allow for people booking the shorter cruises, which is what we had already discussed here.

Just got two years to wait now...........  

Edited by tring
  • Like 3

One of our favourite cabins is C422 which is opposite the lift area, we have had no problems with noise, no lift dings or people talking outside the cabin. We didn’t manage to get this cabin on either of our recently booked cruises unfortunately, also wanted starboard for the repositioning cruise. 

3 minutes ago, Kentish Lass said:

One of our favourite cabins is C422 which is opposite the lift area, we have had no problems with noise, no lift dings or people talking outside the cabin. We didn’t manage to get this cabin on either of our recently booked cruises unfortunately, also wanted starboard for the repositioning cruise. 

Thank you for the reply, we are in C432, which is nearer the stairs, but actually further away from what appears to be the entrance to the lift area, so that is excellent news.  I was surprised to see the lift area seems to be enclosed with just doors  opposite cabins C426 and C428 on that side of the ship.  I have always seen lift areas open to the corridors, but we usually travel on smaller ships (Fred or Azamara). 

We are not really bothered about the side of the ship as will only affect about three days on a 20 night cruises and I like some shade anyway.

49 minutes ago, Kentish Lass said:

Lift lobby is open, no doors. Stair lobby is are open as well, maybe doors but have never seen them shut. We are in C432 on 4 November 2022 for 14 nights around the Canaries. Will report back then! Seems a long way off.  

Thanks for that extra information.  The deck plans show doors to the lift area. I did not expect them to be closed though unless there was a fire or other emergency, but thought it may separate the area a bit. 

Hope you enjoy your crises.

1 hour ago, tring said:

We are not really bothered about the side of the ship as will only affect about three days on a 20 night cruises and I like some shade anyway

Tring, on the 20 day repo cruise to Malta in March, once you leave Madeira for the second time, from day 12 onwards you are basically sailing east for the rest of the cruise, which is why we specified a starboard cabin. 

I agree with you that the shade can be a benefit, but at that time of year I think you'll need the sun more than the shade!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Tring, on the 20 day repo cruise to Malta in March, once you leave Madeira for the second time, from day 12 onwards you are basically sailing east for the rest of the cruise, which is why we specified a starboard cabin. 

I agree with you that the shade can be a benefit, but at that time of year I think you'll need the sun more than the shade!  

OK so we may need a rain shade 🙂

Actually if you look at the itinerary along with a map, much of it is pootering around the Canaries with an extra trip both north and south to Madeira for the first visit.  Then due N to Madeira for one sea day and there are only four sea days after that.  One is ENE to to Cadiz, one sailing round Iberia to Valencia, so probably NE on average that day, one from Palma to Sardinia (yes that one will be going East), and the last Sardinia to Malta which is SE.  So a couple of days when we can sit taking in the sunset, and the last day when we will get some sun for one last leisurely room service breakfast before packing, will be very nice.  For the port days we could be going any direction, but with the ports being to the LHS of the sailing route, we are thinking we may see more of the land as we approach/leave the ports, which is a time when we would really enjoy the balconies, especially as we often have room service breakfast on port days (though DH does have a habit of going off for something cooked as second course).

Swings and roundabouts in my book, but I can see that others will have other preferences.  We are now booked on P&O ships for 44 nights in Oct/Nov 2022 and twenty nights in March 2023 and will likely go off on some more long haul venture (if we can) for about a month during Jan/Feb 2023, otherwise may try the Canaries at that time, so should not feel too obsessed about sun by March.  Just have to see how travel turns out.  DH is the sun seeker, though even he has said he prefers to be on a sun bed so he can "do" his back as well as just sitting in a chair.

We always had a habit of going off for a fair bit of the winter, but after this year and given MIL passed away last summer we do not have anything to keep us here now.  Fingers crossed on that though. 

Edited by tring

18 minutes ago, tring said:

OK so we may need a rain shade 🙂

Actually if you look at the itinerary along with a map, much of it is pootering around the Canaries with an extra trip both north and south to Madeira for the first visit.  Then due N to Madeira for one sea day and there are only four sea days after that.  One is ENE to to Cadiz, one sailing round Iberia to Valencia, so probably NE on average that day, one from Palma to Sardinia (yes that one will be going East), and the last Sardinia to Malta which is SE.  So a couple of days when we can sit taking in the sunset, and the last day when we will get some sun for one last leisurely room service breakfast before packing, will be very nice.  For the port days we could be going any direction, but with the ports being to the LHS of the sailing route, we are thinking we may see more of the land as we approach/leave the ports, which is a time when we would really enjoy the balconies, especially as we often have room service breakfast on port days (though DH does have a habit of going off for something cooked as second course).

Swings and roundabouts in my book, but I can see that others will have other preferences.  We are now booked on P&O ships for 44 nights in Oct/Nov 2022 and twenty nights in March 2023 and will likely go off on some more long haul venture (if we can) for about a month during Jan/Feb 2023, otherwise may try the Canaries at that time, so should not feel too obsessed about sun by March.  Just have to see how travel turns out.  DH is the sun seeker, though even he has said he prefers to be on a sun bed so he can "do" his back as well as just sitting in a chair.

We always had a habit of going off for a fair bit of the winter, but after this year and given MIL passed away last summer we do not have anything to keep us here now.  Fingers crossed on that though. 

You're right (as usual!), but even with only 4 sea days we would prefer to catch whatever sun there is, rather than watch the scenery - and by the time we get up the ship has normally docked anyway!

As you say, no right or wrong,  just personal choice. 

43 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You're right (as usual!), but even with only 4 sea days we would prefer to catch whatever sun there is, rather than watch the scenery - and by the time we get up the ship has normally docked anyway!

As you say, no right or wrong,  just personal choice. 

We tend to be late as well as you (I had noticed both of us can be posting up to and even after midnight at times), so do not often see early mornings.  I have always intended to keep earlier hours on cruise ships, but have rarely managed it though in some locations, like going through Suez, getting up early was well worthwhile.  Other times I have been known to get up early to see something in particular then put myself back to sleep!  It is mainly the hot weather cruises we have done a fair bit of in recent years as part of a long haul cruise/stay when it is really good to be able to linger out on deck as it gets quieter, then saunter back to the cabin after sunset and not have to dive into early dinner.

Another point about me, (which you may realise if we meet on Princess), is that I have a neurological problem which makes me blink a lot and my eyes can occasionally clamp shut as well (lost me my driving licence about ten years ago).  That gets a whole lot worse if looking into the sun or bright light.  Keeps Allan happy though as he is always wants to face the sun.  All this talk of holidays over the last few days has started to make me quite optimistic about October and I am even getting less bothered that we may need to go on trips if we want to get off the ship.

Hope to see you in October,

Barbara 

Edited by tring

Anyone else get an e-mail from P&O telling me to start getting excited, and that my holiday countdown has begun ? Only 96 weeks to go!

Tall about wishing your life away!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Anyone else get an e-mail from P&O telling me to start getting excited, and that my holiday countdown has begun ? Only 96 weeks to go!

I got one for our Aurora booking - 79 weeks, which did sound a bit exciting since we have not been able to go anywhere abroad for some time.  Nothing for our Azura ones though, including the one which is the same as yours and our earliest cruise will be 74 weeks away.

The one I got the countdown for was booked with the same agent as you, whilst our others were booked direct with P&O, so perhaps the agent bookings are being processed first by P&O.  I do not know how this countdown system works as never experienced it before, but will no doubt find out.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I got one on the 23rd April saying 85 weeks to go. I think the other should be about 97 weeks to go.