No Mardi Gras sailings on the website until October

geaux_aces

14 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

My cruise is at the end of August on the Mardi Gras out of Port Canaveral.  I just don't know if that will be one of the cruises that will happen.  I've thought about it and accepted that it will be ok if it is cancelled since wearing a mask during dinner, on pool decks, excursions in the hot sun, etc takes a lot of the enjoyment out of cruising.  Until they relax those stupid mask mandates, it really ruins experiences.  

I loved visiting Florida several times this year and eating at restaurants, attending outdoor concerts, and things like that without wearing a mask.  I really love the leadership in Florida.  Tennessee, where I live, is very good too.   I could never live in places like California where they want people to wear masks while checking their own mail.

Uh, where did you get your info on California?

Yes, there were strict lockdowns in the beginning of the pandemic.

But we’re also a state with 40 million people.

A state with many many cities, ripe for the spread of Covid.

But even in the most restrictive period we were never ever required to wear masks just to go to our mailbox or go for a walk.

Most people did and still do wear masks outdoors, but any enforcement or requirements for mask wearing was in the first 3 or 4 months. 
Personally I’m happy to be in a state where seldom does someone try to get in your face for doing the responsible thing.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, amcankid said:

Uh, where did you get your info on California?

Yes, there were strict lockdowns in the beginning of the pandemic.

But we’re also a state with 40 million people.

A state with many many cities, ripe for the spread of Covid.

But even in the most restrictive period we were never ever required to wear masks just to go to our mailbox or go for a walk.

Most people did and still do wear masks outdoors, but any enforcement or requirements for mask wearing was in the first 3 or 4 months. 
Personally I’m happy to be in a state where seldom does someone try to get in your face for doing the responsible thing.

I got my information from an elderly relative who lives there.  I did not google it to check to see if it was true.  She lives in Thousand Oaks, CA and told me they were told to wear a mask if they go outside to check their mail.  When she visited here, she told me I should wash my clothes after going to the grocery store.  They had her scared to death.  I know that the governor out there did have strict lockdowns, while he ignored his own rules for a no mask dinner party.

Where I live, people were able to move about as normal and we were never required to wear a mask while in a park, etc.  I don't know if that was a requirement in California.  All I know is they had her unreasonably fearful and terrified.  Many of then people who live in states like mine were more realistic and knew the crazy lockdowns were ridiculous and overkill.  I used to like in California, but it is ruined in my opinion.  

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 12:30 PM, LHARTWICK said:

I hope our September 11 MG cruise is cancelled, in light of the new guidelines from CDC.  No FUN at all.

I agree.  We are also on the 9/11 MG sailing.  We are vaxxed.  These new guidelines do not sound fun at all.....we have plan B already in place...

The covid situation seems to be changing almost daily, currently moving in the right direction (except for florida, go figure).  BUT... I do not want to have to wear a mask onboard and with some of the other guidelines, just sounds like a drag.  

Given the events of this past year, I would have to believe that MOST people will continue to practice some extent of social distancing and washy washy as much as necessary.

But if I'm getting on a ship with pretty much everyone vaxxed, I do not feel the need for a mask.

Edited by AnitaVacation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AnitaVacation said:

I agree.  We are also on the 9/11 MG sailing.  We are vaxxed.  These new guidelines do not sound fun at all.....we have plan B already in place...

The covid situation seems to be changing almost daily, currently moving in the right direction (except for florida, go figure).  BUT... I do not want to have to wear a mask onboard and with some of the other guidelines, just sounds like a drag.  

Given the events of this past year, I would have to believe that MOST people will continue to practice some extent of social distancing and washy washy as much as necessary.

But if I'm getting on a ship with pretty much everyone vaxxed, I do not feel the need for a mask.

I agree with you both. I'm scheduled on the 8/7 sailing and waiting for the final guidelines. I do not want to wear a mask on board. Hoping to hear something soon.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nae418 said:

I agree with you both. I'm scheduled on the 8/7 sailing and waiting for the final guidelines. I do not want to wear a mask on board. Hoping to hear something soon.  

We are Vaxxed as well but the mask wearing while you eat and outside like by the pool areas is a bit much. CDC is so political that they would rather see the cruise ports fail in FL. just to get at our Gov because they are threatened by him! IMO   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AnitaVacation said:

7 hours ago, nae418 said:

It looks like both of you are going to probably to need a plan B for your vacation plans.  The obnoxiously stupid mask mandates that have been reported by the CDC is just plain overkill.  If masking was required at certain times of congestion on a 95%+ vaccinated that would be acceptable and hopefully the restrictions will be fluid to change as things evolve over the next few months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

It looks like both of you are going to probably to need a plan B for your vacation plans.  The obnoxiously stupid mask mandates that have been reported by the CDC is just plain overkill.  If masking was required at certain times of congestion on a 95%+ vaccinated that would be acceptable and hopefully the restrictions will be fluid to change as things evolve over the next few months.

I am looking around for a plan B, unfortunately my plan B probably won't include pretty blue water and waiter service each night for dinner or a formal night.  It will be a beach closer to home.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nae418 said:

I am looking around for a plan B, unfortunately my plan B probably won't include pretty blue water and waiter service each night for dinner or a formal night.  It will be a beach closer to home.  

Why not choose a nice adults only AI in Riviera Maya MX or Punta Cana DR?

44 minutes ago, nae418 said:

Agree with you. I'll do my hotel for my sept 11 cruise with or without a cruise. .. though I'm still holding out hope but think the cdc is all about keeping cruises from happening. 

Galveston on the gulf the water isnt very blue, but at least the ocean and has a beach and the water is warm enough to swim in sept. I'll need a vacation then anyway. Enjoy

• Like 1

My plan B when my August cruise is cancelled is to keep my airline tickets to Florida and enjoy a week out there where I can relax like a free person.  The last time I was there, we enjoyed several outdoor concerts that were packed with maskless people and ate at restaurants every day without wearing a mask.  We actually lived to tell about it!

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Why not choose a nice adults only AI in Riviera Maya MX or Punta Cana DR?

My daughter is in a destination wedding in Mexico next month, and although she is fully vaccinated, she had to have a covid test 3 days before she flies to Mexico with results in hand. Also, she must have a covid test 2 days before she flies back to the u.s. Who knows what she will spend in Mexico for a covid test?  🙄  I'm not doing all that.   A local beach in the u.s will be fine. Something I could drive to. Also, I fly first class, I did peek at some prices, due to the gasoline hacking the prices are thru the roof.

I will be local this year, if I don't sail.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, nae418 said:

My daughter is in a destination wedding in Mexico next month, and although she is fully vaccinated, she had to have a covid test 3 days before she flies to Mexico with results in hand. Also, she must have a covid test 2 days before she flies back to the u.s. Who knows what she will spend in Mexico for a covid test?  🙄  I'm not doing all that.   A local beach in the u.s will be fine. Something I could drive to. Also, I fly first class, I did peek at some prices, due to the gasoline hacking the prices are thru the roof.

Assuming that the resort your daughter is staying at is above average,  the Covid test that is required to get back in the states is included.

The same is true for the AI we will be staying at next month in Punta Cana.

15 hours ago, AnitaVacation said:

Take a deep breath.  I think there's a pretty good chance that by September, the strict onboard mask mandate for at least some situations (sunbathing at least, OMG) will be lifted for cruises that are 95% vax cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Take a deep breath.  I think there's a pretty good chance that by September, the strict onboard mask mandate for at least some situations (sunbathing at least, OMG) will be lifted for cruises that are 95% vax cruises.

You are a lot more optimistic than I am. I'm just hoping my cruise is a go in sept, nevermind all the silly restrictions.  The cdc never says good job, just need another 20%, come on let's knock this out. Positive. Instead it's all fear mongering which doesnt motivate well. I dont expect the cdc to let up by sept on masks. I'm hoping they let up so cruises can just resume. We really need to hear something positive about restarting soon from the cruiselines. Takes 3 months some say to get things going. Stock is heading south. Carnival has been oddly silent on anything firm. It's been the little boy who cried wolf, we dont believe now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

For sunbathing in socially distanced chairs - from other groups - I think likely from the getgo. People traveling together wouldn't have to isolate from each other 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

You are a lot more optimistic than I am. I'm just hoping my cruise is a go in sept, nevermind all the silly restrictions.  The cdc never says good job, just need another 20%, come on let's knock this out. Positive. Instead it's all fear mongering which doesnt motivate well. I dont expect the cdc to let up by sept on masks. I'm hoping they let up so cruises can just resume. We really need to hear something positive about restarting soon from the cruiselines. Takes 3 months some say to get things going. Stock is heading south. Carnival has been oddly silent on anything firm. It's been the little bo

y who cried wolf, we dont believe now. 

Do people really need an attaboy/girl for doing the right thing? 

Expect a 30% pop once first cruise is confirmed 

4 hours ago, nae418 said:

Fully vaxed. Headed to visit friends in Progreso in 2 weeks. Mexico does not require testing to enter. Negative test required 3 days before re-entry to US.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I will remain in an optimistic state for the next month or two, then re-evaluate the situation.  Plan B is a Gulf front condo on Longboat Key/Siesta Key for the week.  

• Like 1

I'm not sure I fully understand the reason for having to provide a negative test within 3 days of re-entry.  So, you go get tested on Monday, catch covid (unknowingly) Tuesday and fly back with cooties on Wednesday...where does this negative test provide for any safety to other passengers?  Why are the airlines and such not using rapid-tests?  I'd like to see....at airports (and possibly other places, like cruise ships).....'show proof of vax or get a rapid-test before entering the building'.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, amanda219 said:

Fully vaxed. Headed to visit friends in Progreso in 2 weeks. Mexico does not require testing to enter. Negative test required 3 days before re-entry to US.

Wow! I'm going ask my daughter, not sure which resort their in but the whole bridal party needed to present negative covid test to the resort. 

When we went to Florida, there was a wedding party at the hotel.  They came down from one of the northern states to have one of their son's weddings.  They had twins and had done that for the other twin's wedding the prior month.  I think I read that somewhere in one of the states they don't even want people dancing at weddings.  LOL  Well, in Florida they have outdoor concerts where people are dancing away with no masks.  We went to several of those concerts and had a ton of fun.

We are going to Orlando for a get-a-way in June....we plan to take a drive to the west coast (Gulf coast) to scope out places for September's Plan B (just in case).  We already found a place that we like, but I cannot get anyone to answer the phone or an email to ask about their cancellation policy (incase the cruise is a 'go').  I'm not too worried about finding a place to stay in September, kids will be back in school and snow birds will not be in town, so there will be plenty of places available.  As much as we are looking forward to getting back to cruising, I don't want to get on a ship with a bunch of bs restrictions....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nae418 said:

Wow! I'm going ask my daughter, not sure which resort their in but the whole bridal party needed to present negative covid test to the resort. 

You need to find out what kind of insurance plan the hotel has if she or members of her group are unvaccinated. A Dallas couple went to Mexico to attend a wedding and upon testing for return to the US tested positive and were required to quarantine in Mexico for 14 days. Husband was hospitalized. Hotel picked up the tab

That's a pretty big risk if you are unvaccinated and attempting to return to the US. 

Edited by Stallion

For those looking for a 'Plan B' ....the waters and beaches on the west coast of Florida are beautiful (clear and warm) and accommodations should be very reasonably priced because #1. hurricane season, #2. snowbirds not arrived yet, #3. kids back in school.  Just keep your fingers crossed on the hurricane thing....

Edited by AnitaVacation