CDC say you can sail mid July

SpainAlien

23 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Vaccine immunity is stronger than natural immunity according to several sources. This is one article on the subject. There are more if you do some research.......

Immune Response From mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines Is More Robust Than Natural Infection

I'm vaccinated for one reason and one reason only.  I have a close family member who cares about me and is both highly educated in medicine and interacts daily with numerous competent doctors and residents.  She encouraged me to get vaccinated.  I don't care what I read on the internet, see on the "news," etc.  If my PCP recommended otherwise, than I would have a decision to make.  She didn't.  I'm four weeks past the second Pfizer jab tomorrow, and haven't had a single side effect.  Not even a sore arm. 😎  That's the nice thing about our second-to-none healthcare providers in this country.  Folks like us don't have to figure it out....just do what your doctor tells you to.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 9:39 PM, Tippyton said:

Ah - I am a member of the forgotten 20%.  Let's see....  1.  The vaccine is authorized for EMERGENCY USE.  2.  When in the history have we forced vaccines on people who have had the target disease, let alone one authorized only FOR EMERGENCY USE??  3.   The EMERGENCY USE vaccine was never tested on previously infected individuals.

Multiple reports that these vaccines will be approved, not just authorized, but approved by the end of this year.

The authority for the state being able to compel vaccination—the affirmation of that authority—goes all the way back to a U.S. Supreme Court case in 1905 called Jacobson v. Massachusetts.

Hundreds of millions have received the vaccines.  Many of those have been previously infected.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Multiple reports that these vaccines will be approved, not just authorized, but approved by the end of this year.

The authority for the state being able to compel vaccination—the affirmation of that authority—goes all the way back to a U.S. Supreme Court case in 1905 called Jacobson v. Massachusetts.

Hundreds of millions have received the vaccines.  Many of those have been previously infected.  

Still absolutely no science that says I NEED a vaccine.  None.  Zero.  Zilch.  Nada. 

And the coercion (or attempts at it) is offensive and un-American.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

Still absolutely no science that says I NEED a vaccine.  None.  Zero.  Zilch.  Nada

20 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

Still absolutely no science that says I NEED a vaccine.  None.  Zero.  Zilch.  Nada. 

No.  Absolutely no NEED for it at all...to just continue existing.   The only things you NEED it for is to (statistically proven) reduce you chance of getting Covid (good chance you won't get it already....but), and you NEED it to statistically reduce your chance of being hospitalized if you do get it and to reduce your chance of dying from it if you do get it.  Do you NEED it??? Well, NO.  Do you NEED it if you wish to accomplish the two listed issues????   Well, YES.  But those two issues are totally a personal choice to make.  You don't NEED to go on an NCL cruise.  But....you do NEED the vaccine if you desire to cruise with them....at least for the near future it seems.  All personal choices you get to make....and that's not un-American.   

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, roger001 said:

No.  Absolutely no NEED for it at all...to just continue existing.   The only things you NEED it for is to (statistically proven) reduce you chance of getting Covid (good chance you won't get it already....but), and you NEED it to statistically reduce your chance of being hospitalized if you do get it and to reduce your chance of dying from it if you do get it.  Do you NEED it??? Well, NO.  Do you NEED it if you wish to accomplish the two listed issues????   Well, YES.  But those two issues are totally a personal choice to make.  You don't NEED to go on an NCL cruise.  But....you do NEED the vaccine if you desire to cruise with them....at least for the near future it seems.  All personal choices you get to make....and that's not un-American.   

But I'm pretty sure this person already had Covid.

So these things have already been accomplished without the vaccine.

Still forcing the vaccine on someone who has had the/any illness?

That hasn't been done before now. If you had measles, you aren't required to get a measles shot, etc.

It remains to be seen whether a booster will be needed. But it's absolutely too soon to tell/force it on people who had Covid and recovered

Edited by Sinbadssailors
Typos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, roger001 said:

FYI I've had Covid.  Not an antivaxxer by any means and being in good health, the need otherwise would be suspect, and as with all medical decisions its a personal choice, but nevertheless no need for those psychological gymnastics.  There is no longer a need to be vaccinated (for me and other recovered individuals, save those with some real issues) and every bit of science supports this.  See my bullet-proof vest analogy.  I earned my vest already and I can stand on the mountaintop and pound my chest because there is no science that says otherwise.

The bigger picture is that the regulatory bodies and those industries they oppress haven't even carved out this distinction.  Still a one-size-fits-all.  Science doesn't work that way all the time and 20% of us are making ourselves heard.

2 hours ago, Tippyton said:

Science?  No.  Government?  Perhaps.  Merchants?  Yes.  Unless the government legislates otherwise, merchants can and will say that you NEED a vaccine to buy their services.  It is what it is.  Not so much coercion as just who's making (up) the rules.  Since I'm fully vaccinated, I no longer have a dog in this fight and hope to soon enjoy a cruise under whatever the rules are at that time.

5 minutes ago, CaptainHazelwood said:

Science?  No.  Government?  Perhaps.  Merchants?  Yes.  Unless the government legislates otherwise, merchants can and will say that you NEED a vaccine to buy their services.  It is what it is.  Not so much coercion as just who's making (up) the rules.  Since I'm fully vaccinated, I no longer have a dog in this fight and hope to soon enjoy a cruise under whatever the rules are at that time.

Merchants living under the jack-booted heels of the government.  The economic carnage is real.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-11/small-firms-die-quietly-leaving-thousands-of-failures-uncounted

2 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

That hasn't been done before now. If you had measles, you aren't required to get a measles shot, etc.

It remains to be seen whether a booster will be needed. But it's absolutely too soon to tell/force it on people who had Covid and recovered

I'm battered and bruised after falling off my chair reading your response.  THANK YOU!!  Somebody else gets it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

Measles is one of those diseases that if a person contracts it, the immune system will protect you from another infection for infinity or until death. That is pretty damn good natural immunity if you ask me. In fact, it doesn't get any better than that.

Unfortunately, that is not the case with Covid. It has been determined that natural immunity is not nearly as strong as vaccine immunity. Read about it here.......

Immune response from mRNA vaccines is more robust than natural infection

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Measles is one of those diseases that if a person contracts it, the immune system will protect you from another infection for infinity or until death. That is pretty damn good natural immunity if you ask me. In fact, it doesn't get any better than that.

Unfortunately, that is not the case with Covid. It has been determined that natural immunity is not nearly as strong as vaccine immunity. Read about it here.......

Immune response from mRNA vaccines is more robust than natural infection

This link is about the mRNA vaccines.

As an aside, are you aware that not all Covid shots are mRNA vaccines? AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson are old-school. 

The mRNA ones are brand new technology, thus the hesitancy from a lot of (informed) people.

12 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

As an aside, are you aware that not all Covid shots are mRNA vaccines? AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson are old-school. 

The mRNA ones are brand new technology, thus the hesitancy from a lot of (informed) people.

“Nucleic acid vaccination was discovered 30 years ago,” Felgner said. “Thirty years of scientific discovery by hundreds of scientists, clinical development and manufacturing supported with billions of dollars from the NIH and several companies led to the outcome we’re experiencing today, and saving the world.”

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/immune-response-from-mrna-covid-19-vaccines-is-more-robust-than-natural-infection

47 minutes ago, NikiPinkston said:

“Nucleic acid vaccination was discovered 30 years ago,” Felgner said. “Thirty years of scientific discovery by hundreds of scientists, clinical development and manufacturing supported with billions of dollars from the NIH and several companies led to the outcome we’re experiencing today, and saving the world.”

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/immune-response-from-mrna-covid-19-vaccines-is-more-robust-than-natural-infection

I repeat, new:

"mRNA Vaccines Are New, But Not Unknown" per the CDC. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

And different.

So I understand the hesitancy/the wait-and-see approach from some of the informed/low-risk/recovered people.

We honestly don't know the long term effects from something that is new i.e. the Pfizer and Moderna ones - not just 6 months into the mass 'trials' .

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sinbadssailors said:

I repeat, new:

"mRNA Vaccines Are New, But Not Unknown" per the CDC. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

And different.

So I understand the hesitancy/the wait-and-see approach from some of the informed/low-risk/recovered people.

We honestly don't know the long term effects from something that is new i.e. the Pfizer and Moderna ones - not just 6 months into the mass 'trials' .

From the CDC website you referenced:  "Researchers have been studying and working with mRNA vaccines for decades. Interest has grown in these vaccines because they can be developed in a laboratory using readily available materials. This means the process can be standardized and scaled up, making vaccine development faster than traditional methods of making vaccines."

You say potato, I say potahto...

6 hours ago, jperry2011 said:

The CDC also says you have to be masked pretty much everywhere outside of your room.. 

A vaccinated cruise with masks? Why? 

Control.

Control?  Do you really think your so significant the government wants to control you?  

1 hour ago, B Midged said:

Control?  Do you really think your so significant the government wants to control you?  

The government wants to control everyone black white brown gay straight male female frying pan whatever.

Control = more power.

More power = more money.

22 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

I have "researched" only mRNA vaccines because I am vaccinated with Moderna and so is my husband and family. I have not researched the traditional vaccines and yes, I am very much aware of them.

I wonder if those "informed" people are aware the mRNA technology had infancy studies in the 1990s. That, IMHO, is not new technology. Here is are two bits of history of the mRNA vaccines......

mRNA Vaccines a new era in vaccinology

The scientist who paved the way to the mRNA vaccines - Kati Kariko

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1