No Mardi Gras sailings on the website until October

geaux_aces

On 5/12/2021 at 11:48 PM, amcankid said:

Please understand that there's a certain segment of people who took a pandemic and turned it into a political football. 

Being that California has more visitors from China than any other state, more international visitors than any other state with the exception of New York, and the highest population as well as mant congested cities, it was a prime breeding ground for Covid.

I personally lost my Mom's sister, a neighbor who was a cop, a former co-worker, both parents of one of my best friends and honestly my list could go on and on of people I either know or know of due to Covid!

My wife is an ER nurse who volunteered in the beginning to treat those coming in with symptoms.

She would cry herself to sleep the first couple of weeks because it was still unclear on how it was transmitted and she was scared, but she still went to work and did her best to help her sick patients.

I say this because the first couple of months California was hit extremely hard and there was good reason to be fearful.

Once it became obvious that social distancing and mask wearing were effective tools in the fight, fear was replaced by common sense and responsible citizens.

I point out to people that the flu season this year was virtually non existent. Why? Mask wearing and lockdowns.

And yet, even with proof that the virus was slowed by using the flu metric as an example, 550,000 fellow Americans were killed by Covid. Imagine how bad it would have been in a state like California if not for all the guidelines that our Governor imposed.

And now, because we have such a high percentage of people getting vaccinated we have the lowest rates in the country.

So hate on California if it makes you feel better, but don't listen or spread the lies that some are spreading because of their political agenda!

Well said!!!

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I have a excellent TA but I dont contact him for things I know he will say. As I predicted, since it's not cancelled and not being sold on carnivals web site, they say its sold out. ..its the only thing they can say. Exactly what people here have been saying too. 

My TA has his fingers crossed for my vista cruise for me. I really do hope cruises resume in July, but I'd like to see ships fully crewed and getting vaccinated. Not skeleton crews. If I had to guess I'd say july is too soon and carnival will push everything back. ..but I can read the progress by keeping up as well as my most excellent ta. Maybe by late july there is time, as I figure up to 5 or 6 weeks minimum to vaccinate crew, 3 weeks between pfeizer plus 2 weeks. 

I'm cheering on mardi gras arrival in port Canaveral.. everything positive is something to cheer about. One step closer to resuming. Let's crew up these ships and get going. Carnival really really needs to come out this week with a vaccination policy. My roll call needs to know. Also a mask and excursion policy. As soon as travel agents knows someone posts here on cc. They just dont have information we dont. It gets posted. What travel agents can do is go to bat for you. Terminal 3 in Galveston needs to be finished or my allure is finished ... again. My travel agent got on the phone to grab me a corner aft when my march 2022 turned from allure to liberty. Hes gone twice to revenue at rcl because of ship changes. Things I cant do. Terminal 3 which is needed to dock a large ship like allure still isnt started and I'm getting worried about my 2 allure bookings left. When i lost my allure bookings and complained to my travel agent, tbh he said well you always knew it was a possibility. He knows i know as much as he does which ships will go. No sympathy. But he is excellent going to bat for me. He is unerring on numbers and record keeping.

I sincerely hope you are able to board the Allure.  I think we are all hoping to take to the water again, in the near future.  I hope to head out of Galveston on a cruise next year with son, wife and grandkids.  I have heard it is a good port to sale from.  So, I will keep my fingers crossed for the both of us.  

7 minutes ago, Derbie said:

I sincerely hope you are able to board the Allure.  I think we are all hoping to take to the water again, in the near future.  I hope to head out of Galveston on a cruise next year with son, wife and grandkids.  I have heard it is a good port to sale from.  So, I will keep my fingers crossed for the both of us.  

No sign the terminal 3 has even been started which worries me a lot it will finish by the new booked date. I did oasis twice and I'm one who loves shows so I loved oasis and its diving and real broadway show. I get it not everyone loves shows. For me it's not comparable liberty and allure. 

Thanks, I hope you too get to cruise soon. All this waiting drives me crazy. 

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

No sign the terminal 3 has even been started which worries me a lot it will finish by the new booked date. I did oasis twice and I'm one who loves shows so I loved oasis and its diving and real broadway show. I get it not everyone loves shows. For me it's not comparable liberty and allure. 

Thanks, I hope you too get to cruise soon. All this waiting drives me crazy. 

I’ve seen a video of the completed interior months ago any dad drove down to scope it out.