Has anyone sailed MSC Yacht Club and Oceania?

jayl65

I’ve booked MSC Seashore next year in Yacht club for 7 days. I can get a 10 day on Oceania for essentially the same price. I’ll have to add a beverage package on Oceania if I choose it. I understand the advantage of a large ship versus small one as it pertains to space, activities and entertainment.

The most important part of the cruise for me is the food. How does YC dining compare to Oceania? Any additional advice or considerations are greatly appreciated. 

You will be amazed at the reactions to your post here vs in the Oceania forum!

We haven't sailed Oceania in 10 years, although we will be on Riviera this coming January.  We did sail MSC Yacht Club in September 2019, on Seaview.  It was thoroughly enjoyable.  The food in the Yacht Club restaurant was excellent.  I can't compare it to Oceania, but would put it above Celebrity's Luminae suite restaurant if only because more choices appealed each night.  You don't mention what level of cabin your price comparison gets you on Oceania – the Butler and especially the Concierges [who are quite nearby within the Yacht Club] made a huge impact on our cruise.  More detail in my blog:

jazzbeauxmediterraneancruise2019.wordpress.com

• Like 1

I’m sure about the difference in opinions. I’m definitely not sailing in a suite. Both sailings would be an inside cabin. I have found I like the inside from a value perspective as well as personal preference. Not a fan of windy sea spray and salt sticky surfaces. Like to nape during the day and love the cave like darkness of the inside cabins. Lol. And I’m cheap! 😊

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

....We did sail MSC Yacht Club in September 2019, on Seaview.  It was thoroughly enjoyable.  The food in the Yacht Club restaurant was excellent...

.....More detail in my blog:

jazzbeauxmediterraneancruise2019.wordpress.com

We have a Seaview repositioning booking for November in YC. Although we've done 3 YC cruises, on Preziosa and Meraviglia,  we haven't previously sailed on Seaview. it is really helpful to read your excellent blog. Thanks for highlighting it.

• Thanks 1

The two are apples and oranges. Two entirely different atmospheres. We have been on 6 Oceania and 2 MSC YC.  Oceania is  more intimate and MSC makes you feel like royalty. Both great. I think Oceania has gone down in the past years but you will have a great time on either.